It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Release full unedited video of Finicum shooting

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
He did reach for his weapon, AFTER they shot him while his hands were up.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Isn't it amazing how different left wingers are reacting to this, compared to the whole Michael Brown thing? Here we actually have video of the guy with his hands up, but hes a "white terrorist", so they gotta prove how not racist they are by taking a completely contradictory potion.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Michael Brown robs a store on camera, then gets in to a conflict with a cop and is shot. The media and left wing instantly take the side of MB and claim he had his hands up, even with no evidence. When evidence is show that he didn't have his hands up, they continue the myth anyway. Here we have video of a guy with his hands up being shot and killed, but the left and media take a completely contradictory position PURELY because the guy is a white and rural.

You see in their minds cheering on this guy's death despite the facts his hands were up proves how not racist and "down for the struggle" they are. It's all crazy mental gymnastics.
edit on 29-1-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

The reason the police didn't raid the compound is from day 1 the Bundy boys threatened violence if they were raided.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Isn't it amazing how different left wingers are reacting to this, compared to the whole Michael Brown thing? Here we actually have video of the guy with his hands up, but hes a "white terrorist", so they gotta prove how not racist they are by taking a completely contradictory potion.

I don;t know what video you guys are watching, but he clearly DID NOT have his hands up?! How the hell can you manufacture this in your own mind and actually present it when the rest of the world can see exactly what happened here? Do you genuinely think that if you repeat a lie enough people will start to believe it?

And as for this being compared... Michael Brown was not a terrorist, he had not spent a month with his armed buddies occupying a federal building, threatening to kill people, using kids as Human shields, saying repeatedly that he would not be taken alive.

The fact that people dare to make such a ridiculously insane comparison says a lot about how desperate they are to make Finicum look like a victim in all of this.

It's sad that anyone had to die, but these men and women are NOT innocent kids being murdered by out of control trigger happy cops. These are people who armed themselves, threatened to murder for a political cause (terrorism), had plenty of opportunity to stop, and instead continued with their mentally defective ways until the officers involved had no choice but to defend themselves.

The only person to blame for the death of Finicum, is Finicum, and no amount of propaganda is going to change that fact.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
There is apparently 3 different interpretations of this video;

1. LaVoy had his hands in the air, got shot, then possibly reached for a weapon.
2. LaVoy had his hands in the air, staggered in the deep snow, then possibly reached for a weapon.
3. Lavoy had his hands in the air, staggered in the deep snow and didn't reach for anything.

After watching the video 2 things become clear as day;

1. LaVoy did not charge at officers like some "eye witness accounts" have claimed.
2. The FED's fired on the convey preemptively, and were the only ones to fire their weapons. Could a retaliatory attack in this situation be considered self-defense?
edit on 29-1-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Well said, but are you surprised that people are trying to deny the obvious? I expected it front and center. This is why I don't take conspiracy theory seriously anymore. It's not so much question everything, but deny everything.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'm really reluctant to join this discussion but wth, here goes...
Like Phage I've watched the video more times than I care to. In doing so I've noticed a few things that corroborate the 18 year old girls statement. At 2:06 in the edited video, it appears that there is something hanging out the passenger window of the truck. At 2:08 it quickly retreats back into the truck. This seems to indicate that what the girl said about being shot at when first pulled over is true. At 2:26 it appears there is something sticking out of the driver side of the truck but the view is obstructed by a tree seconds later. This means the window was open and makes the possibility that the driver was talking to the LEOs as the girl said very probable. At 5:49 the LEO who jumped from behind the black truck appears to have his weapon drawn and pointed at the suspects. Is he shooting? I believe he is the same one who circled around to the other side. At 5:59 LF still has his hands up. At 6:01 they come down and he seems to be going under his coat but his hands go back up. His body language at this point seems to be surprise/retreat and then defensive. At 6:03 is the first time LF reaches under his coat while the LEO stage right has him dead in his sights. Did the LEO shoot? According to the girl, he did. At 6:04 LF appears to quickly gesture toward the truck saying "stay there" or "don't do anything". At 6:05 LF has his back to the camera and is reaching under his coat again while the LEO stage left is approaching him. At 6:06 he is shot and at 6:07 he is down. At 6:13 LF's hand goes up in the air and quickly falls as if shot again. The flashbangs are obvious but it is very hard to tell if the LEOs are firing at the truck until the second one goes off on the drivers side at 6:45. At 6:46 there is a puff of snow near the front passenger window and again at 6:55. My gut is telling me the girls testimony is the closest we're going to get to the truth until audio is released(if there is any).

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
According to an eyewitness on the receiving end, the shooting started at the traffic stop.

If I was stopped by cops and they started shooting at me without provocation, I would run too.

If I was running from cops that had been shooting at me without provocation and came upon a roadblock with cops aiming weapons at me, I would have tried to go around the roadblock.

If I was a cop and saw a truck coming at the roadblock and swerve to avoid the roadblock, I would NOT make a running dash to leap in front of the vehicle's path. But that one cop did. Looked pretty stupid to me.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD

I noticed that a lot of the girls testimony seemed to be reflected in the video as well. Although maybe inflated and exaggerated.

Another thing I thought was weird was that Lavoy was reaching to his left side with his right hand, so I looked up pictures to see which side/how he holsters:

Perhaps they were asking him to throw down his weapon and he was attempting to unbuckle the holster? Or maybe he holsters inside his jacket too. Or maybe he was shot.

