It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man caught with 2 guns and koran at Hotel Entrance at Disneyland Paris

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kitana
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Terrorism carried out in the name of Islam, is Islamic terrorism. There are 1.8 billion Muslims in the world, and according to all statistics anywhere from 15-25% of all Muslims are radicalized in the name of their religion. This leaves anywhere from 75-85% of all Muslims as peaceful people however, that puts the number of radicals anywhere between 270 to 450 million people who are radicalized in the name of Islam, who likely desire to fight and die for their religious beliefs.

It is an ideology within a religion whose followers nearly equal the population of the United States. This is a very large number of people, who hide behind the peaceful majority. Historically, the peaceful majority do not matter. In WW2 Germany the majority of Germans were peaceful and even though they existed, the radical minority took control and were responsible for millions and millions of deaths. The peaceful majority is irrelevant throughout history, time and time again.

It is time to put an end to political correctness. We MUST learn how to deal with that threat and it is disingenuous and little more than an attempt to sweep the problem itself under the rug to say that there are absolutely no ties with Islam in the minds of those indoctrinated to radical Islam. We all understand most Muslims are peaceful, but when the numbers of radicals are so large and all Islamic terror attacks worldwide (an estimated 19,000 since 9/11 world wide) have been carried out in the name of the religion of Islam, with history showing us the irrelevance of the peaceful majority, we must face the fact there is an ideological connection in the minds of the radicalized minority, whose sheer number is a force to be reckoned with.

Anyone in France having a number of unlicensed weapons on their person has committed a crime. Most people do not commit such crimes without the intent of getting away with an even greater crime. For someone to say they had a Quran therefore there lies a possibility of this being a thwarted terror attack is doing nothing but addressing facts rather than sweeping the problem under the rug.

Without addressing there is a problem, a resolution to it can never be reached.

I have your solution, and its a very easy solution: quit bombing them, and help them rebuild their country on their terms. I mean, between the US and the EU, we have turned the ME into a jigsaw mishmash of imperial colonialism covered over by 16 years of depleted uranium rounds and bomb craters.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

As you are a moderator I worry about responding, but I do feel this needs one, so I will say this to you.

First, what they want at current moment is Europe. Now, while I don't personally have any interest in Europe I could agree with them on that point, and we could just hand Europe over. Now, I do have a feeling there are some Europeans who might beg to differ, but we are talking about just giving the terrorists what they want.. so okay, Europe it is. However, the difficulty lies in giving them the rest, because after Europe they want the rest of the world, and I do have a vested interest in that so on that point I will say no. I will fight to the death over it. So in the end, we may as well not concede Europe to them either.

I see what you say as more closely resembling stockholm syndrome than anything else. We are in the middle of a war we did not start - no bombs were being dropped on Afghanistan prior to 9/11 and we can do all manner of he said she said, but most of the world did not support most of what happened, so if you want to punish someone punish the ones who caused it and ONLY the ones who caused it and not, say, all of Europe.

Nation building in any respect does not work, and I stand against any aspect of it. If someone went to war against another people then there was a reason, agree or disagree as you will but there was enough of a reason for them to go to war and there is no more costly or time consuming a project as trying to help a new government establish and in most instances fails miserably despite all the help in the world and historically so. So why bother to begin with? Therefore I am against it on all counts. No point throwing tons of money at a bad project that will not work. Plus, I am not planning on giving ISIS or any other terrorist organization anything so they can have a bunch of people to rule.

Stockholm syndrome, I don't have it.

edit on 31-1-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

The most important thing: i am a moderator AND a member. If you ever feel that I, or any moderator, has acted inappropriately, please (PLEASE) alert the site ownership and the rest of the staff. You should never fear responding within T&C's to any member on this forum. And staff are members first.

The nations in the middle east exist as they are today due to Europe and the US. That is where all these problems really start (although the roots go back further). The EU was all up in the area long before 9/11. 9/11 (and the Tunnel Attack, and Madrid) are all BECAUSE of our actions in the decades prior to 9/11.

Then we (yes, we) decide to get rid of Qadhaffi, for some unGodly stupid reason. And then we decided to go after Assad, for even more Ungodly stupid reasons. Its not like the people of Syria were milling around paradise, and happened into Europe just out of sheer curiosity.

When my own countrymen were ranting about how we shouldn't take in refugee's, i told them the exact same thing. My position on what terrorism is has not changed in years: WE caused it by screwing around with borders and governments in the area for at least 60 years. Before that, it was all Europe, with the colonialism that had the region under a boot.

Should we be constantly looking over our shoulders? yup...but its well deserved.
edit on 1/31/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

If you want to say all of our nations actions in the last hundred years are to blame and so we deserve what we get, is to deny the fact that Islam as a political entity tried to take over the entire world and did come very close to success. He said she said can go back a long way, at some point it either stops, or it doesn't and we have another world war.

They have to take responsibility for themselves at some point. At some point it is to them to decide if they are willing to live with the world in peace as a whole, or if they are going to instead have war. The ones who say war, it is in our interest to defend ourselves against, because we must protect ourselves and our children. They wont take care of us nor are the benevolent rulers they want you to believe.

It's time for Muslims to stand against the factions who want the world war. None of us can do it for them.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The thing is: everything today is a direct result of colonialism and everything that has come since (especially Israel's creation)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I have your solution, and its a very easy solution: quit bombing them, and help them rebuild their country on their terms. I mean, between the US and the EU, we have turned the ME into a jigsaw mishmash of imperial colonialism covered over by 16 years of depleted uranium rounds and bomb craters.

