It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of Multiple ‘Tremors’ or ‘Sonic Booms’ in NJ

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: FuManchu2

There is an aircraft flying that is still deep black that occasionally comes out of the UK region, crossing the coast near New York and New Jersey that would leave a hell of a sonic signature.

You know what Zap I hate it (in a nice way) when you say things like this, knowing a black project operates over the UK and I believe it was mentioned that one of the black projects uses a base in Scotland drives me insane it makes me want to quit work for a month and stalk all the air bases in Scotland. I'm actually off to Scotland in a few weeks time for some climbing, trekkin and camping I'll have my eyes pealed

Think when I get time I'm gonna try and narrow which air bases are being used ... AARGGH knowin there are secret things over this region really does drive me crazy! I wanna see something!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: tsctsc

There is no Aurora.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The "final" official explanation on NJ media today is that this was the result of F-35s flying supersonically well off the coast and operating out of Maryland. This makes more sense than the original "official" story of a single sonic boom over Hammonton (long ways from the coast) having been the cause of it all.
Supposedly these F-35 flights go on daily but for some reason we just heard and felt them Thursday. "Atmospheric conditions" blamed.
Might even be true.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

The flights do occur daily, but they don't always go supersonic. There's a lot going on during the testing program, including supersonic testing.
edit on 1/29/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

yap...
Sorry I forgot. Must repeat it so I don't forget it anymore:

There is no Aurora. There is no Aurora. There is no Aurora. There is no Aurora. There is no Aurora. There is no Aurora. There is no Aurora. There is no Aurora. There is no Aurora. There is no Aurora. There is no Aurora. There is no Aurora. There is no Aurora.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

a reply to: NikoNJ

Many years ago, aircraft going supersonic 150 miles offshore were causing what appeared to be mild earthquakes that would rattle shelves and windows on land nearby. A sonic boom, depending on the aircraft, can cause major shaking, and travel a lot farther than people realize.

Definetley true especially the higher it is. But that's pretty high up to be heard 150 miles.

The military air force Base in the region has said no tests or flight were done in the area. Not that that means they were not if it were expiremental or what not.

lol, Air Force is probably about 5 levels below "need to know". Think CIA + NSA + black budget + whatever's above that !
edit on 29-1-2016 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.
I just got a nixle, it was a confirmed earthquake in Hammonton...I tried to copy it, wouldn't let me...now they are back to sonic boom......geez......they just changed it......UUGGHH....

hmmm....Roswell replay.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The U.S. Navy is now saying that its Thursday afternoon flight test of a stealth fighter jet with speeds up to 1,200 mph — may have caused the sonic booms reported along the Jersey Shore. Seems like it was a F-35C

"Today, an F-35C from Naval Air Station Patuxent River, Md. was conducting supersonic testing in a cleared military flight area off the East Coast around 1:30 and 2:30 p.m.," the Navy said in a release"

www.nj.com...
edit on 29-1-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsctsc
sonic boom

... Aurora is up and running

www.youtube.com...

Nick Cook's documentaries are always interesting, that one goes back a bit, the contrail trace on the radar is very compelling though. I think you'd need to be a mug to think that something like Aurora isn't on the go.

Just thought of something else, wasn't there a guy here recently who put up a picture of an aircraft, and the picture was taken down?
edit on 29-1-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Definitely felt my house shake in eastern NC yesterday and the day before. Also heard a lot more air traffic than usual, even for MCAS Cherry Point area. Must be war games time.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

Who do you think flies them?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
P.S. an Osprey just buzzed my house, maybe 50 feet above the trees. Perfect timing.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker

There is an aircraft flying that is still deep black that occasionally comes out of the UK region, crossing the coast near New York and New Jersey that would leave a hell of a sonic signature.

You know what Zap I hate it (in a nice way) when you say things like this, knowing a black project operates over the UK and I believe it was mentioned that one of the black projects uses a base in Scotland drives me insane it makes me want to quit work for a month and stalk all the air bases in Scotland. I'm actually off to Scotland in a few weeks time for some climbing, trekkin and camping I'll have my eyes pealed

Think when I get time I'm gonna try and narrow which air bases are being used ... AARGGH knowin there are secret things over this region really does drive me crazy! I wanna see something!

Scotsman here buddy, you will be looking for RAF Machrihanish, supposed home of the Aurora. Longest airfield in the world. You will be glad your not here this week, we have the tail end of the lovely storm that battered the east coast of the US.

You will love your trip to Scotland.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Who do you think flies them?

Could be an Air Force pilot. But they don't own flying, or experimental / secret flying exclusively.

Glenn was one of the big ones.....a Marine. The alphabet agencies have pilots, as do black projects.

Was half joking, but it is true that the uniformed services aren't necessarily in the highest level secret stuff. Things get put together ad-hoc and compartmental.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The days of the CIA and others having their own pilots are over. They will buy the gear, but it's usually wearing military colors and flown and maintained by the military. The Navy has their own black programs, but the majority of the Intel aircraft end up with the Air Force.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: edubez

Beaufort has been running an exercise. They did the same to Charleston the other day.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This same thing happened in SW Florida last week. www.nbc-2.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Would this exercise be "east coast wide" or more coastal?
Just curious, we had an insane amount of chopper traffic here ironically yesterday.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: zeetroyman

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker

Scotsman here buddy, you will be looking for RAF Machrihanish, supposed home of the Aurora. Longest airfield in the world. You will be glad your not here this week, we have the tail end of the lovely storm that battered the east coast of the US.

You will love your trip to Scotland.

Admin: sorry to be off topic a bit
Hey Zee! Yeah I've been looking at the weather recently to see what's been happening up your way really glad I'm not there this week, we are going toward the end of February to go and have a climb in the snow thinking of hitting Ben Macdui and Cairngorm summit, sight seeing day by Loch Ness and then onto Ben Nevis all within a week. I've been before to the Cairngorms year or so ago and we were treated with sunshine for the days we were there absolutely loved the place I've decided Aviemore is my retirement home
oh and when in the Scottish hills you never know when you get treated with a low fly by of some type of aircraft hah love it

Anyway kinda back on topic thanks for info one day just one day I'll see something special in the sky, although Scotland has its mountains and valleys I had just never assumed it would be a ideal location to base or temporarily base secret aircraft just assumed Scotland was too small of an area with too many people about

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The days of the CIA and others having their own pilots are over. They will buy the gear, but it's usually wearing military colors and flown and maintained by the military. The Navy has their own black programs, but the majority of the Intel aircraft end up with the Air Force.

I haven't heard any of this. Could be, maybe it's out there somewhere. I retired in 2008, did my Air War College and ACSC even before that, lol. Just an engineer too, not a pilot.

What precipitated all of these changes ?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join