It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump absence in Fox debate, a sad and grave mistake he will repent later so much.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light,
Dear Readers,

Tonight we have another version of the Fox debate among the Republican candidates, in Des Moines, and the great absent of it is the favorite in the polls, Mr Donald Trump.

Of course there are many different opinions from the analysts about the consequences for him and for the other candidates about this unexpected decision.

Please check:

www.usnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

www.msn.com...

My forecast is that the polls are going to reflect a drastic change in the trends we have seen along the last months, this deflection of the popular support to the candidates will show that what Trump believes is a good strategy to capture the attention of the public is going to work against him as a formidable boomerang.

His absence projects an image of arrogance, as well as excess of triumphalism that is not going to be welcome by the people. A candidate that is not in position to attend political compromises of this importance, being so much in a hurry to want the election being decided today is the one that is visibly not prepared to run a long race for the white house, he is sending tonight a message of weakness, instead of power.

At this point of the campaign to let it pass an opportunity to debate ideas and show propositions is a grave one that can change dramatically the numbers in polls. The voters need to contrast the different projects of future and many brilliant ideas are going to be discussed tonight in which Trump will not have any way to show us his approach.

His silence will not defend him efficiently toward the myriad of attacks that he will receive, since his attitude is immature and not professional at all, a potential president must listen to the public, must be always well prepare to be interrogated and to speak properly to the media, not turn his back to it at the first opportunity, to hide his head in a pit opened in the soil as an ostrich.

Thanks for your attention,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 1/28/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I think the expression "be silent and let everyone think you a fool, rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt" comes to mind with Trump. Of course that ship sailed long ago.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

No it won't, his numbers will be fine.

He could shoot someone while punching a baby and kicking a puppy and he would be fine it seems. All he has to do is come out and talk about how he was mistreated by the person baby and puppy because they are all part of the MSM out to get him.

He doesn't debate his ideas when he is there, he just talks about how he is going to make things happen.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Might be more people watching the Trump Vet rally right now than watching the boring debate.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm watching the debate, and Ted Cruz is funny. He said "I'm an idiot. Ben Carson is a terrible surgeon, and everybody else on this stage is fat and ugly. Now that we've got the Trump remarks out of the way, let's continue".

It was cute.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I think rational minds would think along the same line. However, Trump supporters are not rational. The Donald can do no wrong in their eyes. I personally think it's a huge red flag and shows he can't take the heat when he's being criticized or questioned. To ignore it and try to say it's a great campaign maneuver and it shows leadership, is ignoring the 800 lb gorilla in the room.

What I find kind or crazy is how an evangelical leader like Jerry Falwell has endorsed Donald Trump. Doesn't the name calling, bullying and the downgrading of women go against what he preaches? Even Mike Huckabee a Christian minister says he likes the Donald. I would think endorsing someone like that is really going against Falwell's and Huckabee's Christian values.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
He could shoot someone while punching a baby and kicking a puppy and he would be fine it seems.

Listen. That baby was strictly third rate. The person he shot - who is now bleeding from her wherever - it was in self defense. They were taking advantage of him. And sleepy eyes puppy was low energy and a loser. Anyway, it doesn't matter really. That puppy had a lot of problems. Do you want a president who will let these animals and babies continue to take our jobs and walk all over us? Or do you want a strong leader who knows what to do?

Peace.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
A debate without Trump is about as fun as watching the Browns vs the Jaguars on Monday Night Football. Who wants to watch 2 hours of "who finishes second"? I'd rather watch a Ishtar and Waterworld marathon.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Trump's presence or absence from this debate is irrelevant. The debate doesn't matter in the least. Enjoy it as theater, cheaper than a movie. I'd rather see "The Martian" again myself.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
He will probably go up in the polls.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I watched "Secrets of the Dead - Ultimate Tutankhamen" on PBS.

