It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am in utter disbelief that this 'Flat-Earth' nonsense has gained some attention

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: coop039

originally posted by: M4nWithNoN4me

originally posted by: amazing
So what do they think happens if you go to the edge? Why do they think there is no photographic or video evidence of the edge of the earth? That's really all there is to it. I don't care about the curvature of the earth or any of that. I just know that nobody has ever found the edge. That's all the proof you'd really need.

In my limited interactions with persons who have some FE belief, their answer is always the same- "Pictures can be faked. Show it to me!"

I'm a little short on the cash required to contact the Russians and book passage for two to the International Space Station. Get back to me next week.

They believe there is a HUGE ice wall. Seriously.

www.theflatearthsociety.org...

They also believe that gravity is generated by the flat earth continually accelerating. Some one on the forums actually did the math on how fast the earth would be going after all this time and it was a staggering number.

Genuine flat Earth theorists don't believe any of the nonsense from the Flat Earth Society, they are purposely and obviously just making a mockery of it and are not sincere. Check into Eric Dubay or Mark Seargant for real flat Earth theory.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I've been looking a lot into ideas of flat earth and while some claims make absolutly no sense, others actually are quite compelling and really makes you wonder.

Good arguments for flat earth :
-Flight paths
-NASA lies
-Regulated Antarctica
-Flat horizon
-Gravity is a failed theory

Then again. The globe model has very good arguments too.

-Moon Waxing
-Polaris unviewable from the southern hemisphere, although I never went down there
-The Coriolis effect

Everything else that I've seen to explain the globe model is transposable to the flat model.

I am not a creationist, I believe in evolution and I'm pretty sure I'm a well balanced and smart individual...
at least that's what my mother tells me! hehehe

edit on 29-1-2016 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

eric dubay ?????????????????????

are you SERIOUSLY holding him up as your " credible " flat earth proponent

uf so - give up now

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helious

Either way, the Earth is round, not flat, I keep telling them that but they don't seem to ever listen and call me a globe lover lol.

As long as you have a cool name to go along with your belief, all is well.

Eric Dubay. I remember, he is the guy who thinks that masons are everywhere, and anyone who rubs their nose a certain way is showing their evil affiliation. Now why am I not surprised he is all in on the flat earth stuff.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I think you may have missed the point. Helious ins't defending the flat earth theory, only helping others to understand who is pushing it.

link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Helious

eric dubay ?????????????????????

are you SERIOUSLY holding him up as your " credible " flat earth proponent

uf so - give up now

As far as flat Earth theory goes, Eric Dubay is absolutely the most well articulated, researched and sincere person out there. That said, what am I giving up on? I simply stated the Flat Earth Society doesn't actually believe in flat Earth theory, instead they purposely mock it but there are others out there that actually believe it, such as Dubay.

I didn't state I believe in flat Earth theory.
edit on 29-1-2016 by Helious because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Yikes! Scams like flat earth, evolution, Eoanthropus Dawsoni, and solar roads (to name a few) have been dismissed by every and anyone who has spent 10 mins researching it... Unless they profit from the lie. It's a scam for $$$ or maybe just entertainment. Don't believe everything you are told, or see online.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
I've been looking a lot into ideas of flat earth and while some claims make absolutly no sense, others actually are quite compelling and really makes you wonder.

It is? can you elaborate on that a bit? Perhaps while jumping off the roof?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Good arguments for flat earth :
-Flight paths
-NASA lies
-Regulated Antarctica
-Flat horizon

ok - from the top

perth > johhasasburg flight time utterly demolishes the flat earth claim

nasa ??? the only contribution nasa has made to the issue is demonstrate the 50km difference between the polar diameter and equitorial diameter [ prior to the space age the concensus was that earth was a perfect sphere of 12000 km diameter ]

nothing about the " regulation " of antarctica - which has only been inforce since the 1860s - supports the flat earth claim

the oblate speroid model PREDICTS a flat horozon - of you want a curved horizon - be careful what you wish for - bcause the implications will explode in your face :

here :

thats bob - bob is a retard - bob thinks the horizon should be curved - so i gave him a curved horizon - the 2 cities behind bob are apparently 16 miles apart - now exreapolate that horizon

ooooooooooos - silly bob

gravity ?????????????? WTF - gravity works as predicted - there is nothing " failed " about gravity -

anything else ???????????????????