Either way, nothing can really be proven without audio. But the girls testimony is the most accurate evidence we have until then.

edit on 29-1-2016 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Here's a stabilized/sharpened version of the shooting I made. It runs at 50% speed:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager
The conjecture seems to be that he was concealed carrying a 9mm and that he was attempting to get his gun out of an inside pocket but it was stuck or snagged. I didn't see anything like that until his back was to the camera seconds before the fatal shot and even if he was I believe it was defensive at that point.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: nataylor

Nicely done on the video. At the start of 12 seconds you can faintly make out the muzzle flash by the guy at the lower right that's moving in on Lavoy before he even puts his hands down. The other guy (that was nearly hit by the truck) runs to take cover immediately after, you can see Lavoy reacting to the sound also.

edit on 29-1-2016 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Seeing, just by the nature of the video presented, as there's different takes from different people on the whole thing, I'll chime in too.

Apart from the obvious that it's still hard to tell without any audio or ground footage, I'd like to know what happened to shooting legs and arms before going gung-ho for the killshot. I have weapon experience myself being ex-military, I know how hard it is to aim with a hand-weapon. I also know how easy it is with a tactical weapon especially from that short distance, and they did have plenty of those, even with laser-pointers. Why did they shoot to kill?

My opinion, for now, is that the testimony of the girl comes closest to what actually happened, LF sure as hell wasn't "charging" at them..
Wether LF was reaching for a gun, nobody can tell from this video. For all we know he could've been reaching for his phone to start videotaping. Or it could've been his gun, we'll probably never know if this is all the FBI gives us.

I'm still unsure if there were shots fired the first time they got stopped and drove off, some light-flashes may suggest so, then again, that could just be light adjusting on the camera's behalf.
After LF gets shot there are some indications of shots being fired on the car along with the flashbangs but again one can't be sure. The puffs of snow/smoke might even suggest someone in the car firing back, although I do not think this to be the case as nobody has mentioned anything of the likes.

All in all, a man died that shouldn't have died. Twist and turn it the way you want, this could have been easily avoided by the authorities. Personally I blame the sheriff for having no spine whatsoever, he knew what he was subjecting them to when he ok'd this ambush. (if he was indeed the authority with the power to ok this)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: nataylor
Thanks for that vid. I noticed something else in your stabilized vid: at 0:17 as he reaches to his left he seems to flinch or hunch over slightly. these motions do not seem to indicate he was reaching for a weapon at that time but that he was reacting to something.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
According to an eyewitness on the receiving end, the shooting started at the traffic stop.

If I was stopped by cops and they started shooting at me without provocation, I would run too.

If I was running from cops that had been shooting at me without provocation and came upon a roadblock with cops aiming weapons at me, I would have tried to go around the roadblock.

If I was a cop and saw a truck coming at the roadblock and swerve to avoid the roadblock, I would NOT make a running dash to leap in front of the vehicle's path. But that one cop did. Looked pretty stupid to me.

I think it is pretty obvious that they were fired upon during the first stop - I posted this a couple pages back, but nobody really seemed to notice. It just takes a little bit of simple reasoning:

- Ryan Payne was wounded in the incident - I don't think this has been disputed by anyone.

According to local government officials, Ryan Payne suffered multiple gunshot wounds and was taken to the Burns hospital.

- Ryan Payne left the vehicle during the first stop of the vehicle (As reported in the news AND by eyewitness Victoria Sharp)
= Therefore shots were fired at the truck during the first stop, either while Payne was still in the truck, while exiting, or after exiting.
- This is likely what prompted Lavoy to take off down the road... I would probably have done the same.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

That`s what I see also, his back was towards the camera when he was shot. we can`t see his hands so we don`t know what he was doing.
The guy on the upper left could see what he was doing though but I don`t think he was the one that fired the shot,he was struggling trying to run through that knee deep snow,there`s no way he would be able to aim accurately the way he was stumbling through that snow.
My guess is that the guy in the upper left saw the gun, yelled "Gun" and somebody else took the shot.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

That`s what I see also, his back was towards the camera when he was shot. we can`t see his hands so we don`t know what he was doing.
The guy on the upper left could see what he was doing though but I don`t think he was the one that fired the shot,he was struggling trying to run through that knee deep snow,there`s no way he would be able to aim accurately the way he was stumbling through that snow.
My guess is that the guy in the upper left saw the gun, yelled "Gun" and somebody else took the shot.

I thought the gun was found in his pocket.
How could anyone see it?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:40 AM

link quote reply

a reply to: TrueAmerican

And no one has the truth yet.

No one on ATS.

edit on 1/29/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Including Phage

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
I agree. I don't think anyone on scene ever saw a gun brandished by any of the suspects. Even in those milliseconds before LF went down. The more I watch this and the more I think about it, the more I am of the opinion that LF was premeditatedly gunned down in cold blood. Yes he was reckless and made some very bad decisions, but at the same time from what I have read about the man's character he didn't want to see anyone innocent get hurt. It really does look to me like he was shot more than once while his hands were up and then as he tried to flee he motioned to the people in the truck to stand down while he attempted to defend himself. It was too late by then as he was flanked and shot point blank.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join