It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump. A different take.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
In no way do I speak for others that support Trump. My take only.

I started in my younger years supporting the Democrats. I ended up an admirer of Reagan and his positive rhetoric and as a result, a Reagan Democrat, broadly speaking. That morphed into an increasing disaffection with the Dems and announced/realized I was more a Republican than a Democrat. After Reagan's departure, years of frustration resulted. Increased disaffection with the acts/non-acts of the establishment and continued moving to the right. Lately, the Tea Party resonated more and more.

Then Trey Gowdy announced for Rubio. That was bad enough. A Tea Party leader supporting and campaigning for the heir apparent for the Establishment replacement for Jeb Bush?? Worse, zero backlash from other Tea Party leaders in either house!

Being old enough to be cynical, I was now disaffected right across the boards.

It's hard to ignore Trump. LOL. (That's his intent.) Outside the N.Y. area, not much was or is known about him-even NY Democrats are rather fond of the guy and is seen as an individual that gets things done.

We can agree, I believe that business as usual is a non-starter. There are no guarantees from any candidates, yes? What they say and what gets done are two different things. Trump is surely not a business as usual candidate. He isn't diplomatic in the slightest. (What has diplomacy gotten us other than bad deals, so no loss there) He strikes me-and others-as an individual that cares not one whit if he steps on toes to get a result. Where the Republican Party is scared spitless by the news and social media, Trump manipulates it. He uses it for his own agenda.

He strikes me as apolitical. (To be fair, neither the right nor the left have all the right answers. A good president should be free to select options outside the party dogma/agenda.) He will not be influenced by party whip types unless it benefits him.

Some see him as one of the elitists. I disagree with that premise...however, assuming that it is the case, then that makes Trump the 'john' not the hooker. The 'buyer' not the 'seller' that fills our political system. I will take him over those that are obviously 'bought', be it by outsiders or their own party's agendas and whips.

Some think him overly egotistical. Really? Tell me anyone who runs for President isn't egotistical and that it isn't a prerequisite to the job. The different being Trump is forthright and the rest feigned humility.

Could I be wrong about the man? Absolutely! I feel little hope that this mess can be fixed by anybody, anyways.

I would go 'all-in' with Trump...I think....

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Do you actually know anything about Trump? Are you a fan of his shrewd/cut-throat business practices? Is your opinion based on talking points or facts, and if the latter would you mind sharing some of the ones that you have learned/remember?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Well said!

I think you hit most of the points a little of Trumps followers are thinking.

Hard to deny the reality.

Status quo politicians are what everyone is tired of, with them we get more of the same, which is what most folks don't want any more of, hence Trumps numbers.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Whatever Trump "was" as far a political beliefs etc, went out the window when he, like many of us, saw what the hell is going on with the USA under Obama (the Numb Nut).

When you see him interact with people, he is legit. Especailly vets. I firmly believe he has the best intentions on helping the people of America-but it will be a hard road. That is why we need to support him all the more.

To me. This picture says one hell of a lot about the man-it moved me. I hope it does you as well.

That's why he is doing tonights VET fundraiser instead of Fox's debate.

Where would you rather see him?

Why do you think they don't show the MASSIVE crowds at his events, pics like the one above etc. Because they (MSM) know he is the one to beat.

I think he should start his own TV channel and start showing everything the MSM won't.

edit on 1/28/2016 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I feel a similar way about Trump. I have this fantasy of him giving weekly Presidential Addresses calling out members of the Senate and Congress for taking handouts and stalling progress of the nation. Addresses that don't just brag or talk about what he is or wants to be doing, but informing Americans of what their elected officials are really doing behind the scenes and condemning it.
Lately though, some of his antics are getting on my nerves a bit.
I saw on his twitter that he threatening to pull out of the race and sue Apple if they don't take a game off the App store before it gets 10 million downloads.
The game is called Trump Dump or something like that. You basically just drop fake poop on his head in the game.
Either way, go Trump. Lets shake this nation up a bit.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

There are many problems with political rhetoric in general and Trump has a surprisingly short list of caveats considering his rambunctious bellowing vitriol. But, they are doozies.

