It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon standoff: Holdouts offer peaceful exit but say they're 'not afraid to die'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I dont know about the rest of you - I have a proposal though; lets just go in with sharp shooters and take them out if they are willing to 'die for their cause', (by now most Americans have already forgotten what they are standing for anyway, it seems)

sarc/ kind of, but not really; The question I have is how much resources and financials have we burned up, allowing these introverts to dictate what THEY are going to do/NOT do.

How much longer will the Feds wait around before they decide it is time for a nice show of force and introduce these criminals to their makers?

Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, Oregon (CNN)The four people who remain holed up inside the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon say they are ready to leave peacefully -- or prepared to die.

The nearly monthlong armed occupation of the refuge -- a protest of federal land policies -- began to crumble this week when leader Ammon Bundy and seven other occupiers were arrested. One was killed in a traffic stop Tuesday night when authorities made some of those arrests.

Three others were arrested Wednesday when eight more left the refuge.

Sean Anderson, one of the occupiers who remains, told CNN he is there with his wife and two others.

There had been five people still in the refuge, but one man left Thursday morning. One of the others inside the refuge drove the man to a checkpoint and dropped him off, Anderson said.

L I N K
edit on 28-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Why not

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

CNN FED BAD

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It's a good thing those guys are white. People of color would have been labeled "thugs" and killed long ago.

edit on 28-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

edit on 1/28/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

These guys are idiots and from day one have threatened violence. They want violence and the authorities are doing their best to not make martyrs out of them but of course one guy charges a Fed and now he's dead. He too said he will die before being arrested and he got his wish. Of course, supporters of these clowns all say he was killed in cold blood and despite what's being reported they'll just say everyone is lying.

What money has been spent so far on their occupation? Well, they've cost tax payers at both a state and federal level over $200k. The authorities have even told the occupiers if they leave they will not be arrested. In fact, from reports I've see so far, many of those involved in the shoot out have been let go. This entire situation is a prime example of right wing white privilege. Imagine if the Black Panthers took over a federal building armed to the teeth what that outcome would have been.

edit on 28-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I dont know about the rest of you - I have a proposal though; lets just go in with sharp shooters and take them out if they are willing to 'die for their cause', (by now most Americans have already forgotten what they are standing for anyway, it seems)

sarc/ kind of, but not really

With this post you have lost all credibility with me, what the hell is the matter with you? These guys are clearly wrong with what they have done, but for you to half seriously advocate for their deaths is incomprehensible to me.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Doesn't everybody know by now this whole thing was a training exercise?

Blackmail plays a major role.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Why don't we wait them out to the point where they have to start eating the dildos?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I forgot about the requests for T H O S E toyeeeessss.....lol

Good one Angry

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I don't think they should kill them, that's a little extreme.

But at this stage, I don't know why they don't just drop a few flash bombs into the building then take the last 4 people down with a few bean bag rounds.

You would think they (the feds) would have the numbers and skills to forcefully defuse the situation, without taking lethal action... or maybe I give them to much credit.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

Jaws, just FYI- (not that I have to explain my post, but I feel I should advise) I am n o t advocating we execute these folks, it is sarcasm, -

/sarc
When written at the end of a comment, "/sarc" indicates that the writer has been in "sarcastic mode," informing the readers not to take the comment seriously.

The term is a parody of HTML codes, in which one exits a text format by putting a slash in front of the style type. Thus, to stop text from being bold, one would code "/b"; so (humorously) to exit a comment that has been sarcastic, one writes "/sarc."

S O U R C E

edit on 28-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: spelling

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Please explain.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

sarc/ kind of, but not really;

Hence why I said you were half serious.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

/sarc as well = 1/2 serious, I will be certain to choose my verbiage differently going forward,

thanks for posting

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

"They're ready to leave peacefully--or prepared to die"

???

If they're ready to leave peacefully, why are they talking about being prepared to die?
Seems like a no brainer.......

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

this is the one million dollar question?

Me thinks they are / have been wanting violence since before this fiasco began.

thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Yes, Please explain.
You say 'blackmail', that's so cryptic

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Please explain.

The object of the game is to find the missing links.

See if you can figure it out.

Cliven Bundy still owes the U.S. $1 million. What are the feds doing to collect it?

No criminal charges have been filed against Bundy, and a spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney's office in Nevada, as a matter of Department of Justice policy, declined to say whether any were being considered. Clark County records showed no tax liens levied against Bundy or his ranch.

<<   2 >>

join