It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historic Morocco Declaration To Protect Christians 2016

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Rather unreported it seems, but American Pastor Bob Roberts has been working behind the scenes to build relations with Muslim Nations and this weeks has seen flown to Morocco for an historic meeting with over 250 Muslim Leaders Scholars & Imams including the former Archbishop of Washington, which has resulted in the release of a 750 word document the Marrakesh Agreement to assure Muslim protection for Christians in Muslim nations and religious freedom for all non-muslims in Muslim countries. This Agreement has been based on the Charter of Medina made by the Prophet Mohammed to end tribal infighting and bring peace to the area after Mohammed's emigration to Medina in 622CE and formed the basis of the first multi-religious Islamic State.

The original Charter include the following paragraph (amongst many others)

The security of God is equal for all groups,[36]
Non-Muslim members will have the same political and cultural rights as Muslims. They will have autonomy and freedom of religion.[37]
Non-Muslims will take up arms against the enemy of the nation and share the cost of war. There is to be no treachery between the two.[38]
Non-Muslims will not be obliged to take part in religious wars of the Muslims

So from even that short exerpt from the Charter, it would appear that this, just like so many other declarations teachings and agreements, has been selectively excluded from Islamic religious teachings in the modern age despite the fact this Charter is one of the very foundations of Islam as passed down from Mohammed.

The Marrakesh Agreement seeks to modernise that Charter to denounce violence and religious extremism and calls upon Muslim Nations to

" address their mutual state of selective amnesia that blocks memories of centuries of joint and shared living on the same land,We call upon them to rebuild the past by reviving this tradition of conviviality, and restoring our shared trust that has been eroded by extremists using acts of terror and aggression"

Furthermore, the attendees at the meeting made it clear they were specifically addressing Muslim Nations & their Leaders when they said

"representatives of the various religions, sects and denominations to confront all forms of religious bigotry, villification, and denigration of what people hold sacred, as well as all speech that promotes hatred and bigotry". However, the pronouncement went a step further and specifically addressed Muslim countries: "We affirm that it is unconscionable to employ religion for the purpose of aggressing (sic) upon the rights of religious minorities in Muslim countries."

So despite the thousands of people screaming that Muslims aren't doing enough, it seems there are those behind the scenes, unreported, doing what they can to advise and stem the growing extremism that we are all so well aware of. However, how many Muslim Nations or religious groups will take notice of this historic Agreement remains to be seen but maybe this could be seen as a ray of hope in a dark and gloomy future?

Morocco Declaration

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I'm not "screaming that Muslims aren't doing enough", but I say it with a very modulated voice. I don't like screaming.

Maybe they are considering all the money coming from the tourists. It's about business, not religion. Nothing wrong with that, smart move.

edit on 28-1-2016 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Many have though, at one point me included, but it seems things are going on in the background that clearly aren't suitable "news" it doesn't fit the agenda to hear of high up Muslim Clerics preaching peace & harmony and religious tolerance. Its more newsworthy to see those mad Clerics on youtube preaching rape all white women & bomb the infidel, which I'm not saying doesn't happen, I've seen and heard those lunatics, but surely it would be better to show the public what Muslims are doing and not what they aren't

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

Many have though, at one point me included, but it seems things are going on in the background that clearly aren't suitable "news" it doesn't fit the agenda to hear of high up Muslim Clerics preaching peace & harmony and religious tolerance.

Point being that all those *mad clerics* preach rape and bombing infidels

are simply not listening!!

but surely it would be better to show the public what Muslims are doing and not what they aren't

It is immaterial what the moderate clerics do .... if they are unable to reign

in the militant ones hell bent on terror.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Perhaps this Agreement aimed at those mad buggers will help? Who knows but maybe if those preaching the violence and bombing were excommunicated it would rein them in a bit

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Fantastic. This is in the right direction. Its not that there havent ever been decrees and mandates by Muslim leaders to protect christians and pagans. These things need to be reminded every now and again.

The Christian monestary at the foot of the new mount Sianai has a written charter or whatever by a Muslim leader protecting Christians on pilgrimage and everywhere. You can imagine how old it is.

edit on 1 28 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This is positive news. No person deserves to have violence directed toward them because of their beliefs, or lack thereof, so long as they are causing no harm to another person's body or property.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

That’s because of the modern influence of the Wahhabi/Saudi false Islam that excludes from history all of the Prophets positive and unifying acts towards non Muslims these sectarian Wahhabi bigots don’t like.

The biggest story of the 20th and 21st century and one of the biggest secrets is that ALL the terrorism from Islam is 100 PERCENT WAHHABI!

Wahhabism to Islam is like the Westboro Baptist church is to Christianity without the oil wealth

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

TRue I don't disagree with you there at all
Its just to be hoped that maybe just maybe the idots will listen but I'm not holding my breath. I've no doubt ISIS will make something of it probably call them all apostates or something

top topics

join