It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Release full unedited video of Finicum shooting

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD

That's what his son said. And frankly, it would make sense to meet locals without weapons.

Did anybody wear weapons on them while arrested? Just imagine the outrage if there would've been only a copy of the constitution in his pocket...
I think we would know if they would've found weapons on them, which they presumably didn't.

Law-enforcement officials familiar with the matter said the incident took place as Mr. Bundy and a handful of other leaders were driving to a public event nearby. Agents with the FBI stopped the vehicle, at which point one of the individuals in the vehicle pulled out a weapon, the people familiar with the incident said.
At that point, FBI agents fired. The individual who was brandishing the weapon suffered fatal injuries, officials said.

www.wsj.com...

Now that's a straight lie, he never had a weapon in his hand. Thus I'll doubt it was his gun, they planted it on him to keep this construction of lies intact for the Gullible Fritz. Just a working hypothesis for now, I think it will fall apart if they found weapons on Bundy or somebody else during the arrest.
edit on 29-1-2016 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer

originally posted by: Xcathdra

on.aol.com...

The same thing was said in Ferguson... and it turned out to be not true.

In this situation though, we actually have an aerial video - and it shows, what appears to be, LaVoy, walking through about 3-4 feet of snow with his arms in the air. he then gets shot by the Officer in the lower right of the screen, and reaches to where he was shot.

If he got shot in the stomach, then why does the officer behind him still have his tazer (left hand) pointed at Finicum? The officer in the woods never grabs his gun (right hand) until Finicum drops. If shots were being fired while Finicum had his hands up, he would have his gun out.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Another thing we didn't hear:

'hey, check this #### out fellas! Something I learned in Quantico .. if you know you are being filmed, shoot the perp in the waist, because they will instinctively reach to where they are shot and you can say you saw them reaching for something. It's brilliant!"

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

We weren't there and we do not see the same thing officers on the ground see. I can provide links to dashcam footage where video from 1 cop car shows an officer shooting a suspect in the back. The second camera, from a different angle, shows the suspect with an object in his hand turning towards another officer.

Its also possible the guy was continuing to approach the officer while ignoring commands to stop where he was at. When you make comments about not being taken alive the protocol changes.

If a cop is dealing with a person who claims he is special forces and a kung fu master then he is treated as if he is serious and that he actually has those skill sets, regardless if he's telling the truth or not. You have an armed standoff with members going on record that they won't be taken alive and are known to be armed. It's simple - you comply with the commands being issued so everyone goes home safe and alive at the end of the day.

Audio, if there is any, would be nice as it can place things in context.
I am not defending the officers.. Just pointing out the issues both sides have in this thread.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

We weren't there and we do not see the same thing officers on the ground see. I can provide links to dashcam footage where video from 1 cop car shows an officer shooting a suspect in the back. The second camera, from a different angle, shows the suspect with an object in his hand turning towards another officer.

Its also possible the guy was continuing to approach the officer while ignoring commands to stop where he was at. When you make comments about not being taken alive the protocol changes.

If a cop is dealing with a person who claims he is special forces and a kung fu master then he is treated as if he is serious and that he actually has those skill sets, regardless if he's telling the truth or not. You have an armed standoff with members going on record that they won't be taken alive and are known to be armed. It's simple - you comply with the commands being issued so everyone goes home safe and alive at the end of the day.

Audio, if there is any, would be nice as it can place things in context.
I am not defending the officers.. Just pointing out the issues both sides have in this thread.

I am fairly certain you just outlined the reasons why Finicum was specifically targeted by the hit squad. this was premeditated.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

This was a hit, it was not an arrest.

if true this could be the motive:

hypothetically of course

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I am fairly certain you just outlined the reasons why Finicum was specifically targeted by the hit squad. this was premeditated.

Did the officers present know who this guy was on sight?

The encounter was in fact premeditated - on both side.

If it was a hit then explain why all the militia members were unharmed except this guy? Why have video and then broadcast it?
edit on 29-1-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Did the officers present know who this guy was on sight?

The encounter was in fact premeditated - on both side.

If it was a hit then explain why all the militia members were unharmed except this guy? Why have video and then broadcast it?

obviously they knew who he was.

And no, this encounter was not premeditated on both sides, they were on their way to a meeting in John Day.

they specifically targeted Finicum, as he was the spokesperson of the group. Silence the voice, you silence dissent. make an example out of him too, for anyone else who may agree with what he was saying.

comply or die peasants.

edit on 29-1-2016 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Indigo5

You wanna imply the LEO's didn't have body cams and audio files from this incident at hand? I'll doubt that.