We on the so-called "right" tend to understand that government's job is not to slather the electorate with buttery honey blossoms. However, there is a section of the camp that buys into the idea that government can be run "like a business", it can not and should not try to do this.

Therefore, the whole of his experience is essentially inapplicable. We do not want to continue the cronyism of which he has been a part, willing or unwilling. We want to dramatically reduce the footprint of government, not make it more efficient. Government cannot, by definition, make a profit.

Besides not being "conservative" by any real measure, the other disquieting factor is his massive holdings and business empire, all of which would have to be put into trust for the duration of his time in office.

Maybe he would be a great commander in chief during wartime, I don't really know. He does have a certain Pattonesque quality to his magniloquence.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
At some point...maybe when it gets to general election time (when he needs to start appealing to a broader audience)...I hope that he will/can reign in his rhetoric. Unfortunately, I am not sure if he can contain himself.

For example, he has a battle going with Fox's Megyn Kelly (and now Fox in general), and doesn't want to subject himself to her sharp lines of questioning. Ok, fine, his prerogative. But did he really need to Tweet out "I refuse to call Megyn Kelly a bimbo..."

That's just undignified, and unnecessary.

Another thing I wish he would back away from is his insistence ( I have heard him say it in at least three interviews) that the U.S. should just "go in and take the oil" to somehow get repaid for the high costs of having to police the Middle East. I cannot think of a single other thing that the U.S. could do that would more inflame the Jihadi movement than that!

I would hope, also, if he ever does become President, that he would not engage in Tweeted insults and put-downs of other Nation's leaders if/when they displease him (which they inevitably will).

I guess it will be interesting to see if his rhetoric and bombast will subside and mature, once the Republican Primary gets down to just a couple of contenders...and then into the actual election season.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Do you actually know anything about Trump? Are you a fan of his shrewd/cut-throat business practices? Is your opinion based on talking points or facts, and if the latter would you mind sharing some of the ones that you have learned/remember?

I know little about the man, truth be told. I rebut, I know little about any of the candidates. Unless one has a personal relationship, one is restricted to media portrayals, filtered and rarely objective.

I did listen to a Interviewer out of San Diego who was describing a lengthy personal interview he had with Trump. He had information on how he was viewed in N.Y.C.. He stated that Trump was credited with the resurgence of the city even more that Giuliani. That it included N.Y. Democrats. He cited Central Park issues that sat undone for years and 6 mill in the hole which he fixed in 6 months

It is safe to say I treat the media reports with extreme skepticism knowing full well he has disaffected the major Corporations with his border stance and those corporations largely control the media...including Fox.

At a guess, 90% of my support is based on intuition based on 65 years of learning the hard way whom to trust, initially, and who to view with reservation.

In really doubt any of us can honestly operate any other way when it comes to presidential candidates.

Again, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. LOL. The more the attacks via the media, the more I believe he isn't part of the network. Occam's razor...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: anon72

Well said, sir.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well he has already started makeing promises he cant and never will keep.

I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall.

No Trump mexico will NOT be paying for that wall.

I am sure the USA will build a (useless) wall but it will be the US tax payer that will pay for that wall. Anyone who thinks other wise, well all I can say is DERP DERP.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I just find it astonishing that a professed liberal and Clinton supporter can so radically change into an almost right wing conservative, in such a short time.
Trump is a brilliant man and knows how to manipulate any and all situations to his benefit. Witness his almost cult like devotee followers that "go off" on Trump skeptics. What's up with that?

Idk what Trumps ultimate strategy is but there is more to his candidacy, than meets the eye.

I haven't unfurled my "i told you so" banner yet but it's within easy reach.
edit on 28-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'm just going to say this. I've worked with enough people who have Narcissistic Personality Disorder to know they can't be trusted. When they find something better or more appealing in the way of personal benefit, they leave whoever has been good to them devastated, feeling used -- and they never look back.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

There are many problems with political rhetoric in general and Trump has a surprisingly short list of caveats considering his rambunctious bellowing vitriol. But, they are doozies.

We on the so-called "right" tend to understand that government's job is not to slather the electorate with buttery honey blossoms. However, there is a section of the camp that buys into the idea that government can be run "like a business", it can not and should not try to do this.

