It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s New Pro-Veterans Website-Money goes to Trump not vets

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jefwane
I've seen the actual list of veteran's charities that will be receiving the money Trump raised. I'm not familiar with all of them, but the ones I recognize are definitely on the list of the ones I would support. Someone I trust who keeps up with worthy veteran charities, was rather impressed with the list, as it matched almost exactly with her list of charities that spent most of their money on vets and not executive compensation and fund raising.

DAV and Fischer House are both on the list. Wounded Warriors Project is not.

I have seen that list, as well. I am impressed with the variety and careful choices. I believe there are over 20 separate groups the money will be distributed to.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
For the record, he has already distributed some of the funds.

barkpost.com...

As reported by The Hill, Donald Trump recently gave an initial donation of $100,000 to the Puppy Jake Foundation at a campaign rally in Davenport, Iowa. Trump presented the check onstage to the Foundation’s representatives (3 of which were dogs). The total amount Trump is giving to the non-profit is $300k

He did not use it to fuel his jet. Unlike Bern who would have paid his wife 30k to distribute the money. But, you know, its family.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: crappiekat

Hes definitely a charlatan and hes using the vets, funneling their money through his own charity is just disgusting

What's disgusting is your rhetoric. I am not a fan of Trump but would never flat out say the false things you are. Not only is all $6 million going to veterans, Trump threw in $1 mil of his own money too.

The money raised during Trump's special event to benefit veterans initially went to the Donald J. Trump Foundation, but it's inaccurate to say that the money ended up in the candidate's personal account or will be used to fund his presidential campaign.

The full list of veterans organizations Donald Trump singled out for donations is as follows:

www.snopes.com...

Maybe you would rather he gave it to Wounded Warrior who would take 40% off the top?
edit on 1-2-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Did trump donate the money? I'm guessing yes since the angry maniac behind this thread stopped talking to himself to keep it bumped

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EightTF3

Of course, make baseless accusations before the evidence is in and when it is in pretend it never happened. Then when the blue moon hits and your posts turn out correct you act like it was obvious.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Kind of an update:
What veterans groups will see money from Trump's rally?

Officials with Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s campaign still aren’t saying exactly how much they’ll donate to veterans charities or when they’ll start sending checks, but they have offered a list of 22 organizations in line to be beneficiaries.

It's not all sunshine and lollipops though;
Tiny nonprofit veterans charity turns down $100,000 bribe to be props at Trump rally

n an interview with the Daily Beast, Liberty House executive director Keith Howard claimed he received a call from a Trump campaign staffer on Friday stating the candidate would like to present the Manchester charity with a big check at a Monday rally — hours before New Hampshire primary voters went to the polls.

Howard told the campaign: “No.”

Like I said earlier in the thread, we'll only really know next year, after the organization reveals their tax statements. After the election no less.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

On Friday, officials from the DAV Charitable Trust released a statement saying Trump’s campaign has informed them a donation is coming.

Officials from another potential beneficiary, the Texas-based 22Kill — a reference to the estimated 22 U.S. veterans who commit suicide each day — appeared on stage with Trump at Thursday’s rally and praised the Republican front-runner for his generosity.

The director of a small nonprofit dedicated to serving New Hampshire veterans turned down a $100,000 check

So the evidence suggests the money is being handed out.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Trump said he raised $6 million for veterans. Now his campaign says it was less.

Campaign manager Corey Lewandowski said the fundraiser actually netted about $4.5 million, or 75 percent of the total that Trump announced.

Lewandowski blamed the shortfall on Trump’s own wealthy acquaintances. He said some of them had promised big donations that Trump was counting on when he said he had raised $6 million. But Lewandowski said those donors backed out and gave nothing.

Still millions raised though, where's it going?

“Why should I give you records?” Trump said in an interview with The Post this month. “I don’t have to give you records.”

Paul Rieckhoff, founder of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, said Trump’s refusal to divulge how much of the money he had distributed raised questions about whether the candidate intended the fundraiser primarily as a public-relations effort for himself.

Did Trump make good on his promise to give from his personal funds?

“The money is fully spent. Mr. Trump’s money is fully spent,” Lewandowski said.

To whom did Trump give, and in what amounts?

“He’s not going to share that information,” Lewandowski said.

We'll still have to wait until the tax information is made public next year to find out more, I guess.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join