It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Release full unedited video of Finicum shooting

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113
my first reaction to getting shot is falling to the ground. not reaching straight for a gun. no one gets shot, stays calm then reaches for a gun. he didn't flinch before reaching for a gun at all. no reaction to getting shot at if he did.

now if he wanted to shoot it out with someone else, this is exactly how one would act.

Maybe I am better at interpreting body language - I don't really know - but his leg jerked before the reach. Something hit him. Also, right before his leg jerked (his left one) the officer in the lower portion of the screen had placed his left hand on the gun he was holding with his right, took aim, and you can see the recoil right before he looks at the ground where his right foot slipped in the snow.

Some of us are probably just better at observation than others - nothing personal

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: [post=20314260]

In this situation though, we actually have an aerial video - and it shows, what appears to be, LaVoy, walking through about 3-4 feet of snow with his arms in the air. he then gets shot by the Officer in the lower right of the screen, and reaches to where he was shot.

No...according to the female passenger...He is shouting "shoot me" and then the video shows him reaching for a gun stuffed in his pocket that no man would have brought with him whilst "surrendering"...

Suicide by cop...

yeah, yeah, that's the ticket!

Ok, I will 'pretend' he wasn't walking through 3-4 feet of snow with his arms up. I can also "pretend" that he was really doing a rhino charge straight at the closest officer, exactly as they described.

Yea. I thought we would've seen a full on running back charge at them. Didn't look that way to me.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

no at around 9:28 he clearly reaches towards his gun then gets shot. if he wanted to give up he would have gotten down. in anyways ive watched it many times. if i would have gotten out of my car against their instructions which are usually going to be stay in the car, and reached in my jacket. bam id get shot. he must have known cops dont take any risk when it comes to their lives.

you get pulled over. dont get out if your car. dont face an officer and dont reach into your clothes.
edit on 29-1-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

no at around 9:28 he clearly reaches towards his gun then gets shot. if he wanted to give up he would have gotten down. in anyways ive watched it many times. if i would have gotten out of my car against their instructions which are usually going to be stay in the car, and reached in my jacket. bam id get shot. he must have known cops dont take any risk when it comes to their lives.

you get pulled over. dont get out if your car. dont face an officer and dont reach into your clothes.

ok, whatever you say chief!

link   

it was a good 2 seconds before he reached for his gun that he gets shot.
edit on 29-1-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

link   
At 9:30 in the video, it looks like he's putting his hands out in a "no, don't shoot me" gesture." Then he's shot from the guy behind him, then he's worm food. I guess this is a glimpse into what is going to happen to anyone who dares go against the federal government. Think I'll put some Kardashian BooBoo dancing with the American talented Idols on and keep on sheeping away my life.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

No.

He was reacting to getting shot.

Clear as the finest European Crystal.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

Well, if you had an airbag stuffed into your face, not sure if you'd wanna hang out in the driver seat. (Pure speculation, not sure if he had an airbag deploy)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

when did he react to getting shot before or after putting his hands down and reaching for his jacket at 9:28?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I will repost this for all of eternity.

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
Repost:

Well there are plenty of video to prove he was reacting to being shot. For instance in this one, this poor bastard is shot in the gut at the 54 second mark, by a jackass wielding what appears to me to be a tec9. It predictably has either an FTF/FTE after the first shot, because lets be honest its a #ty gun used by street thugs that dont know any better because it looks cool in movies.

Considering his hands were up until that point, I would say it make sense. They continued to shoot him when he dropped his hands and used this to say that is when they chose to shoot. The officer was already in the woods ready to fire.

The "Freedom fighting/Moderate Rebel" does the same in this video when troops hit him.

It happens instantly, and you do it without thinking.

originally posted by: nataylor
Here's a stabilized/sharpened version of the shooting I made. It runs at 50% speed:

This man was shot with his hands in the air, he dropped them in reaction to being shot. Everyone here would instinctively do the same after being shot with your hands in the air. The only people that would not do this are individuasl who suffer paralysis, double arm amputees, and/or possibly someone high on PCP.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Wait a minute. We've been going about this all wrong. I'm going to say it was the guy on the grassy knoll. It's clear as day.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
in anyways a cop and someone running from the cops are locked in a room. they both have guns, the cop shoots the guy running, we open the doors. who are we going to believe?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Yea. I'm watching it on my 60 inch screen. He's clearly grabbing his abdomen, left side, and trying to keep his hands clear from his body.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

when did he react to getting shot before or after putting his hands down and reaching for his jacket at 9:28?

The officer on the right has the gun out.

He shot first.

Then the victim moves his hands down after getting hit.

Crystal Clear.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
From 11:05 on, can anyone tell if that white thing on the driver side is an airbag?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD

I noticed that a lot of the girls testimony seemed to be reflected in the video as well. Although maybe inflated and exaggerated.

Another thing I thought was weird was that Lavoy was reaching to his left side with his right hand, so I looked up pictures to see which side/how he holsters:

Perhaps they were asking him to throw down his weapon and he was attempting to unbuckle the holster? Or maybe he holsters inside his jacket too. Or maybe he was shot.

Either way, nothing can really be proven without audio. But the girls testimony is the most accurate evidence we have until then.

Ya a right handed man with a gun on his right side don't not go for the left for his gun
His first instinct was to go for the pain of being hit first

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I agree. At least, that's my interpretation of the occurrence.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

Yup. Grabbing the left lower abdomen. Anyone of the LEO have on body cams?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

of course the cop has his gun out. the fact that he reached for his abdomen means either he got shot or that he's reaching for his gun. as he turns at 9:28 hes already reaching for his jacket. no evidence he got shot yet only that he reached for his abdomen. there is no reason to shoot someone with their hands up unless they reach for a holster.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Based on the video alone, it is IMPOSSIBLE to know when the first shot was fired, and whether the man was surrendering or going for a gun.

One clear thing that is evident is that the man was not executed while he kneeled on the ground like some liars claimed.

That said, we can reasonably see that the man put himself and the agents in danger and created a dangerous situation. He used his car as a deadly weapon, and attempted to flee authorities, told authorities he would rather die and implied he would have guns on his person.

Without further evidence or credible witness testimony, reasonable people will conclude this man willfully put himself and others in danger and that his death was a predictable result.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join