It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Release full unedited video of Finicum shooting

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
He may have gotten out so fast because they had been shot at and he was trying to protect the women in the truck.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

of course it's speculation

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Watch the end of the video where his associate exits the truck, hands clearly raised, throws his sidearm to the ground and walks slowly toward officers..

This is not in any way what we saw in the first encounter with Lavoy. He presented himself as a threat.
edit on 1/29/2016 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: butcherguy

If I was a cop and saw a truck coming at the roadblock and swerve to avoid the roadblock, I would NOT make a running dash to leap in front of the vehicle's path. But that one cop did. Looked pretty stupid to me.

If you watch the video carefully...it appeared at first that LaVoy was going to ram the roadblock and specifically broadside the car that cop was standing behind. That Cop dove out of the way toward the snow-bank the same time LaVoy swerved and they both went the same direction.

I watched if carefully and repeatedly.
The cop made a determined effort to get in front of the vehicle.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Lots to unpack here...

The second video stabilized and zoomed in? It fast forwards through the first time LaVoy reached for his pocket while still semi-stumbling in the snow to his final footing position.

The passenger (18 year old girl) in the car recounted via audio that Roy was shouting something to the effect "just shoot me!"

He knew enough to have his hands well raised as he began to walk in the deep snow...

He knew enough to know exactly what was going to happen next when he quickly went for the gun in his pocket.

If I had to guess...he moved the gun to his lap when they got pulled over, or moved it there while speeding away. Easier access while sitting or driving in a bad situation. It wasn't buttoned in his holster...why would it be at a time like that.

He stuffed it in his pocket when he jumped out of the vehicle...

To his credit, he didn't want to have a firefight from the truck with the women in the car...

His aim was to get clear of the truck...arms raised...then suicide by cop...go for the gun.

Ugly, sad, tragic...but nothing mysterious about that video IMO.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

If I was a cop and saw a truck coming at the roadblock and swerve to avoid the roadblock, I would NOT make a running dash to leap in front of the vehicle's path. But that one cop did. Looked pretty stupid to me.

If you watch the video carefully...it appeared at first that LaVoy was going to ram the roadblock and specifically broadside the car that cop was standing behind. That Cop dove out of the way toward the snow-bank the same time LaVoy swerved and they both went the same direction.

Uhh...OK...Perhaps suggest that the Oregon PD line that Officer up for a Psyche evaluation? Cuz what? He has lightening fast reflexes as well as suicidal impulses?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Uhh...OK...Perhaps suggest that the Oregon PD line that Officer up for a Psyche evaluation? Cuz what? He has lightening fast reflexes as well as suicidal impulses?

You should get on a site like CopBlock, you will get to see a lot of videos.
Including videos of cops stepping in front of moving cars, then the driver gets charged with attempted murder of a police officer.... if the cop doesn't shoot and kill them first.

By the way, what is the condition of that 'suicidal' police officer that dove in front of the truck? Is he dead?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: OveRcuRrEnteD
a reply to: Discotech

Somebody on the patriot network made the suggestion that Lavoy was reaching for his copy of the constitution he carries in his pocket.

I really don't think the man was that stupid.
If I'm open carrying, I would holster on my right hip as LF did. I have no conceal carry permit so I never have carried concealed. I'm just saying that I think most right handed people would carry concealed on their left.

No ...LaVoy was a little lost, but anything but stupid.

And if you were "open carrying"...You would leave the gun in the car whilst surrendering after fleeing police and almost ramming a roadblock.

The fact he stuffed his 9mm into his pocket before exiting to confront the police? when surrendering with your hands in the air would not require a gun...?

He needed to give the police a solid reason to make sure he would not spend a single night in a "Concrete Box" as he had previously and repeatedly declared.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka
Watch the end of the video where his associate exits the truck, hands clearly raised, throws his sidearm to the ground and walks slowly toward officers..

This is not in any way what we saw in the first encounter with Lavoy. He presented himself as a threat.