Infinitely more intelligent fare. Enjoyed the hell out of myself.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Actually, Trump probably put himself over the finish line tonight.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I think you just don't understand him. You don't see with "seeing eyes" and "hearing ears". You are a false prophet...lol! You are focusing on a facade you have made up...one you want desperately to be true... rather than what is beneath and behind this man. He didn't need to attend yet another farce of a debate. Let the rest of the candidates have that time. $6M dollars were raised today for veteran's causes because of Donald Trump. I predict his numbers will go up up up.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Nobody cares. This is the 6th debate a couple days out from the caucus. He did everyone a favor, there was no reason to watch a 2 hour snooze fest without him and Fox news got burned.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

The 6 M dollars for the veterans is just a cover up, the truth is that he had a terrible disagreement with the people of Fox and he decided to evade them using that event for his own convenience, not because he had any interest on the veterans at all.

I am happy that the veterans could use him, as well as the other two candidates that decided to quit today since their performances are so poor in the polls that only a miracle can change their chances to advance, Huckabee and Sanctorum are absolutely lost in the tail of the competition for the nomination.

I am also glad that America can confirm tonight with that Veterans event that Trump was not ill, he was not seriously sick or short of time for something that can prevent him to attend the real debate, so he had no valid excuse to do this.

Trump is certainly losing momentum with this action, he can't expect that a nation will surrender to his entertainer jokes to elect him as a President to later see him abandoning important State appointments to attend social meetings with his friends only God knows where.

He does not realize that the Presidence is a Job, is not a Throne, the person in that position must report many of his actions to the congress and must obey political protocols if he wants to be taken seriously.

The job he is pursuing is a very serious business and in order to have a minimal acceptable performance on it the elected one must be a person able to create consensus, must be a great communicator, not a person that a the first moment disagree with the media and only accept to attend shows where he is the star of the night.

To change a public debate for a private event in which he knows no body is going to ask a really difficult or deep questions about economy, civil rights, social security, health sector, security, or any other critical political issue for the simple reason that he is the Vedette of the Show, is the behavior of an entertainer not of a genuine political leader.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Actually, Trump probably put himself over the finish line tonight.

uh, it's a marathon not a sprint. A lot can happen between now and November.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
What's going to hurt him long term coming out of this is the boorish, brutally sexist attacks on Megyn Kelly by him and his twitter mob. It confirms everything she asked him about at the debate. There is a huge demographic of working women across party lines who are going to be offended by this.

Anything could happen, of course, but one outcome in Iowa is that he doesn't perform up to these poll numbers and there is a surprise showing from another candidate with a good ground game.

These Iowa polls are often wrong.
edit on 28-1-2016 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
IMO Trump won the "debate" by giving the finger to Fox and hosting this veterans event.

I guarantee he earned more points with the anti-establishment crowd.
edit on 29-1-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
IMO Trump won the "debate" by hosting this veterans event.

That's because you're willing to dismiss anything he does. Like him you won't face reality and will continue onto more blunders as if they are victories, but they aren't.

Everyone knows that he was just throwing a tantrum and the whole veterans cover story BS was just him tying to make it seem like an honorable thing, but it wasn't. He used them to cover up his own cowardly actions. You can try and lie to yourself about what his motives were but even you know the truth of it.

His excuse that Fox news has been hostile to him isn't a valid reason. Fox news is hostile to everyone yet they don't run from them. Just look at the crap they talk about anyone and everyone they disagree with yet they don't whine about it like a child. He's a big f*cking baby and had his ego bruised and that was enough to make him run. How the hell would he ever be able to handle the real pressure of the Presidency??? He wouldn't and you know it.

Obama has taken sh*t for 8 years and it's turned him into a grey haired old man in that time but he at least faced the criticism and kept going. Trump got challenged by one journalist on one news station and folded. He talks a big game but he's got no real game.

You know it, I know it and everyone knows it even if some don't want to admit it.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
IMO Trump won the "debate" by giving the finger to Fox and hosting this veterans event.

You may be right... Fox was getting $250,000 US per 30 second commercial during the debates which had set all kinds of viewership records. He had asked Fox to donate some of the profits to veterans .. Fox said no.. Trump said you and Megan can basically do your own thing I am out of here.

Polls will be out next week and it will be interesting with his new numbers after all this drama. Trump gets on my nerves however America without jobs and better trade deals is on a slippery slope, as most believe, if you believe the polls. Pretty bad choices this election. Usually we have bad and worse... Now we have ......?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join