It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Release full unedited video of Finicum shooting

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Sadly, what is going on here is that those who were in favor of this occupation/trespassing excused as protest as well as the "usual suspects" pandering extreme anti-government rhetoric have decided their position in advance.

As we can see some here saying we need to "wait for more information" about this "execution by murderous government thugs ... "

Irony.

Utterly painful and despairing to see people's lives lost and in danger of being lost.
edit on 29-1-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: jimmyx
this is exactly what those guys up there wanted...a shootout....frankly, the only sympathy I have is for their families.

And what people really wanted was a redress of grievences and an investigation into the BLM.

BLM?...that land wasn't run by the BLM, it was a wildlife refuge run by the National Park Service....and you don't get a "redress of grievances and a investigation" by threatening to shoot people....the Hammonds had been convicted of arson and sentenced to 5 years in prison....and even then.....the did not want to be anyway associated with the "Bundy group" that came up to Oregon....remember, they burned 130 acres of a wildlife refuge, the only concern the Hammonds had was for their cattle, not any of the other species of native animals or of the species habitat.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: dreamingawake

Yep he was definitely reaching for something but if you watch his body he's either terrified or struggling to find a footing or both so I don't think he really knows himself what he's doing at that moment. FBI confirmed he had a 9mm on him but would not confirm or deny that he was reaching for it

they may have said shoot the *&%$!
I would go for a gun to...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha
Me too but I highly doubt that happened. One witness said he was telling the LEOs to shoot him and basically they did. The reason the FBI won't confirm or deny that he was reaching for his 9mm is obvious.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD

Who is "us"?

Us, the people who wanna hear the sound maybe? This case seems to be closed for everybody else and I bet we'll never hear the sound.
They probably don't wanna spark a violent uprising and without they could claim he was reaching for a gun, not for a gunshot wound.

Kinda funny in a very orwellian way.

Aerial surveillance drones with high quality optical components do not include "super" microphones.

If they included a microphone all you would hear is the sound of wind over a mic at that altitude.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: jimmyx
this is exactly what those guys up there wanted...a shootout....frankly, the only sympathy I have is for their families.

And what people really wanted was a redress of grievences and an investigation into the BLM.

Yes...and ISIS just wants to talk to you about religion.

The minute "redress" is sought via the armed seizure and occupation of federal land and buildings...I stop caring abuot what their "grievances" are..

Guns are not the answer in a democracy when the courts and the people disagree with your issue.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Aerial surveillance drones with high quality optical components do not include "super" microphones.

ummm, we know that. it's already been discussed on an earlier page. we are talking about the possibility that there were other cameras with mics on the ground

edit on 1/29/2016 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: added quote

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

You wanna imply the LEO's didn't have body cams and audio files from this incident at hand? I'll doubt that.

Why not leaving us with a windy soundfile instead of editing it out of an 'unedited' vid? Transparency is something entirely different, we may agree on that at least.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

this is exactly what those guys up there wanted...a shootout

Which guys? And how do you know?
That's actually a pretty ridiculous statement if you have been following this whole thing.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Way to dehumanize the situation and support the hand that slaps us.
a reply to: ReadLeader

(post by PharoahSpiderMan removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Close up version for you all

Shows the time Lavoy exits the vehicle and fumbles around in the snow, zoomed in and then slowed down as well.

I don't think anybody can deny looking from this that he is reaching for something, still doesn't solve any speculation on how many shots fire and when shots were fired though. We really need audio
edit on 29/1/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Well, I finally watched LaVoy's last interview. The first thing that I noticed is the holster for his 9mm. On his left and under his arm. The obvious question here is: Why would his gun be in a pocket? I'll be taking bets that it wasn't in a pocket and that it was right under his left arm in it's holster where any responsible person would keep it. If that was the case then why was he reaching for his waist in the video? The second thing I noticed is his demeanor. Calm, rational and to the point.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
He publicly stated he was going to shoot it out with the police, then used his car as a weapon to barrel through two police roadblocks - that alone can get you shot by police. The way he keeps raising then lowering his hands, vacillating between going for his gun or surrendering, shows him to be a duplicitous S.O.B. who was faking surrendering hoping to get the drop on the one cop, not realizing another one was in the woods behind him.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech
Thanks for the vid. It does appear he was reaching for his weapon there at the very end. It doesn't though when he first lowers his hands and turns toward the truck to gesture at them.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I'll be taking bets that it wasn't in a pocket and that it was right under his left arm in it's holster where any responsible person would keep it.

"where any responsible person would keep it." You just answered your own question - this was not a responsible person, and knowing his desire to shoot it out with police, we can reasonably assume he placed his gun in a more accessible position.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Wouldn't you think (just generally speaking here) a gun owner in this situation would have had the pistol out and beside him and stuck it in his waistband when leaving the truck?

I am not saying this is what happened ... but ... doesn't that "make sense" when one is in a "dangerous situation"?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

knowing his desire to shoot it out with police
He desired it? Really? I mean, I expected the "responsible person" comments but I believe his position on it was that it was preferable to living in a cage. Not that he wanted it. sheesh.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

If you are addressing my comment in the post the answer is no and no.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

He publicly stated on the radio (Santilli) that he wanted to shoot it out with police and would never be taken. When you are involved in an armed standoff with police and say something like that on record, with the police listening, then it is a safe assumption it will play a factor in how the police handle you. When we see Finicum reaching into his coat, what do you think he was doing? His own comments and demeanor indicate he was going for a gun.

TBH I think the police in this case bent over backwards to diffuse this.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join