It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Release full unedited video of Finicum shooting

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD

Where is that 9mm coming from? Any further info on where exactly he had that pistol on him? Thus far I only saw him with a Colt on his wrist.

LaVoy’s guns were left at the compound and you can see his personal pistol in some of the videos after he was killed. He would not leave his own personal pistol behind at the refuge and take somebody else’s gun with him.

www.copblock.org...

They were on the way to talk with residents thus I would suggest the weapon could've been planted on him. Had Bundy a gun on him while arrested, or anybody else for that matter?

Anyway... now I see he was still moving after they shot him. No first aid, nothing. They simply led him die. Not an execution then, just denial of assistance. Cruel enough for me though...

link   

Thanks, but I wasn't.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Wouldn't you think (just generally speaking here) a gun owner in this situation would have had the pistol out and beside him and stuck it in his waistband when leaving the truck?

I am not saying this is what happened ... but ... doesn't that "make sense" when one is in a "dangerous situation"?

Yes, that's what I said as well, he had his gun out of the holster and tucked into his waistband, and not holstered. Holsters are not always the quickest place to draw a gun from, nor the easiest to conceal.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

then used his car as a weapon to barrel through two police roadblocks

There was only one roadblock. And he didn't "barrel through" it. Where are you getting this stuff?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but it looks to me the officer in the woods has a tazer in his left hand. When the shots fly, he grabs his gun with his right hand. This leads me to think Finicum was not shot in the stomach before being dropped.
edit on 29-1-2016 by HighFive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Nope, if someone intended to shoot it out, you'd have weapon out and ready to use, not in pocket or holster.

On the otherhand, if one was already shot at but not looking for suicide by cop making a run for it makes some sense (first stop?)

Finding another road block ahead and knowing game over but finding you get shot anyways would result in a defense move as well as putting arms down if shot in hip or abdominal area.

I agree with many, audio is key to solving whether this was execution or justified shooting.

The video alone just does not have enough info to make definitive conclusion except for biased folks.
edit on 29-1-2016 by Phoenix because: sp

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: OveRcuRrEnteD

then used his car as a weapon to barrel through two police roadblocks

There was only one roadblock. And he didn't "barrel through" it. Where are you getting this stuff?

Two roadblocks, the first one stopped Ammon Bundy and others, Finicum did not stop, until he hit the second one and swerved into the snow bank. And the phrase "barreled through it," has been used in multiple articles on it

Why Police Shot the Oregon Occupier LaVoy Finicum

The FBI released footage that shows the slain militiaman trying to barrel past a roadblock, then allegedly reaching for a gun in his pocket.

Roadblock/Police attempt number 1 to stop the group, (Highway 395, two SUVs)

The seven people were driving from the refuge to the town of John Day, along Highway 395, in two SUVs when police attempted to stop them. A Jeep carried Ammon Bundy and Brian Cavalier, both of whom face federal charges, and a driver who does not. (A man named Mark McConnell has said he was the driver.) They all exited the car without incident. But a white truck, driven by Finicum, kept going, then stopped further down the road. Police approached and gave commands to the passengers. Ryan Payne left the truck. Then the driver took off at high speed, headed down the deserted road.

Roadblock 2 (three police SUVs across road):

But there was a roadblock ahead. As Finicum neared the roadblock, made up of three trucks, he veered left, trying to get around them, but his truck lodged in a snowdrift. (The film shows Finicum nearly hitting an FBI agent.) Once again, police shouted commands to them. Finicum, 55, exited the car almost immediately, with his hands up, and started walking away from the officers. Then he reached for his pocket, at which point a Oregon trooper, from the trees away from the road, shot him.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighFive
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but it looks to me the officer in the woods has a tazer in his left hand. When the shots fly, he grabs his gun with his right hand. This leads me to think Finicum was not shot in the stomach before being dropped.

I've repeatedly thought that officer had a tazer but wasn't posisitve. I haven't seen anyone mention it anywhere and I wasn't going to in this thread but saw your post. Carry on!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Where is that 9mm coming from

FBI Statement
According to the statement the puffs in the vid near the window was pepper gas
edit on 1/29/2016 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: additional info

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

originally posted by: HighFive

I've repeatedly thought that officer had a tazer but wasn't posisitve. I haven't seen anyone mention it anywhere and I wasn't going to in this thread but saw your post. Carry on!

