It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Release full unedited video of Finicum shooting

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Thanks for the sharper video of the execution a reply to: nataylor

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I don't blame the man for trying to defend himself from state backed murderers. Things are getting out of control quick. even here in this small town 3000 miles away.

The people taste blood and they have been starved for too long. My family has been put in danger. I will defend them. Get the message out.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Balans
Apart from the obvious that it's still hard to tell without any audio or ground footage, I'd like to know what happened to shooting legs and arms before going gung-ho for the killshot. I have weapon experience myself being ex-military, I know how hard it is to aim with a hand-weapon. I also know how easy it is with a tactical weapon especially from that short distance, and they did have plenty of those, even with laser-pointers. Why did they shoot to kill?

Modern law enforcement training.

They are trained that if, they have to fire their weapon, it is to destroy, not disable..

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

So. In short, the criminals ran road block A.

roadblocks/checkpoints are illegal in oregon?

show me how the guys wound-up in a snowbank- (50 miles from protest site) that the whole contact thing was forced to occur?

ambush is the bottom line, video should start preceding initial contact- if integrity is to be utilized?

i'll view the vid now...

the video shows me an ambush 50 miles away from protest site.
edit on (1/29/1616 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: Balans
Apart from the obvious that it's still hard to tell without any audio or ground footage, I'd like to know what happened to shooting legs and arms before going gung-ho for the killshot. I have weapon experience myself being ex-military, I know how hard it is to aim with a hand-weapon. I also know how easy it is with a tactical weapon especially from that short distance, and they did have plenty of those, even with laser-pointers. Why did they shoot to kill?

Modern law enforcement training.

They are trained that if, they have to fire their weapon, it is to destroy, not disable..

Sadly, that was exactly the point I was making.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka
Yea noone on Earth is trained to shoot at limbs, I can only surmise the people who bring up such a concept is simply not exposed to firearms much, or trained in their use. Which explains why he reacted to being hit somewhere in the torso when fired upon with his hands in the air.

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
Repost:

Well there are plenty of video to prove he was reacting to being shot. For instance in this one, this poor bastard is shot in the gut at the 54 second mark, by a jackass wielding what appears to me to be a tec9. It predictably has either an FTF/FTE after the first shot, because lets be honest its a #ty gun used by street thugs that dont know any better because it looks cool in movies.

Considering his hands were up until that point, I would say it make sense. They continued to shoot him when he dropped his hands and used this to say that is when they chose to shoot. The officer was already in the woods ready to fire.

The "Freedom fighting/Moderate Rebel" does the same in this video when troops hit him.

It happens instantly, and you do it without thinking.

originally posted by: nataylor
Here's a stabilized/sharpened version of the shooting I made. It runs at 50% speed:

This man was shot with his hands in the air, he dropped them in reaction to being shot. Everyone here would instinctively do the same after being shot with your hands in the air. The only people that would not do this are individuasl who suffer paralysis, double arm amputees, and/or possibly someone high on PCP.
edit on 29-1-2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Another thing I thought was weird was that Lavoy was reaching to his left side with his right hand

Not so weird if he was carrying inside his coat whether holstered or in a pocket. I think almost all right-handed people would carry on the left side. Someone who might want an illegitimate shooting to appear legit would know this as well and know where to shoot to make it seem like he is going for a gun. I saw no red dot on him at that point(I would expect it would be hard to see on dark clothing though), so if he was shot just before his hands went down it would have been from the LEO closest at stage right and on target lower left torso. To take it a step further, it's possible he was shot again as he tried to put his hands back up and a third time when he turned away. All hypothetical of course...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD

Somebody on the patriot network made the suggestion that Lavoy was reaching for his copy of the constitution he carries in his pocket.

They also said he carries his weapon on his right side, not the left, which also ties in what a member said earlier that most right handed people carry their holstered weapons on their right side because it's bad form to draw from the left or something

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Everything I've read has said that the 9mm pistol was in the pocket he was reaching for. So unless you can prove with the video released that wasn't the case, I'd side with the official account. I've seen pictures of him with the weapon holstered on his right hip, but that doesn't mean the gun was there when this event went down.
edit on 29-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Somebody on the patriot network made the suggestion that Lavoy was reaching for his copy of the constitution he carries in his pocket.

I really don't think the man was that stupid.
If I'm open carrying, I would holster on my right hip as LF did. I have no conceal carry permit so I never have carried concealed. I'm just saying that I think most right handed people would carry concealed on their left.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

If I was a cop and saw a truck coming at the roadblock and swerve to avoid the roadblock, I would NOT make a running dash to leap in front of the vehicle's path. But that one cop did. Looked pretty stupid to me.

If you watch the video carefully...it appeared at first that LaVoy was going to ram the roadblock and specifically broadside the car that cop was standing behind. That Cop dove out of the way toward the snow-bank the same time LaVoy swerved and they both went the same direction.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Everything I've read has said that the 9mm pistol was in the pocket he was reaching for.

Exactly which pocket was that? I didn't see his hand make it inside the jacket until he was turning away from the camera.

I've seen pictures of him with the weapon holstered on his right hip

He obviously wasn't carrying the revolver in the video and if he was I think this would have gone down alot differently.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nataylor

At 14 seconds you can see the gun and holster as Finicum unsnaps the holster... as well as his weapon dangling to his side. Usually, as in all of the photos, Finicum has his holster on the opposite side. For reason only known to him, the holster was on his left side instead of right..

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This looks like suicide by cop.

I saw this man on MSNBC, clearly mentally deranged hiding under a blanket saying that if someone points a gun at he'd he’d defend himself.

He jumped out of the car so quickly and didn’t see the guy behind him with apparently a long rifle and decided to have a draw with the other policemen and went for his gun to shot it out but the officer from behind shot him.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

That Cop dove out of the way toward the snow-bank

That's not what I saw. I saw the cop jump out from behind the truck while drawing his gun directly at the front of LF's truck until the wave of snow knocked him down.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: OveRcuRrEnteD
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Exactly which pocket was that? I didn't see his hand make it inside the jacket until he was turning away from the camera.

What I've been reading is that it was in his left pocket.

He obviously wasn't carrying the revolver in the video and if he was I think this would have gone down alot differently.

Yea, that's what I'm getting at. Using the picture of his holstered weapon to determine if he was really reaching for a gun in the video is disingenuous.
edit on 29-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Of course this could be phony. Remember it’s the FBI that hid all the 911 tapes of the pentagon attack and only showed a clear fraudulent one to the public.

We'll never know.

The only thing is that the guy got out so fast, how do we know the truck wasn't being shot at or had been shot at?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: sublik

At 14 seconds you can see the gun and holster as Finicum unsnaps the holster... as well as his weapon dangling to his side.

I just watched the 14 second mark 3 more times (Ugh) and I don't see it.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I've watched this footage full screen on max settings several times and I don't know how anyone knows for sure what we are looking at. It's all speculation based on the given blurry footage.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join