It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious question re: who do spherical UFOs belong to?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Ambergambler, No need to be scared.... thanks for sharing, Those circles, there is a message in them... We just can't seem to see it.... or maybe we can. We must look closer.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Without doubt, no need to worry, considering I, too, am in the same boat.

Thank you both for your continued input -- I can't say enough how much I appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Thanks for the support, I've had several very intense experiences and have never posted them on a forum, I have my theories based on my experiences and I'll share some of them with you, although I'm sure people might think I'm mad.
Its bed time for my kids, so I'll do that and be back.

By the way, thanks for the link to Nova, amazing stuff, String theory seems to fit in with my experiences, but I'll elaborate later

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
sd, welcome to ATS. That which you have photographed corresponds to what is known as a UFO probe. These are mainly regarded to be sensors of some type, which are sent out from bigger, main ships, to scan an area, or in your case, a plane.

I remember reading about which kind of aliens use which kinds of crafts, but seeing as the board is about to go down for a while, I will hopefully find that for you later.

Regards,
TA

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
sd, welcome to ATS. That which you have photographed corresponds to what is known as a UFO probe. These are mainly regarded to be sensors of some type, which are sent out from bigger, main ships, to scan an area, or in your case, a plane.

I remember reading about which kind of aliens use which kinds of crafts, but seeing as the board is about to go down for a while, I will hopefully find that for you later.

Regards,
TA

Hi TA,

Thx for the welcome and the info. Once you have a chance, I greatly look forward to a follow-up on the lead re: who operates what.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
TrueAmerican,
I like your outlook, it furthers the thought....
Hay Drum, any more photos?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Yes, it is slightly blurred where it's moving. So the debris theory is out.

So governmental mechanary or somthing maybe but why it would be that shap. It also appears to be falling.

And it could be an E.T craft but i doubt it simply because of the shape. What intelligent being would build a small rounded craft. What possible logic is there to it?

And again what logic is there to a rounded probe? What could it do. Spheres aren't overly airo dinamic either.

So drummer, do you have any theorys or ideas on what it could be?

I am very glad you posted this

It's such a mystery.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
shorty... Your question here.... Will come to light in the future, right now, look at what we can do in the way of Recon, when War is at hand! However, were not as good as they are, try to see beyond our lack of ability. Just suggesting if those " Devices " are there to observe.. Lets look at the reason why..... I have given a few, in other threads.

[edit on 10-1-2005 by jessemole]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Ambergambler, Regardless of what you have seen on the Tv, what make's a differerence.. is what you have depicted with your own eyes... That Is real, rather some wish not to believe... I know what you have said to be true. Thanks for sharing!!

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I would say that most spherical UFOs are likely weather balloons...honestly. The covering used is highly reflective, and I've seen some great pics of such balloons that really would fool just about anyone.

I'm always more curious about the "egg" UFOs of the past. Most of ALL of the early UFO cases involving witnesses seeing the craft land and the occupants outside the UFO, etc. (around the early 50's) center around a strange egg-shaped craft with a rim around it, etc. This is also the type mentioned in the famous Soccorro Sighting.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

) quote

I would say that most spherical UFOs are likely weather balloons...honestly....

Hay G... are we going back to the opinion of what was thought to have happen at Rosswell?

We must go back to what was the first question in this thread.. A real serious difference was asked.... What are they(Spherical) when we know there not Man made?

No simple answer, but lets not ask the same question that has been asked when it comes to these accounts(sightings/Photos, etc... Were far above that in what has been seen. And to some extent, what is obvious.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm always more curious about the "egg" UFOs of the past. Most of ALL of the early UFO cases involving witnesses seeing the craft land and the occupants outside the UFO, etc. (around the early 50's) center around a strange egg-shaped craft with a rim around it, etc. This is also the type mentioned in the famous Soccorro Sighting.

So you are a believer of these storys?

They are very weak. Little hard evidence.

Is the Soccorro sighting the one where human looking aliens about 2 feet tall walk about a bit and leave and they found a big hole in the ground that was meant to be from the UFO lifting off.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Okay, the reason they're here i guess you mean?

Assuming they're probes i guess they are here to.... probe.

experiment aircraft maybe but i doubt it.

I think like Gaz said they are most likely air ballons it is an easy mistake to make.

But what ar they doing? I have given one possiblity.

If you mean my whole theory on everything from why aliens to here in genral not just this case to their connectionwith eygpt, mars and over areas. Well, if you mean them then it would be much quicker to U2U you. I would be able to give more detail.

I am a believer.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The egg UFO stories are intriguing. At first, they were laughed off, because up to that point, there had never been any landings seen. The same thing later happened to the first abductee stories.

Remember, in Soccorro, the one who reported the sighting was a police officer (Lonnie Zamorra if I recall right), and many UFOlogists are still interested in the case. True, with many of these, there is only eyewitness testimony. However, there are some references to this type of craft in some docs, and such crafts were seen all over the place for a small period of time, and described the same, right down to a segmented bottom hull, and by multiple witnesses in various states. It's intriguing at least....

Hay G... are we going back to the opinion of what was thought to have happen at Rosswell?

not at all.

There is a TON of evidence pointing to what happened at Roswell, and it doesn't point to a balloon. There's no need to go into it all here on this thread, but just because I state my opinions on a given sighting, doesn't mean I try and dismiss them out of hand. I just happen to know that some things in the sky are easy to mistake for the real deal. With Roswell, we have government docs pointing to a deliberate coverup, we have a newspaper headline with an admission of what was recovered by the Army. We have the testimony of senior officers involved, we have the Ramey memo, numerous other witnesses etc. Roswell is a different case here.

