It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon standoff: Holdouts offer peaceful exit but say they're 'not afraid to die'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The one million dollar question is ^^^^ right up there ^^^^

originally posted by: ReadLeader

this is the one million dollar question?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

By Jove I think he's got it.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Well, I guess we do certain things in the USA, because we're not Saudi Arabia or North Korea or China etal. We may feel like doing certain things, but laws and rationality thankfully prohibit us. .... The thought of going to prison kept me from doing certain things..... doesn't mean that all our legalities are good... but, I digress....

The thing about those four characters left at Malheur, well, THEY are, like The Donald says, losers. Well, maybe I should be nice, because they're pretty irrational.... not all there... a bit touched in the head.... They don't want to be arrested. Hell, you crazy donkeys, just what do you think you all just went through, some church play?? You are armed and threatening and you just think you can wipe your hands on your pants and walk away as if nothing happened!!

There have been elderly Catholic nuns sitting in prison for civil disobedience, getting inside a federal building and throwing blood around and spray painting some anti-war stuff on walls. There are military veterans in jail for refusing to pay trespassing fines for blocking access to an energy company in an act of civil disobedience.

Those kinds of activists I respect. They're not wusses. They know what real power and strength is. They walk the walk. Now, if we still did things like the Puritans did in this country a few hundred years ago, I would personally sew some big letters and make those four Malheur holdouts wear them. A giant "P" for Pathetic. Or maybe a giant "L" for Loser.

I think that anyone who took over the Malheur needs to be made to go back and clean it and fix it up, the way it was before they occupied it. Each one guarded by an angry hunter or birder. Then they need to write a letter to all affected by their actions, apologizing and promising no more crazy stuff. And then be sent back to their cells to serve out their time.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
You guys are quick to judge......you better hope that others are a little slower when they judge you......All I hear is smarm.....
Is there any chance of really solving differences with belligerance in the first place,,,,i doubt it...

The Fighter pilots have a saying...do something even if its wrong.....
I have a lot of respect for those who actually DO anything on principal....
It doesn't take a lot of principal to bad mouth sincere people who would actually lay their lives on the line
for the benefit of the many.....

What anybody gets in this world...others also must share the cost one way or another....
Whats one persons hobby or sport compared to the livelihood of a community or a nation.......not that much in my book....

Its a fact that Beef herds are at century low numbers in N America.
You just have to look at the rise in beef prices to get an idea of how low our beef herds have been reduced....

Why...is it due in part to the BLM management of grazing lands....maybe..selling out to corporate interests....

Or perhaps its due to large corporations squeezing out the independant rancher and farmers through market rigging and otyher dirty tactics...

People do no lightly do these things....and how could you accuse someone who knows going in....they most certainly will spend jail time ...of doing it from greed......it doesn't make sense...

edit on 28-1-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

Your reading emotional reactions from people brainwashed by the media to hate anyone different then themselves.

I also respect anyone who's got the balls to standup for something.

Them equating it to greed is just childish. Your right... How can death of a long prison sentence = greed?

Makes absolutely no sense.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join