Actually it is in a way what we saw: exits the truck, hands clearly raised, walks toward officer
Never saw a sidearm nor did he seem like a threat until his back was to the camera. that's 3 out of 4 though...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Uh...OK...Your claim is that the cop threw himself in front of a speeding pick-up truck in hopes of being struck, so that he would get the opportunity (if by some chance he didn't die or was run-over) to shoot the occupant with just cause?

Wow...dem evil cops really wanna shoot some folks! There even willing to get run over by a truck for the opportunity?

How does that work if he...I don't know...got trapped beneath the truck?

Do the other officers hold the perp until emergency crews can free the pinned officer...then the officer gets first chance to shoot the perp?

No offense, but some of the god awful stupid thinking around here sometimes......

edit on 29-1-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Cuz what? He has lightening fast reflexes as well as suicidal impulses?

Hero complex apparently. He jumped out drawing his gun. Are we watching the same vid?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

No offense, but some of the god awful stupid thinking around here sometimes......

I am pretty sure that the only intention of this was to offend, because you didn't have to say it.
Yours isn't the first post in this thread like that, but it will stand, because the great overlord has sides to take.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

you said it...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Your claim is that the cop threw himself in front of a speeding pick-up truck

I do not know hat the speed limit is on that stretch of road, nor do I know exactly how fast the truck was traveling.
But you must, as you note that it was speeding.
What is the posted speed limit at that location, and how fast was the truck traveling?
Thanks.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

originally posted by: daaskapital

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
a reply to: Phage

pfft. Don't defend me. Defend the fricken truth. And no one has the truth yet. Except the dead guy and the murdering scum.

Let me get this straight. 'No one has the truth yet', but you still call them 'murdering scum'?

You people just can't see this objectively.

They fled one traffic stop and tried to get around another.

They (almost) hit a cop while trying to avoid the second traffic stop.

The driver exits the vehicle, stumbles around a bit, and keeps moving his hands from the air to his waist.

After a couple of hand movements, the driver reaches again to his waist where he is then shot by Police.

I think the video shows quite clearly that the driver was in the wrong. The police had reason to believe that the suspects were armed and dangerous, and it's the driver's fault for stumbling around while moving his arms near his waist. He wouldn't be dead if he had remained in his car or laid on the snow instead of doing what he did.

1) The officer jumped towards the vehicle when it swerved around the road block

That's beside the point. The driver was acting dangerously regardless of the police officer jumping out from behind the blockade.

2) There is no way to know when shots were first fired without audio or enough clarity in the video to see muzzle flashes or actions on weapons moving

Right, but we know the driver moves his hands to his waist multiple times before he collapses. One can assume he was shot after he done that a couple of times.

3) You just did what you criticized others of doing, stating things as if they were fact when you can't know without additional information.

Well, i'm not inferring much more than what the video shows, and i'm not making 100% conclusions of the footage - like others.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Your claim is that the cop threw himself in front of a speeding pick-up truck

I do not know hat the speed limit is on that stretch of road, nor do I know exactly how fast the truck was traveling.
But you must, as you note that it was speeding.
What is the posted speed limit at that location, and how fast was the truck traveling?
Thanks.

The speed limit for fleeing felons approaching a roadblock is Zero.

Seeing as LaVoy's intent was to plow through the snow and go around the roadblock...and perhaps not slow down to chat or be shot at or anything...and well, just watching the video where the vehicles speed doesn't decrease until being stopped by the snowbank...yah...I qualify that as a "speeding vehicle"...

Let me know when we can have a discussion that starts with reality...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

One can assume he was shot after he done that a couple of times.

So... it takes a couple times going for your waist before they shoot. check.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The speed limit for fleeing felons approaching a roadblock is Zero.

Not for a felon.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Let me know when we can have a discussion that starts with reality...

let me know when you want to be civil.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OveRcuRrEnteD

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

Actually it is in a way what we saw: exits the truck, hands clearly raised, walks toward officer
Never saw a sidearm nor did he seem like a threat until his back was to the camera. that's 3 out of 4 though...

His hands dropped down multiple times, he clearly presented himself as a threat.. You will see what your precognitive bias tells you to see. For the rest of us, what happened is quite apparent.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join