It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Don't Sneeze!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I have no idea what I did to myself this time but oh man did I mess something up. My lower ribs on the right side hurt like hell. I swear it feels like somebody took a baseball bat to me. Yes, I do know what that feels like. Anywho, every damn time I sneeze or cough it's pure agony. It's worse when I sneeze. I've been trying like mad not to. Of course, tough old fart that I am, I'm still carrying wood in. I'm also carrying water from the creek since everything froze up and the pump broke from the cold. Dang it this hurts.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
You might have cracked a rib or pulled a muscle from coughing.

With the last satanic flu that I got around Christmas, I got Pleurisy from it, the lining of my left lung stuck together. Ouch. Antibiotics which I hate was the only help.

Go to the Doc, stop going outside in the cold and eat 10 tonnes of garlic.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Ditto to Zazz. Broken rib or pleurisy. I've had them both. They equally suck. Six weeks for the rib, antibiotics for the pleurisy.

Take care of yourself Boo! I've got a feeling you're not superman anymore!

eta: If it hurts that bad, you need to go to the ED. Let them figure out what it is, and treat it.

My best.
edit on 1/28/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

link   
just out of nowhere this pain?

yeah...this isn't the job for Dr Internet. I'd see a real doctor, one that doesn't want you taking mugwort or eating clay.

That aside....what Zazzbot said.

link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
Thanks for the advice. I think the rib might be cracked. I really hope not.

I've had pleurisy before. I thought I was having a heart attack. My boss threw a fit because of it and had a co worker pick me up. He showed up right around the time a security guard found me passed out in the parking lot. Thankfully it's not that. I don't ever want to go through that again.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
Just out of nowhere. I'll see a doc. Thanks.
ETA: LOL at eating clay. I can just imagine my teeth getting stuck together.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark Before you go to bed tonite, put vicks vapo rub on the area where the pain is, then put a towel over it, then your shirt or what ever you wear to bed. This is old Hungarian medicine. You may thank me for it later.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ditchweed
I have some here. I'll try it. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Eat clay! Eat clay!

Seriously, it sounds like a cracked rib... Getting older sucks sometimes. I hope you feel better soon!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Thanks for the laugh, even though it hurt. Thanks for the well wishes too. Yes it does suck getting older sometimes.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Darnit.. .the vit c "hype" is not actually "hype." If one ingests enough, major flu is a memory... for a significant portion of the population anyway, as genetics and the actual formulations of the vitamin differ I'd think.

Anyway, sorrow for the pain...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I knew a guy who sneezed and burst/ruptured a lung, you should get it checked out!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Sounds awful!

Doesn't sound like pneumonia bc that would be more of an upper chest pain...with a cough of course.

Do take care of yourself.

Sucks for you.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ditchweed

put vicks on it... i will remember this old hungarian medicine if i ever travel to hungary.... I can be rich with a towel and vicks....

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Hear ya. I'm almost two weeks into the flu. My old lady is in it now for ten days. Chest a rattling all over the place and like you the ribs, though mine are doing better. And no energy much at all.

And like you as I sit here now I have just been out splitting some wood for the next couple of nights. I got it into the house but it is all still in the barrow as I am all out of breath with wheezing in my upper chest and have no energy to stack it.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Oh wow! Both my lungs are okay. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric
Breathing is fine and no congestion. Just the rib pain, which is bad enough.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
Sorry to hear about the flu. Keep hydrated. Chicken noodle soup actually helps quite a bit.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It is most likely a dislocated rib. It happens. I dislocate mine all the time. Go see a Chiro. Pay attention to what he does and the next time it happens you'll be able to pop it back in place yourself just by moving the right way.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm
Will do. By the way, how did it go with that thread on happy memories? Did you find something?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join