It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born in the wrong species

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Droogie
I think I found the perfect guy for her.

ETA: Meaow
edit on 28-1-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Interesting, we had just started talking about Other Kin in another topic. Thanks for the video

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147
That wouldn't be the bronie vs furries one, would it? I remember posing a video about otherkin the other day.

edit on 28-1-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

This may be true , however , since she does not seem to possess the ability to also function as an alien camcorder I must just dismiss this as a mirror allusion __________________________________________________________

See Here : www.abovetopsecret.com...
( One of the best ATS threads ever)
edit on 28-1-2016 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Soon they'll demand litter boxes in public washrooms. Identity politics is tripe.
edit on 28-1-2016 by TheTory because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Maybe I should have become some type of raptor because I often catch myself holding my hands in front of the chest like them.
Sometimes when we played hide and seek I would behave like a raptor sniffing around with a weird look but that was for the kids.

Now that I outed myself, I feel better xD
edit on 28-1-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Could be from lack of "fitting in" in social groups. According to her it happened at 16.. Everyone joins a click around that (more or less) age.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Droogie
The only thing I could find that touches on the subject is a paper from 2011 on how species dysphoria could relate to gender identity disorder, and if this is a valid comparison or not.

It isn't.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

It really is fascinating how a person can consider themselves to be a cat, isn't it? After all, not only does one need the ability of a human to recognise that humanness, per se, isn't your thing, but also you need to understand cats to the extent that they ARE your thing.

Human beings are struck by a very important malaise it seems to me. We have the ability to empathise with everything, we can even make ourselves believe that we ARE something other than human, but we can't BE anything other than what we are.

As such, it is time to stop permitting such idiocies their place in the sun, accept that we are what we are, and eradicate the need to identify with anything that is not what we actually are. Human beings.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj
But I want to be

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
and then dad said stop being a dinosaur and get a job

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Soon they'll demand litter boxes in public washrooms. Identity politics is tripe.

Maybe she is defecating and urinating in the garden and covering it over with soil using her hands.

I can't believe I just wrote that!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
She's a cat?

Well, I'm a Swanne.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev
Oh my god I have tears in my eyes of laughing. It´s like he´s a copy of me

My stomach hurts oh my god, thank you that made my day ^^
edit on 28-1-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

link   

I get your point, and agree with most of it.

But I also recognize that our brain is a fascinating thing, and who's to say that she doesn't experience this to be real. That this simply is her reality. Maybe it's not a delusion, maybe it's not a disorder, maybe she is genuinely a cat. Perhaps she was born with the soul of a cat?

I realize this sounds totally ridiculous, and that these questions make myself sound crazy. But this is a wacky story, and I feel entitled to asking wacky questions. I think we can have some fun while also treating this subject seriously, they go hand in hand on this one, right?
edit on 28/1/16 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: Ghost147
That wouldn't be the bronie vs furries one, would it? I remember posing a video about otherkin the other day.

The very same!

I mentioned other kin first!

Already put that achievement on my resume

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Droogie

I get your point.

But I also recognize that our brain is a fascinating thing, and who's to say that she doesn't experience this to be real. That this simply is her reality. Maybe it's not a delusion, maybe it's not a disorder, maybe she is genuinely a cat. Perhaps she was born with the soul of a cat?

I realize this sounds totally ridiculous, and that these questions make myself sound crazy. But this is a wacky story, and I feel entitled to asking wacky questions. I think we can have some fun while also treating this subject seriously, they go hand in hand on this one, right?

If she were a cat then we would have to place human understanding on a cat. She is clearly a human being, the question is if she is really a cat trapped in a human body. If that were the case then how could she exteriorize the feeling of knowing she was in a human body?

And at the end of the day, wacky is what it is, the question then becomes of course, to what point do we allow wacky to be treated seriously? We do after all allow people to think they are very many things that they patently aren't. So where is the line drawn do you think?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2

This may be true , however , since she does not seem to possess the ability to also function as an alien camcorder I must just dismiss this as a mirror allusion __________________________________________________________

See Here : www.abovetopsecret.com...
( One of the best ATS threads ever)

I absolutely concur, the BEST thread ever about cats!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
How Beautiful and brave....... of # it I cant do it hahahaha

Does she use a litter box?
Hahahaha

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
"I'm a cat....meeooowwwww"

"No, you're insane....SLAP"

Thanks for that.That will have me laughing for days.
Here's Mark calling the Queen.She has cat servants and she herself has goat legs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join