Watch the video again. I think he was shot by the officer he initially walked at, when he turned to the officer coming from the woods holding a tazer. Protecting his partner. If Finicum had been shot already, the cop in the woods would have had his gun out..
edit on 29-1-2016 by HighFive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

His gun was a 45er Colt, not a 9mm. Besides from that, Ammonds father was on the news and stated he was unarmed. The interview starts around the 2min mark.

I don't trust the FBI blindly, we'll see how that story turns out.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
1) The first was a traffic stop not a roadblock(see your quote above "when police attempted to stop them")
2) Barreling through(as you said) and barreling past(as your quote says) are two completely different things.
edit on 1/29/2016 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: clarity

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I don't think he was putting that .45 in the holster under his arm but hey...who knows
Not sure how Cliven got that info..and is it reliable?
edit on 1/29/2016 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I've been studying and analyzing the compressed, pixelated streaming videos that have been posted. (I learned my techniques from the genius investigative documentarians who created "Loose Change".) I've even studied the zoomed in/slowed down version that was posted here which really helps to blow up the pixelation and further blur the image.

I've come to a shocking conclusion, not dissimilar to the revelations from "Loose Change".

The video is a lie! The truck is a hologram! He was not shot by the men seen in the video!

If you watch closely, you will see a quick flash underneath the wing...sorry, the passenger side mirror. That's where the missile was launched that killed this poor, helpless patriot.

Earlier today, I saw video on a news report that showed 6 or 7 dirty Portland hippies jumping and celebrating at the site of this man being killed. It wasn't the Feds. It was the hippies.

Study it out, Sheeple. Don't believe the OS!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer
on.aol.com...

The same thing was said in Ferguson... and it turned out to be not true.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Two roadblocks, the first one stopped Ammon Bundy and others, Finicum did not stop, until he hit the second one and swerved into the snow bank. And the phrase "barreled through it," has been used in multiple articles on it 

Did you watch the video?
Finicum was stopped for quite a while. It was a traffice stop. Finicum stopped when the police came up behind him with their lights on.
According to an eyewitness that was in the Finicum vehicle, the police began shooting at them and that is when Finicum left the scene, only to find the roadblock awaiting him further up the road.

It would be enlightening if we could hear some of the chatter on the the police radios..... and maybe a little audio from the scene when Finicum was shot.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Who is "us"?

Us, the people who wanna hear the sound maybe? This case seems to be closed for everybody else and I bet we'll never hear the sound.
They probably don't wanna spark a violent uprising and without they could claim he was reaching for a gun, not for a gunshot wound.

Kinda funny in a very orwellian way.

Aerial surveillance drones with high quality optical components do not include "super" microphones.

If they included a microphone all you would hear is the sound of wind over a mic at that altitude.

"derp, derp, derp, this is 4 Niner ZDF, our line of sight to the objective is obscured by a treeline, you are good to go .. make that shot"

"derp, derp, derp, roger that 4 niner ZDF" (makes fake static sound and hissing)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer
on.aol.com...

The same thing was said in Ferguson... and it turned out to be not true.

Yes, I remember the Micheal Brown incident. I remember the autopsy report indicating he had been charging at the police when he was shot, as opposed to running away as was reported.

In this situation though, we actually have an aerial video - and it shows, what appears to be, LaVoy, walking through about 3-4 feet of snow with his arms in the air. he then gets shot by the Officer in the lower right of the screen, and reaches to where he was shot.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
It did appear to me that he was surrendering and got shot and only then reached in.

Of course the video is inconclusive.

It's still weird. Why did only he leave the vehicle? Did he plan a shootout but wanted to get the others in the vehicle away from the lines of fire and only then started to shoot, if indeed he did reach for his gun first?

Either it was murder by the feds or he wanted death by cop. The way he left the vehicle suggest death by cop, but if only we had sound so that we would know who shot first.

I think it had a lot to do with them shooting at him at the actual vehicle stop, he sped away to preserve his own life. when there was no way out, he exited the vehicle so he could clearly show he was not a threat.

This was a hit, it was not an arrest.
edit on 29-1-2016 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join