It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am in utter disbelief that this 'Flat-Earth' nonsense has gained some attention

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

can you point out the part were you can fly directly over? i cant find it, nor can i clink on all the links, maybe there is something wrong with my browser.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

The claim is that Antarctica itself (the continent) is the edge of the world. To think that the south pole itself is the edge of the world is pretty silly.

Hm...come to think of it, silly doesn't really phase the flatearthers.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

can you point out the part were you can fly directly over? i cant find it, nor can i clink on all the links, maybe there is something wrong with my browser.

Just contact any airline that charters jets that would be able to handle the temperature. I'm sure they'd jump at the chance.

Failing that, just search for stuff online.

You're saying you don't believe the earth is flat, but you keep wanting more and more evidence.

Search for it. It's quite simple

Here's one you can ski to the South Pole Link
edit on 294329/1/1616 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

i always thought that claim was that Antarctica enclosed the ocean around the other continents what was beyond that i was never clear on. for argument sake what if there was more enclosed continents and other oceans adjacent to ours, could explain "aliens" and lost civilizations such as Atlantis.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

No. That's the hollow Earth.
Incompatible with a flat Earth.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

why wouldn't a jet be able to handle the temp, i thought space was really cold and our technology can handle that?

i have tried to search and have been provided links its all tour based that goes in stops turns around goes back the way it came in.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

ahh got ya i don't know much about hollow earth, only that Hitler was trying to find the way in

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

why wouldn't a jet be able to handle the temp, i thought space was really cold and our technology can handle that?

i have tried to search and have been provided links its all tour based that goes in stops turns around goes back the way it came in.

Kind of a bit colder there.

And pretty much every flight is going somewhere. What you want it a flight to nowhere. That's why you would have to likely charter your own flight to do what you wanted.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

i only want evidence that we are allowed to cross completely by foot or plane, and also wonder why it has a lot of military patrolling the Antarctica. No matter what the earth is they are hiding or guarding something there
edit on 29-1-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

That's why you would have to likely charter your own flight to do what you wanted.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Antartica is colder than space?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Meaningless question.
Space has no temperature.

edit on 1/29/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
One question I would like answered by the flat earth crowd is what shape do they think the earth is?

And what exactly is going to stop all of the oceans water from running off the side?

EDIT: wait, found it I think...

The leading flat-earther theory holds that Earth is a disc with the Arctic Circle in the center and Antarctica, a 150-foot-tall wall of ice, around the rim. NASA employees, they say, guard this ice wall to prevent people from climbing over and falling off the disc.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

So we have a 150-foot-tall wall of ice at the edge of the world and nobody has taken a picture of it yet?

I always hate it when ever someone uses the "calling BS" card but DANG, that is some seriously good comedy right there...

edit on 29-1-2016 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

i only want evidence that we are allowed to cross completely by foot or plane, and also wonder why it has a lot of military patrolling the Antarctica. No matter what the earth is they are hiding or guarding something there

So phone up a airline and ask to charter a plane.

There's military in the USA. We can still go there. There's military in the UK. I live here so can obviously still be here.

The military argument if daft at best.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

so if my body was able to survive the vacuum that is space without a suit my body would just stay it normal temp? Just putting up hypothetical question as to understand.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
What do they think is on the other side of the flat earth disk???

Do they think that if you just dug a hole deep enough you'd eventually just fall out the other side???

There are so many questions I'd like to hear the answers to from them but even if they could answer them what would be the point other than simple entertainment. Because they wouldn't be of any use at all in this reality.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

It would depend. If you were shadowed, by say, a planet. Your body would radiate heat away gradually.
If you were in sunlight your side facing the Sun would get rather warm while the other side would radiate heat away, gradually.

But since it is, essentially a vacuum, space is neither hot nor cold.
edit on 1/29/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

so if my body was able to survive the vacuum that is space without a suit my body would just stay it normal temp? Just putting up hypothetical question as to understand.

Actually I think the side of you facing the sun would be roasted and the side facing away would freeze. I think that's how it works.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

the point of this conversation between has been to be provided evidence that we can cross directly and there has been no evidence provided. I saw phage posted a vid but i cant play vids right now and there was no explanation.

All im getting from you guys is tour sites and advice to call someone, i don't see this conversation going much further unless you can provide something other than the for-mentioned.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

the point of this conversation between has been to be provided evidence that we can cross directly and there has been no evidence provided. I saw phage posted a vid but i cant play vids right now and there was no explanation.

All im getting from you guys is tour sites and advice to call someone, i don't see this conversation going much further unless you can provide something other than the for-mentioned.

But what you're asking for is nonsensical.

You can't get a flight from London city airport to Heathrow. You can if you charter one yourself.

You can't get a commercial flight to make a flight to nowhere. You can charter a flight to do just that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join