It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Release full unedited video of Finicum shooting

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

I believe that is a given. This was not a traffic stop. They knew they were scheduled to go to the meeting and yes they were waiting for them so they were separated from the others and tried to stop them. They refused and drove off into the second roadblock. Both sides knew exactly what they were doing.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Just out of curiosity since you would have better knowledge than I about procedure and the LEO side. What are you're thoughts on the video and possibly any time marks you can point out in the line of events.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

I'm not saying I disagree with you on this, but you have to admit without any audio it's impossible to say what's really happening second by second, it's still unclear which cop actually shot him to make him fall down in the snow.

Hopefully they will release some legit audio of this so we can tie the 2 together and make more sense of it all

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Apparently, he doesn't even remember asking me why the cops didn't just go to the compound and round them up, so I doubt you'll get an admission to last night's activities.

Truth is, he doesn't care about the truth...all this internet stuff is just some silly game for him. I can smell it a mile away.
Almost like taking the piss, just for the fun of it.

It sure seemed like you had tried and convicted law enforcement based off of stories from Lavoy supporters.

Well, see, that fits the agenda. Seeking honest and actual truth does not.
When the truth doesn't fit the agenda, it has to be made up. We have to be obtuse and pretend this happened or that happened...and if that doesn't work, we just pretend it's all "faked".

Like I keep saying, LEO, in any capacity seems damned if they do, damned if they don't.
Can't win for losing with these anti-establishment types. I used to think they made some sense, before I realized I was just lying to myself.

Not to say there isn't a lot of corruption in the ranks...just pointing out the obvious.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I don't know, you were practically convinced last night that he was shot in the back of the head execution style while on his knees with his hands up.

It didn't seem like you were "tearing" into a conspiracy then.

It sure seemed like you had tried and convicted law enforcement based off of stories from Lavoy supporters.

You are correct.

However, I do change my mind, and opinions when new evidence surfaces. I had based my opinions on one video that I thought was credible. And guess what, I was wrong.

Yes I was wrong. Think I wasn't disappointed, sure I was and I got over it. But that is the fun part of learning the truth, correct?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

I believe that is a given. This was not a traffic stop. They knew they were scheduled to go to the meeting and yes they were waiting for them so they were separated from the others and tried to stop them. They refused and drove off into the second roadblock. Both sides knew exactly what they were doing.

Thank you.
finely someone see it the same way I do.

I agree.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I'd put money on the cop behind him being the one that put that round in him. And I'd put money on that round hitting him in the head when he did shoot.

He dropped like a stone, and didn't even flinch. That's a classic head shot reaction.

Not sure how you expect audio from this.
If we get some body cam footage then yeah, but you're going to be disappointed if you think there was audio being fed to this plane (or drone, whichever it was)....

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

I don't know, you were practically convinced last night that he was shot in the back of the head execution style while on his knees with his hands up.

Knee deep snow... his hands where up and shot in the head, executed from the back.... not far from the truth.

edit on 28-1-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Here's what I can add to this.

From my understanding the footage is from a plane. The plane is a small possibly British specialty recon/spy plane and fairly unique from what I remember of its description via information coming in moment to moment during feeds etc.

The timestamp to me indicates either a flight time, ie 00:00 at takeoff, or as others said most likely UTC.

The video of the man in the Jeep describing third hand what occurred is very damming and probably accurate; saying that LaVoy 'charged' the feds, or was otherwise pissed and going to take a potshot at them.

However, when LaVoy "reaches" for whatever, I found his stance and reach to be odd.
Assuming he's right handed it would be strange for him to reach towards his left hip to retrieve a gun.
Most gun enthusiasts consider "Cross-Draw" or drawing from a right handed holster placed at the 8-11 o'clock position to be bad form, and never recommended.
most concealed carriers and/or gun enthusiasts would not carry holsterless in a jacket.
There's a chance he was carrying in a shoulder holster, which would be a borderline 'unpopular' way to carry, and he was fumbling with that.

So that's one thing I find odd...
And to add to that in honor of this being ATS and all, I also definitely find it quite convenient that the plane did not have good visual at the time the feds approached the body. As soon as I saw him get taken down, that was the next event I was fast forwarding to as I was curious to see them pull a weapon from his body.

Was he even carrying a gun? Probably
Did he reach for it attempting to damage a fed? Probably
But a couple of the details are still fuzzy.