"Them"? "Their country"? Which country is it you desire to stop bombing and turn into a garden paradise? "Them" and "their country" are a bit vague. Could you be more specific? Do you mean Syria (since the refugees are alleged to be Syrians)? ISIS seems to own a large part of Syria at the moment - but that part isn't "Syria", it's "The Caliphate", I.E. another country, "not Syria" one might call it. Do you mean other parts of Syria (other than the caliphate)? How long do you suppose it will be before the caliphate owns the rest of Syria?

Where do you propose these folks go when the caliphate comes for Europe? After all, they ran and hid from fighting for "their own country", what makes anyone think they'll stand and fight for Europe? What can Europe expect from them in that event? to see their shiny hineys running away again?

Or will they stand and embrace their invading bretheren, turning out to be nothing more than the advance guard?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

The thing is: everything today is a direct result of colonialism and everything that has come since (especially Israel's creation)

Why stop at colonialism (which has been waged by both sides, by the way - I can only assume that you are referring to "western" colonialism, and are ignoring Islamic colonialism), I'm genuinely curious - why stop at that point and call it the source, ignoring what went before?

There is a reason that the Caliphate has vowed to retake Andalusia, Rome, and France, among other places. Note well that I said "retake" - "western" colonialism is by no means the root of the problem or the beginning of it. It was, in fact, a reaction to a whole 'nuther font of colonialism.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
The hysteria in this thread is astonishing.
I mean, we don't even know if this is terror related at all as the article says. who the fudge goes on a killing spree with two handguns ?

If we're making a list, can we start with the Virginia tech killer?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Things is: I don't recall the US or anyone else bombing the ME before they bomed NY on 9/11. So I think it's a mistake to pin the blame for the shambles of the modern ME on the West. Syria is a mess of it's own making - basically a civil war brought about by the Arab Spring reaction in that country. Appeasment and PC hand wringing simply plays into the hands of Islamic militantcy IMO.
edit on 1-2-2016 by jimbo999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

The most important thing: i am a moderator AND a member. If you ever feel that I, or any moderator, has acted inappropriately, please (PLEASE) alert the site ownership and the rest of the staff. You should never fear responding within T&C's to any member on this forum. And staff are members first.

The nations in the middle east exist as they are today due to Europe and the US. That is where all these problems really start (although the roots go back further). The EU was all up in the area long before 9/11. 9/11 (and the Tunnel Attack, and Madrid) are all BECAUSE of our actions in the decades prior to 9/11.

Then we (yes, we) decide to get rid of Qadhaffi, for some unGodly stupid reason. And then we decided to go after Assad, for even more Ungodly stupid reasons. Its not like the people of Syria were milling around paradise, and happened into Europe just out of sheer curiosity.

When my own countrymen were ranting about how we shouldn't take in refugee's, i told them the exact same thing. My position on what terrorism is has not changed in years: WE caused it by screwing around with borders and governments in the area for at least 60 years. Before that, it was all Europe, with the colonialism that had the region under a boot.

Should we be constantly looking over our shoulders? yup...but its well deserved.

We can argue endlessly about who did what to whom and when. History has an unending list of countries invadng other countries - in the ME, Europe, and even the US for that matter. Rome invaded the UK in around 55 BC - does that mean that Britain is owed reparations from Italy? How many countries has Egypt invaded? How about Iraq and Iran? Europe is currently under invasion by a hostile religeous movement. I don't think anyone would deny this. Even the Germans and the Swedes are now coming to this realizaton. If you are a muslim and you walk into Disneyworld, France,with two guns and a Koran in your bag, you can expect an unpleasant reception- and rightly so. War has been declared on the West by radical Islam - therefore we are on a war footing.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Colonialism has been going on for thousands of years. Europe did not invent it. China is the latest adherent in the Colonial sweepstakes... Murderng innocent people in the thousands because you have an historical beef with a country is dangerous and stupid. Radical Islam has hundreds of millions of followers all hell bent on the destruction of the planet's most advanced civilization. They must be eradicated or the world risks plunging itself into another Theocratic Dark Age.

Israel has an historical claim to the area it currently occupies. They predate the Palestinians in the area by thousands of years. Again, we are back at that "Historical" blame game.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Or she was a lady of the night and she's on to her next job.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

BFFT,

I applaud your responses 100%.

I completely agree with your assessment on the US's involvement in the ME since WW2 and the subsequent unrest and outright hatred toward the US as a result. This is what never ever comes up in the MSM. We are always fed some BS about terrorists hating our freedom. As if that even makes any rational sense.

I truly believe the proof is in the pudding and what the US has been doing since the early 90s is essentially letting our all foreign policy fall under the premise of "ensuring we have an enemy to justify future defense budgets". An ever increasing defense budget. All under the guise of "building freedom".

No one is stating that the US or the EU has what is coming to them. Only that the western powers involvement is what has DIRECTLY led to this situation. The situation that the US government creams its pants over. This is the most ideal situation for not only the largest defense budget, but one which exponentially grows.

The US is wonderful at creating enemies while smelling like a rose to it's own citizens. Wave the flag, speak of freedom and order those billion dollar jets.
edit on 3-2-2016 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join