I am a big fan of body cams...but Harney County Oregon is an unlikely candidate for having made that investment yet. We are still struggling to get that investment in major cities like Chicago.

Feds took point. Locals manned the roadblocks..and no Harney County does not have body cams..hell, I am surprised they have better than dukes of hazard lights with magnetic strips tossed on 1980's vehicles ...like they do in the UP of Michigan in an unnamed town I visit.

Not confusing...yes disappointing...yes heartbreaking, LaVoy was a decent guy far astray on his life journey...yes gross that his death/suicide by cop film is fodder for conspiracy...but not..in any way mysterious.

edit on 29-1-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

You wanna imply the LEO's didn't have body cams and audio files from this incident at hand? I'll doubt that.

Doubt all you like...Big cities are opposing body cams for cost purposes and other BS. Show me a single recorded, documented or other spec of proof that Harney County OR has invested in and uses body cams.

Why not leaving us with a windy soundfile instead of editing it out of an 'unedited' vid? Transparency is something entirely different, we may agree on that at least.

Cuz the drone...understanding it has no useful audio purpose...does not have a "windy soundfile"...nor any kind of mics to provide that useless noise..nor other useless devices that weight it down and drain battery life to some day satisfy conspiracy theorists.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Why not leaving us with a windy soundfile instead of editing it out of an 'unedited' vid?

What soundfile are you on about?
edit on 29-1-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Let me know when we can have a discussion that starts with reality...

let me know when you want to be civil.

Nothing civil about exploiting the filmed death of someone for your own agenda...You let me know when you want to have a discussion about reality and maybe then we can discuss how an otherwise good man got lost and ended up dead for Ammon Bundy's publicity campaign.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Indigo5
Why not leaving us with a windy soundfile instead of editing it out of an 'unedited' vid?

What soundfile are you on about?

Straighten out your post via edit...I did not post what you quoted me as posting

Edit to add: Corrected my own post which included the post I was responding to unquoted. thanks for the heads up.
edit on 29-1-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Sounds to me like the only agenda that was being pushed was exposing an unconstitutional land grab by BLM.

What public accommodations were given to Bundy and his group to peacefully assemble and protest? IIRC, the Fire Chief resigned over something the Sheriff told him.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20314260]

In this situation though, we actually have an aerial video - and it shows, what appears to be, LaVoy, walking through about 3-4 feet of snow with his arms in the air. he then gets shot by the Officer in the lower right of the screen, and reaches to where he was shot.

No...according to the female passenger...He is shouting "shoot me" and then the video shows him reaching for a gun stuffed in his pocket that no man would have brought with him whilst "surrendering"...

Suicide by cop...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
my first reaction to getting shot is falling to the ground. not reaching straight for a gun. no one gets shot, stays calm then reaches for a gun. he didn't flinch before reaching for a gun at all. no reaction to getting shot at if he did.

now if he wanted to shoot it out with someone else, this is exactly how one would act.
edit on 29-1-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I thought so myself, but I don't have any information with regards to this drone. But they use dash cams in their vehicles, don't they?

a reply to: Xcathdra

Ryan Bundy was shot in the arm, probably during the first stop.

Besides from that it's rather a miracle that nobody in the car was wounded after they lid it up with appr. 120 bullets or someting.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: [post=20314260]

No...according to the female passenger...He is shouting "shoot me" and then the video shows him reaching for a gun stuffed in his pocket that no man would have brought with him whilst "surrendering"...

Suicide by cop...

yeah, yeah, that's the ticket!

Ok, I will 'pretend' he wasn't walking through 3-4 feet of snow with his arms up. I can also "pretend" that he was really doing a rhino charge straight at the closest officer, exactly as they described.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

obviously they knew who he was.

Actually no its not.

And no, this encounter was not premeditated on both sides, they were on their way to a meeting in John Day.

The occupation of the federal land was premeditated by the militia.
The traffic stops to arrest the individuals was premeditated.

they specifically targeted Finicum, as he was the spokesperson of the group. Silence the voice, you silence dissent. make an example out of him too, for anyone else who may agree with what he was saying.

Show us where they say they were targeting Finicum

comply or die peasants.

Don't break the law.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Walking in deep sloppy snow isn't the easiest to do. It looks like he was losing footing and was trying to keep balanced. And, he just crashed a vehicle into 2 feet of the same snow. Groggy, disoriented? Don't these LEO have non lethal means? Taser? Beanbag shots? Seems like SOP for LEO. Shoot to kill so you don't have to mess with any court proceedings.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join