It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of Multiple ‘Tremors’ or ‘Sonic Booms’ in NJ

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

There were multiple reports of shaking or a possible earthquake in South New Jersey Thursday afternoon. Residents reported houses shaking. The United States Geological Survey has not recorded any seismic activity but says they are investigating.

Trying to gather the facts on this...
I see a few different sites have it linked and it's popping up a lot on Twitter.
More to come.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Breaking News Feed
@pzf
BREAKING NEWS: Unexplained shaking reported in New York, New Jersey, New England. NWS pzfeed.com/ground-shaking…

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
#FLASH Sonic boom heard and felt in New Jersey & New York City. NJSP just advised their troopers it was a "Seismic Blast over the ocean".

link   
a reply to: opethPA

I believe there were some sonic booms reported recently in Virginia or the Carolinas too. My guess is something fun for ISIS!

link   

originally posted by: opethPA

There were multiple reports of shaking or a possible earthquake in South New Jersey Thursday afternoon. Residents reported houses shaking. The United States Geological Survey has not recorded any seismic activity but says they are investigating.

Trying to gather the facts on this...
I see a few different sites have it linked and it's popping up a lot on Twitter.
More to come.

If it's NJ, it must be Christie strutting around.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Charleston SC. MCAS Beaufort has a training exercise going on from Georgia up to somewhere around North Carolina. It's time for the big annual exercises all over.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Chris Christie tripped?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Just read about it in nj.com.

I'm in New Jersey but didn't feel anything. I'll be alert and reporting if needed.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I just received an email from Notify NYC that read:

Notification issued 1/28/16 at 3:19 PM. New York City is aware of unconfirmed reports of an earthquake in the New York City / New Jersey area. The New York City Emergency Management has consulted the US Geological Survey and the Earth Observatory at Columbia University. Neither has identified any seismic activity at this time. New York City Emergency Management will continue to monitor the condition and issue updates as necessary.

I didn't feel a thing.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Just confirmed on FoxNews. Eight sonic booms, reports are they were centered over Hammonton, NJ, and felt as far north as NYC. So far, government and law enforcement agencies are all saying they don't know what it was.
edit on 1282016 by M4nWithNoN4me because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

From what I'm reading (nj1015.com) it seems to have been felt almost exclusively along the coast.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
my name is Niko, I live in Atlantic City and at around 2:20 p.m. my apt started shaking.there were maybe four or five distinct shakes for lack of a better word. the first was subtle ,the second was unmistakable, and my entire room shook visibly. there were two or three other shakes after thatthe last one pulsating somewhat like a heartbeat. I called the police department and they were very short with me. they said it wasn't an earthquake that was a sonic boom. Still seems weird to me..

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Yeah, I'm by Ridgefield now. Wife in Newark didn't feel it neither. Just took a look outside, no earthquake clouds.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NikoNJ

Many years ago, aircraft going supersonic 150 miles offshore were causing what appeared to be mild earthquakes that would rattle shelves and windows on land nearby. A sonic boom, depending on the aircraft, can cause major shaking, and travel a lot farther than people realize.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Here's a report from a news outlet. BTW these sonic booms have been going on in the same area for years now, people should kick up about it.

Just looking at Google, periods in 2012 and 2014 were reported for the same area, now it's 2016, but much earlier in this two yearly progression. This newer capture shows reports for 2015 as well.

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 28-1-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Especially of the boom is over water and atmospheric conditions are right for propagating the sound waves, which it sounds like might be the case for both.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: NikoNJ

Many years ago, aircraft going supersonic 150 miles offshore were causing what appeared to be mild earthquakes that would rattle shelves and windows on land nearby. A sonic boom, depending on the aircraft, can cause major shaking, and travel a lot farther than people realize.

Definetley true especially the higher it is. But that's pretty high up to be heard 150 miles.

The military air force Base in the region has said no tests or flight were done in the area. Not that that means they were not if it were expiremental or what not.
edit on 28-1-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra
I'm in south jersey, so I didn't feel it, but my relatives in Cape May, Hammonton, and Egg Harbor REALLY felt it. They said it just kept shaking and booming......interesting.....

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

They may have come out of another base as well. If they were out of somewhere further south, they wouldn't necessarily coordinate with them as long as they stayed out of their airspace. Or, as you said, it could have been a test aircraft.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I just got a nixle, it was a confirmed earthquake in Hammonton...I tried to copy it, wouldn't let me...now they are back to sonic boom......geez......they just changed it......UUGGHH....
edit on 1/28/16 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join