It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What aircraft are actually at Area 51?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: lazyfortress

A tidbit for the new guy, shes not called the TR-3, neither TR-3A nor TR-3B.

The ones who know the real name wont say for good reason and its respectable to not push the subject if certain members give a hint but cannot elaborate further. One member did refer to them as Phantasm which I`m a bit disappointed it didnt stick.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear

A tidbit for the new guy, shes not called the TR-3, neither TR-3A nor TR-3B.

The ones who know the real name wont say for good reason and its respectable to not push the subject if certain members give a hint but cannot elaborate further. One member did refer to them as Phantasm which I`m a bit disappointed it didnt stick.

Here:

[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1019057/pg8#pid18096792]
edit on 1/28/2016 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The Annie Jacobsen's book isn't good in any way. If you look for a great reading, the best option would be all Peter Merlin's books, he is an expert in this term of aviation. His books includes lots of real pictures from inside the base aswell.

There is no such aircraft as Aurora or TR-3. Aurora was a code name for a B-2 program and that's all. There was no aircraft with this name.

This site is one of the best places in aviation and Area 51 terminology. You are in a right place.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
You'll want to read the aviation forum.

Tons of gems floating around here.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Here's what little bit I can share about the topic/Area 51. I have an old friend who works out there in a classified capacity. I can't release a lot of details, but I can tell you two things:

1. My friend works with biological weapons which are (presumably) loaded onto experimental aircraft.
2. My friend claims to have never seen anything of alien origin at Area 51.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeedFanatic

You may actually bump into Peter Merlin around these parts, but it's more likely to happen on the "Area 51 and Other Facilities" forum.

You will learn a lot right here in Aircraft Projects but keep an eye on some of the similar/overlapping forums like Military Projects, Space Projects, as well as Science & Technology. You will also find related items in The Gray Area and Aliens and UFOs l, but you have to put on blinders, be prepared to head into a rabbit's warren and do quite a bit of sifting through the crumbs.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hi, and welcome to ATS! Some people will get annoyed but I love to read the questions pouring out of your head as you learn more about Area 51, you remind me of when I was learning so much and before I got completely confused trying to keep track of so many threads on here. You're going to have a lot of back-reading to do but there are some gems on this board.

First things first, I would highly recommend the website Dreamland Resort for the beginner. It's basically a highly reliable (if occasionally out of date) Are 51 bible. The information is generally reliable with just enough speculation about what might be hiding in those hangars. There are several articles on there about black projects, as well as great histories of the base with information from guys who actually worked there on the A-12 project.

FYI, back to the original question, I don't think the Hopeless Diamond ever flew. The Hopeless Diamond was what the early Lockheed stealth computer program spat out, which the men with pencils and rulers turned into a flying prototype that was Have Blue.

(post by cuntsingmuch removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gfad

Here you have a link to the given site.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeedFanatic

Thanks!!

The two articles I would recommend the most for newbies are probably this and this.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: gfad

Yes, timeline is very helpful for newbies. You can also look at DRL Resort forum, some topics are quite stupid but mostly there isn't any c*ap.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I've got a book here in my "In" tray called Dreamland by Phil Patton. I've not got round to reading it yet but I picked it up second hand somewhere so its probably been out for a while.
Maybe someone here has read it and can advise?
You could look up some reviews to see if its any good.
Hope that helps...a little bit.
Cheers.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
There is this thing called a Q-level security clearance. How many and what are the types of security clearances out there for Area 51?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

IRIDESCENT PHOENIX, PROJECT SONGBIRD, IRIDIUM STARGAZER, and UNOBTAINIUM GRUNDLEPIG. To name a few...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Q-Level is a Dept of Energy Designator. "Quintessential" a.k.a. Nunyabiz...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpecOpPres1

UNOBTAINIUM GRUNDLEPIG.

I like the sound of this one.

Is this an A-10 replacement plane?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

You would be suprised at how mundane duties are here. I wear the dark beret...tis hilarious the stuff ya'll come up with. To let you in on a little secret...it is where they keep the HILLARYBERNBEARPIG, for the upcoming election. Sit back simply know that we will protect you...it is not all sinister....

(post by SpecOpPres1 removed for political trolling and baiting)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join