I'm just saying that the average weather balloon can easily be mistaken for a spherical or ice-cream cone UFO sighting, depending on type. That doesn't mean all such sightings are weather balloons, but just that one should really examine the details of the sighting to see if it can be ruled out.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
You guys ever see the London landing video?

I shows a mothership floating alongside a road, and after a while a sphere escapes from it, or rather it releases a probe which continues to investigate the surroundings.

So, perhaps spheres are indeed probes.

The Socorro incident doesn't come across as the typical spheres.
In that particular case, evidence and testimony seems exceedingly strong.

Is it possible that the craft may have been a NASA test vehicle?

Remember this is 1964, prior to the first moon landling, and I've seen some of the test vehicles they were trying out, somewhat egg'ish in shape, with alot of rocketry, the kind needed to make burn imprints.

Of course the incident may have been embellished upon throughout time, I've also heard it but with beings standing around the craft, etc.

(Note: I just did a quick google and sure enough, I'm not the first to think this )

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
Yes, it is slightly blurred where it's moving.

It also appears to be falling.

What intelligent being would build a small rounded craft. What possible logic is there to it?

And again what logic is there to a rounded probe? What could it do. Spheres aren't overly airo dinamic either.

So drummer, do you have any theorys or ideas on what it could be?

Glad to contribute.

So, to address the questions you put forth:

1. The object is in fact not falling, but ascending, as dscribed in an eariler post. Furthermore, this rate of ascention is (roughly) 10x greater than that of a weather balloon.

2. I'm glad you mentioned the fact that it is not frozen as clearly as the airplane. There are two possible explanations for this: First, it is possible the object and the plane are in two different focal planes. If this is so, I think it would be possible to accurately estimate both the distance from a) the camera to the airplane, b) from the airplane to the object, and thus c) fromt he camera to the object. However, this would require the work of a professional photogrammetric anaylst, something I am unfortunately not.
The second possible explanation is the velocity of the object is too great to be frozen with a 1/650 second shutter speed.

3. BTW, in response to the following post (by Gazrok), yes, a weather balloon may easily be mistaken for a sphere. A couple notes on this: First, one may easily locate and even visit their regional NOAA or National Weather Service (part of the NOAA) office to retrieve a copy of the official data for their regional weather balloon launch. Second, NOAA weather balloons are launched twice a day at the same time (04:00 and 16:00, though I am unsure if this is local time or PST, which if the latter would equate to 12:00 and 00:00 GMT). Third, the rate of ascension for an official NOAA weather ballon is 1,200'/minute -- about 20'/second. Fourth, a balloon (not a derrigible) cannot travel faster than the wind will carry it (unless you propel it with an external force). Thus, it is relatively easy to compare a given set of data (such as a sequence of photos) to the parameters that govern the performance of a weather balloon to determine whether or not a spherical object is a weather balloon.

4. Shorty -- Back to the question as to the "sense" of a spherical object, I strongly suggest (and reccomend) you pick up a copy of Paul Hill's Unconventional Flying Objects - a Scientifc Analysis. Paul Hill spent his carreer working as a scientist and engineer at NASA (even before the name was changed to NASA!) until he retired in 1970. He had two sightings himself, and over the course of his carreer became the unofficial "clearinghouse" for UFO repsorts that came through NASA. Part of his documented process for his study was the identification of "highly repeating shapes," i.e., shapes that reoccurred with significant frequency, as the overlap and reoccurrence lends itself to a higher degree of credibility.

He lists spheres, ellipsoidal, and ringed spheres among the eight or so highly repeating shapes. He also theorizes in the text how the non-aerodynamic shapes fly. I would say you are trying to interpret its airworthyness (sp?) in terms of our indignenous technologies as they relate to aerodynamic principles in the contex of inner-atmospheric flight. Paul Hill addresses these topics rather extensively.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdrumrunner
Shorty -- Back to the question as to the "sense" of a spherical object, I strongly suggest (and reccomend) you pick up a copy of Paul Hill's Unconventional Flying Objects - a Scientifc Analysis.

I would say you are trying to interpret its airworthyness (sp?) in terms of our indignenous technologies as they relate to aerodynamic principles in the contex of inner-atmospheric flight. Paul Hill addresses these topics rather extensively.

I shall indether to pick myself up a copy.

I am indeed trying to interpret their airworthyness(or mess
what self respecting alien flyins inside an egg?) in terms of our indignenous technologies. I don't know of any other means to judge it other by that which i know.

"

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
what self respecting alien flyins inside an egg?

[Mork] Na-nu na-nu, Earth beeeeyotches. [/Mork]

Ohh... self-respecting aliens... mah bad.

[edit on 11-1-2005 by sdrumrunner]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdrumrunner
Ohh... self-respecting aliens... mah bad.

[edit on 11-1-2005 by sdrumrunner]

You are so right.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
First, welcome! I too am a "newbie here" and have found this site to be quite helpful (and addicting!)

Thanx for posting the pics and we hope to see more...

Anyhow, what is intriguing to me is WHY the type of "them" is so important to you. It makes me wonder what you're really looking for.

If I were to say (and honestly I have no idea) "ah yes, this is your typical Sirian probe drone" or " ET's from the Pleiades often send these crafts..." "Greys fly xyz vs. Reptilians abc" etc...

My question is, what difference would it make? If someone was to provide an intelligent coherent analysis and come to a educated conclusion that it is infact "fill in the blank". What will you then do with that information?

You have made it quite known that you are a "guarded" person and posting on this site is not something you typically do or WILL do in the future. I can only guess that the information you seek is only a small part to a much larger quest you are on. So what do you really want answered?

My apologies if my assumptions are incorrect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join