It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Release full unedited video of Finicum shooting

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

willy nilly? really, running from the cops, armed, getting out of your car, running around, putting your hands down and reaching for your jacket? if he was anyone else, nobody would fault the cops for not thinking twice.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

You describe the 2nd shot accurately.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I have seen up close and personal what LEO are capable of doing AND getting away with. It isn't the LEO's job to be judge, jury and executioner.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

I have seen up close and personal what LEO are capable of doing AND getting away with. It isn't the LEO's job to be judge, jury and executioner.

Actually, it is ... when use of deadly force has been justified by a suspect's resisting arrest, flight, assault on police officers, and reckless endangerment of others ... and this is not only based on US and Oregon law, but in the Common Law, back to the 12th century at least.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

you say it was the second. your evidence? nothing

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka
Watch the end of the video where his associate exits the truck, hands clearly raised, throws his sidearm to the ground and walks slowly toward officers..

This is not in any way what we saw in the first encounter with Lavoy. He presented himself as a threat.

So you are saying he had a gun in his hand that is raised and throws it to the ground ?

They should have blown him away as soon as they saw the gun!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The only thing I'm coming up with is Tennessee v Garner which happened in '85.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

The only thing I'm coming up with is Tennessee v Garner which happened in '85.

I will admit, your words convey absolutely no meaning to me.

Care to try again?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113

you say it was the second. your evidence? nothing

The officer shooting first displays a slight body recoil.

Watch it real close.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Let me see if I'm following the gist of what some of you are claiming here.

The Oregon State Police (which are actually the men on the ground at the traffic stop, if I'm not mistaken) are all corrupt, as well as the entire County Sheriff's Department? I know you'd argue the Feds are because, well, they're Feds so they are all suspect traitors.

Still though, are you telling me that every Trooper, Deputy and FBI agent involved in this operation are all part of the evil government hive-mind-dictatorship that so many of you see so clearly?

So ... at least 50 or so men and women are all liars, all heartless, gutless robots serving the Great Despot Obama?

And let's forget the fact that County doesn't like State in their juris-dang-diction ... and State likes the Feds in theirs even less?

And yet, we're supposed to believe that these 50 - 100 people are all in perfect agreement to kill one misguided fellow that no one knew last month with a death wish just because he don't "trust the guvment?"

Do I have that about right? What did I miss?
edit on 29-1-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

i dont see any signs of shooting. what i see is him reaching for his jacket at 9:27, then again at 9:29, then getting shot at 9:31 after looking to his left.

dont play with cops, dont run while armed.

at the very least suicide by cop
edit on 29-1-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Sounds about right.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Sounds about right.

Thank you for your honesty!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113
a reply to: rollanotherone

willy nilly? really, running from the cops, armed, getting out of your car, running around, putting your hands down and reaching for your jacket? if he was anyone else, nobody would fault the cops for not thinking twice.

Let try this again
Ya a right handed man with a gun on his right side
does not go for the left side for his gun
His first instinct was to go for the pain of being hit first

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

at 9:27 he drops his arms and moves them toward his jacket. its not the cops job to guess were your gun is, its your job to keep your hands up stand still.

now there is no evidence he got shot before he puts his hands down at 9:27. ive watched it several times slow motion frame by frame, zoomed. there is no evidence.

like i said. i get pulled over, i stay in my car, hands up, sit still.

he did everything he could to get shot at. everything.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Of course they are all good folks who won't shoot to kill and never dare to plant a 9mm on him later, just to make sure at least one of them had a weapon.

No. To pull something like this up you'll need a big conspiracy where every LEO had to be involved personally. Also, no LEO ever planted false evidence on somebody. Nothing happened, never.

Just trust your police state actors blindly and enjoy the militarized road show! Everything is OK!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I wonder if the FBI has an audio from inside the truck. Or if any of the people arrested in the truck had smart phone or the truck was bugged.

I'm really interested to see if this guys passengers said anything along the lines of "don't get out the car we're going to get shot..." or something similar.

Any audio of the event would help put things into greater perspective too.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I don't know about you, but I don't trust anyone that hasn't proven themselves to be trustworthy.

Here's the other funny thing: both of our posts are equally extreme and absurd.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

"Finicum leaves the truck and steps through the snow. Agents and troopers on scene had information that Finicum and others would be armed. On at least two occasions, Finicum reaches his right hand toward a pocket on the left inside portion of his jacket. He did have a loaded 9 mm semi-automatic handgun in that pocket."

source

this totally destroys your comment. and the video proves it.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD

That's what his son said. And frankly, it would make sense to meet locals without weapons.

Did anybody wear weapons on them while arrested? Just imagine the outrage if there would've been only a copy of the constitution in his pocket...

Mark O'Connell, I think that's his name (please correct me if need be); the driver of the jeep, who was arrested, later questioned for two hours and let go because the officers had nothing on him (he stays off social media), made a video of himself later that night recounting what happened up until the time LaVoy sped off from the 1st stop and what he was told afterward by people in LaVoy's truck. He was armed and his guns were taken from him. He doubts he will ever see them again.

Did everyone see his video? It's very important. I first saw it right after he published it but I can't find it on YouTube or in my Watch History. The Oregonian has only an excerpt of his original video which I have open but I don't think it has a direct link.

Victoria Short said the men in LaVoy's truck were armed when she gave her testimony.

I just wanted to insert this information for the record.
edit on 29-1-2016 by tweetie because: correction

edit on 29-1-2016 by tweetie because: added a few words

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join