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

perth > johhasasburg flight time utterly demolishes the flat earth claim

www.southafrica.to...

Nice one, the direct flight is said to take less time than the ones that stop at Dubai, Hong-Kong, etc.

nasa ??? the only contribution nasa has made to the issue is demonstrate the 50km difference between the polar diameter and equitorial diameter [ prior to the space age the concensus was that earth was a perfect sphere of 12000 km diameter ]

All I implied was that NASA are known liars and their sources can't be trusted.

nothing about the " regulation " of antarctica - which has only been inforce since the 1860s - supports the flat earth claim

polardiscovery.whoi.edu...
Maybe it was a typo but it's 1961.
It doesn't directly support flat earth but none the less, I'm sure there are many things we aren't told about Antarctica.

thats bob - bob is a retard - bob thinks the horizon should be curved - so i gave him a curved horizon

Yeah he's probably a retard to not notice that YOU AREN'T EVEN FOLLOWING THE GROUND. That's your worst argument yet, you should edit it, it's down right ridiculous -

originally posted by: ignorant_apethe 2 cities behind bob are apparently 16 miles apart - now exreapolate that horizon
Yes I did and at that distance, the curve of the earth would look nothing like that anyway.

gravity ?????????????? WTF - gravity works as predicted - there is nothing " failed " about gravity -

I see you didn't look at anything explaining why gravity "doesn't quite hold up". :p

anything else ???????????????????

That's the question I should ask YOU because your arguments, other than the first one, we're really bad.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

which women?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

i am not saying this is flat earth prof all im saying is that there is somthing being hidden and the globalist regime is pulling out all the stops to hide it. also the tour companys that go there fly in, turn around an fly out or just hang out on the coast. no crossing, just one way in same way out, case back open.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

no

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
I didn't say I don't believe in density.

But I do believe more in the Electric Universe Theory than the Theory of Gravity

www.youtube.com...

Interesting video to watch!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It's so difficult now to draw attention to yourself in the morass of the internet that conspiracy theorists are forced to be more and more bizarre in their claims to stand out from the crowd.

I mean, where do you go to top lizard people secretly running the world?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

the argument for that is law of perspective i believe.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

This is what came up when I typed in "the edge of the Earth"

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Cool view!

This is what I found : upload.wikimedia.org...

Interesting picture from an interesting band!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

ok - you draw a curved horizon on bobs pic - then extrapolate it

remember - your curved horizon must be noticable

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
If anyone truly thinks there is a conspiration to fake the shape of the earth I propose you to do the following.

Travel in this order, get a good time keeping device, spend a few days in each place, enjoy the food and so on.

Travel to Los Angeles in the first steep, go to a place you can see the sky and seek for the easiest constellation, ursa minor (the only constellation I can ID) once you know it as the palm of your hand proceed to Miami.

From Miami go to some European country, drink some wine, never forget to find ursa minor...

Then go to cape town, any place of Australia and finally I heard Santiago de chile is a nice city.

Now the time keeper piece... Time every flight you take

If you do this a few things will come out of it, first congrats!!! You traveled around the world only going east.

2. Did you see ursa in all the places? Polaris won't be seen from the southern hemisphere.

3. How long were those flights? Try to correlate times to distances and see how you can fit them in the flat earth map of your choice.

If after doing this you still think earth is flat I may want what you are taking, must be strokg #

Using your planned routes and comparing it to a flat earth map:

And then comparing flight time data with the flat earth map vs the "official story" world map- things don't add up.

It takes 7 hours roughly to fly from NYC to Europe but almost 14 hours to fly from South Africa to Australia??
See below map

Looking at flight times and comparing them to a flat earth map and a standard map…

Damn it feels good to be a FlatEartha'

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join