And either way I fully support the sentiments of this man and their entire operation to bring awareness to the crooked BLM and our broken justice system. Furthermore I support their use of violence (though other than this incident none really occurred) as the rule of law itself, and the bogus authority of our government agencies are enforced similarly.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Law enforcement is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Recently, we had (have) black lives matters supporters and many on the left claiming that law enforcement executed Michael Brown. All the while, a majority of the right said it was not an execution.

Now, we have the right saying that Finicum was executed by law enforcement and what do I see? Many of the same people that believe Michael Brown was executed supporting law enforcement's actions in this case.

Fellow LEO's does it not seem like people only like or agree with us when it suits their own agenda?

Maybe I am looking too much into it. It is no secret that I have become quite bitter, but I am tired of feeling like law enforcement is being pulled in two separate directions for different agendas.

Now if you excuse me, I am going to find my safe space.

edit on 28-1-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

That's a pretty good shot considering he's only got one hand on the gun and the situation he's in and trying to keep footing in the snow

No I'm not expecting aircraft feed, bodycam audio or dashcam audio would however be suitable, surely the radio chatter at least was recorded ?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Can't tell if he reached and was shot or was shot and then reached.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Well, I was at the time and am now convinced Brown got his and see that Finicum got his. Mess with the bull, get the horns. Kinda the way it works.

So, where is it I stand in all that?

Maybe I should go find my safe space to. Feels pretty alone out here. HA

edit on 28-1-2016 by Jakal26 because: Now, when it comes to Rice (and some others) we might be of a difference of opinion..but even then, I don't think they just cold blooded murdered the kid, though I might have used such hyperbole. More like failure on an epic level, but I don't think they just decided to kill him because...race, or anything of the sort.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Maybe it was. Maybe he was aiming center mass and just happened to hit him in the head with it.
Would have to ask him, but then again, I doubt you'd get an answer.

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Another oddity.

Usually after they shoot a suspect, don't they go right afterwards and frisk and get any weapons out of the way?

Highly Suspicious "standard procedure".

Yeah, right. When the snow is that deep and the car with the others sitting right there with who knows how many guns possibly pointed out at that moment.

link   
a reply to: RickyD

I don't think time stamps hold any kind of evidentiary value in this case.

I don't fully comprehend the situation behind the whole fiasco but I will comment on the shooting.

Just looking at the video, it appears justified to me.

Finicum had a warrant, fled the scene, and drove straight at a road block at high speed. Shooting at the truck heading straight at them would have been justified.

If I was there and Finicum exited the vehicle I would have told him to freeze, then I would have told him to place his hands in the air, and finally I would have told him to walk back to the sound of my voice until he was detained. The same procedure would have been conducted for the remaining occupants.

If law enforcement knew without a doubt that Finicum was alone they would have done what I mentioned above, or asked him to lay down on his stomach with his arms out (horizontal). The contact team would then approach and handcuff him.

At no point, would I tell him to walk around in a circle and reach into his jacket pocket several times. I highly doubt the Officers/Agents on scene would do so either.

I think this was a clear case of suicide by cop/wanting to be a martyr.

As far as the officer on the far left side of Finicum, I agree that he put himself in tactically unsound position.

I have heard some say that the officer had a taser and was trying to incapacitate Finicum from behind. However, when other officers witnessed him reaching into his jacket they opened fire. That is nothing but hearsay though.

To put a bow on it, if I was trying to make an arrest on a person that was known to be armed, said they would not be taken alive, and reached into their jacket pocket several times I would shoot too.

I pray to God that I can leave law enforcement without being put into such a situation.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

It is hard to tell from the video, but I was thinking that if a head shot was achieved (lack of a better term) , it was one of the officers/agents on the right side with an AR 15.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Not in the context of what Finicum supporters were claiming.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I am sure I am one of the guys that you are talking about here, and rightfully so.

I learned from my mistakes and will gladly admit I was wrong in my initial postings about brown and such.

edit on thThu, 28 Jan 2016 23:34:56 -0600America/Chicago120165680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Well I do guess you're right there...leaping out of the vehicle hands up or not was dumb as hell. Especially after driving into a road block. That cop that actually gets thrown by the snow displacement probably made a mess in his pants. Still wondering what that guy was thinking. And why flash bang the truck only to shoot into it. I'm pretty sure I saw bullets coming out of the far side glass.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join