It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

black holes actually a star?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
ET has obviously learned more about astronomy in school than me lol.

[edit on 12-1-2005 by phantompatriot]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creative_minds
mwen, maby when an object passes through a black hole, it reaches such a high temperture and then is spewed out of a white hole (thus a star)

How do you know? The only way would be to send something through, which obviously hasn't happened. As far as we know, when something enters a black hole, the intense gravity stretches them out until they are a dissolved stream of atoms. There are a lot of theories surrounding black holes, so it's anyones guess.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
White holes have found great popularity in sci-fi flciks/serials...do they really exist in theory??

And object of infinte volume and zero density..sounds hard to comprehend..the universe is clsoe to having "infinite" volume..but it does have a finite mass and since it is expanding that is growing too...maybe withholes are mini-big bangs present at the sub-atomic level...
Any experts willing to shed some light on these white holes...??
..Get the pun??

E_T

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
And object of infinte volume and zero density..sounds hard to comprehend..the universe is clsoe to having "infinite" volume...
Well, not even close to it... basing on current obervations it will get infinitely larger because it looks like density is under critical value causing it to expand infinitely... and there's even some unknown force causing acceleration of expansion. (which acts like "cosmological constant"... or Einstein's "biggest mistake")

And BTW, universe might well have finite "area" but without edges, like Earth which has finite surface area but you could go infinitely to any direction without colliding to some wall or edge.

Is that (un)clear?

I suggest reading Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time, it has some nice text about black holes and universe.

Here's some "appetizers":
newton.physics.metu.edu.tr...

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Oh thank you I've read Brief History of time quite a few times actually..That book was quite an eye-opener, but it never really looked in to white holes..
so again I ask, white holes??.....mini big bangs??...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join