It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am in utter disbelief that this 'Flat-Earth' nonsense has gained some attention

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TheFaceOfTheEarth

Why don't you and the OTHER flat Earthers jump of VERY HIGH buildings we can then see if you land at the base of the buildings you jumped from or if it raced away from you, oh and let us know were to send the flowers for the funeral

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Why don't you and the OTHER flat Earthers jump of VERY HIGH buildings we can then see if you land at the base of the buildings you jumped from or if it raced away from you

But noone denies this.This is perfectly logical on a motionless Earth.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Here you go flat Earthers

Earth Curvature

Exif data for picture focal length 50mm f13 1/800 sec iso 200 Nikon D4

Full frame DSLR 50mm lens similar field of view to your eye CURVATURE clearly visible.

Moon image from Norther Hemisphere one of my own

Moon image from southern hemisphere.

Moon from Southern Hemisphere

So want to explain how the Moon is opposite way up in the Southern Hemisphere compared to the
Northern Hemisphere if the world is a flat disc

Here so you don't have to tax your brains to much

edit on 8-1-2017 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

So gravity is a force not only pulling objects directly down to the center of the Earth, but also pulls objects in the sky along, in sync with Earth's rotation.

So does it require more force for objects to move in the opposite direction? I can see how objects in contact with the surface would be moving along with the spinning Earth, there is friction with the surface. According to your logic the air must be causing the same amount of friction as the surface.

Objects in the air are being pulled along in sync with Earth's rotation? Do snowflakes fall straight down?
edit on 1/8/2017 by TheFaceOfTheEarth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Who was talking about the moon?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheFaceOfTheEarth

So gravity is a force not only pulling objects directly down to the center of the Earth, but also pulls objects in the sky along, in sync with Earth's rotation.

So does it require more force for objects to move in the opposite direction? I can see how objects in contact with the surface would be moving along with the spinning Earth, there is friction with the surface. According to your logic the air must be causing the same amount of friction as the surface.

Objects in the air are being pulled along in sync with Earth's rotation? Do snowflakes fall straight down?

NO according to YOUR logic that's the case even in vacuum the objects are pulled with the rotation.

Are snowflakes affected by air currents
What about you falling or rocks for example.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Who was talking about the moon?

We are talking about how it looks to observers on different sides of a GLOBE which is what we see so what about a flat Earth or will you AVOID this because this one simple fact pee's on the flat Earth parade

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

NO according to YOUR logic that's the case even in vacuum the objects are pulled with the rotation.

How does this happen?

So does it require more force to travel in the opposite direction then?

Are snowflakes affected by air currents What about you falling or rocks for example.

If gravity is pulling objects in one direction as you claim, how can objects floating in the sky go in any other direction?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

now is the time to learn about " relative velocity "

relative velocity

edit on 8-1-2017 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

If you have a point to make regarding relative velocity that explains this, make it.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
a reply to: Corruptedstructure

They have to keep the truth about gravity secret.
Even the ancients knew how to construct a bomb.
We are all familiar with radiant energy but when energy resonates in different dimensions it acquires that spooky property we call mass. How can you explain that while maintaining non proliferation of WMD?

Depends on your perception of a WMD..

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

yes i have - and the lesson requireds that YOU furnish your understanding of what relative velocity is - its quite simple

and your refusal to answer nails your dishonesty - because otherwise you would just tell us

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I'm good. Explain how relative velocity explains it. You keep bringing it up. Apply it.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

once you have told us what " relative velocity " means - then we shall proceed

we have been at this point before - your craven refusal to state any actual position is getting boring

now - heres your chance - " relative velocity " is ????????????????

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Then "we" shall not proceed. It's not a point I am trying to make.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Then "we" shall not proceed. It's not a point I am trying to make.

Yet another point that PEE'S on the flat Earth parade so want to explain how the Moon sholud look like from your flat Earth

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I responded to one specific claim. I don't need to discuss anything else here, at this moment. Why are you changing the topic of discussion?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I responded to one specific claim. I don't need to discuss anything else here, at this moment. Why are you changing the topic of discussion?

We are discussing a flat or globe Earth, I have given PHOTORAPHIC PROOF ot the GLOBE now show they are wrong if you can't your flat Earth fails.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
flat earthers : how far away from the alledged " plane of the earth " is the moon - its a simple question

cann any one answer it ?

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join