Therefore, the whole of his experience is essentially inapplicable. We do not want to continue the cronyism of which he has been a part, willing or unwilling. We want to dramatically reduce the footprint of government, not make it more efficient. Government cannot, by definition, make a profit.

Besides not being "conservative" by any real measure, the other disquieting factor is his massive holdings and business empire, all of which would have to be put into trust for the duration of his time in office.

Maybe he would be a great commander in chief during wartime, I don't really know. He does have a certain Pattonesque quality to his magniloquence.

^^^
Exactly.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: Wayfarer

I know little about the man, truth be told. I rebut, I know little about any of the candidates. Unless one has a personal relationship, one is restricted to media portrayals, filtered and rarely objective.

I did listen to a Interviewer out of San Diego who was describing a lengthy personal interview he had with Trump. He had information on how he was viewed in N.Y.C.. He stated that Trump was credited with the resurgence of the city even more that Giuliani. That it included N.Y. Democrats. He cited Central Park issues that sat undone for years and 6 mill in the hole which he fixed in 6 months

It is safe to say I treat the media reports with extreme skepticism knowing full well he has disaffected the major Corporations with his border stance and those corporations largely control the media...including Fox.

At a guess, 90% of my support is based on intuition based on 65 years of learning the hard way whom to trust, initially, and who to view with reservation.

In really doubt any of us can honestly operate any other way when it comes to presidential candidates.

Again, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. LOL. The more the attacks via the media, the more I believe he isn't part of the network. Occam's razor...

To put your post in a shorter way.

"Im supporting him because I am buying into the hype"

Thats pretty much what you have stated

edit on 28-1-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

One of the thing I learned, this is a few months out of date, he didn't have a campaign manager-apparently, he does now- it was described as a promotion, not a campaign. He was promoting himself as largely he was a unknown outside N.Y..

He is then described as a negotiator. He pointed out that the last majority leader promising there would be no gov't shut down effectively gave Obama carte blanch in that he gave away Congress's leverage on the Executive branch and was a terrible move. One negotiates from the hard point and compromise downward from there.

As far as the corporate cronyism label, I am skeptical for one major reason.

Not one candidate, in either party has exposed the member Corporations in the TPP or it's content. Not a one.

Simply put, the whole batch is treading REAL carefully on that one. Singling out Trump is, by that standard, inaccurate, in my books. Besides, as I stated in the OP. If he is a 'buyer' that's a damn sight better than being bought....

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Occam's razor...

Actually Ockham's Razor says that in the age of media deception the MSM know full well that the people will in this day and age do the exact opposite that they tell them for the most part...

So their lambastating of Trump is just an insidious recruitment tool by TPTB.

Trump is a bully, and he wouldn't spit on his followers if they were on fire unless there was some benefit to him.

Grade A Narcissist.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I hear 'ya and lots of Americans hear you, too.

The media and Donald haters focus on his bombastic in-your-face rhetoric, but I have read in the past that he is a very kind and generous person in his core.

His children love him immensely and have so much respect for him. That speaks volumes for me!

He doesn't advertise it, but there are dozens if not hundreds of personal accounts out there of Donald's acts of kindness. And he is totally color blind in that regard. But, you won't hear the msm talk about that.

I, personally, am glad he is apolitical in some respects. We need somebody that is not confined to a particular box and can see a bigger picture than just a D or R hard nose line.

edit on 28-1-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I find Trump boorish and egotistical. However, I find most billionaire types to not be the most personable. They can be gruff and too the point. That is just a character trait of successful Type A personalities. With that said, I agree with Nwtrucker's sentiments.

Trump really is a moderate and you'd think he'd appeal to liberals too. Even though he is a straight up capitalist, you know he also sees how unbridled globalism is bad for the American worker. Our blue collar guys cannot compete with people making living on rice bowls and $2 a month.

I also like the fact he isn't in bed with the nutters on the religious right.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

He is outside the box isn't he. I support his decision to boycott Fox. they are biased from what I can see. One doesn't start or get into a scrap where your chances of winning are slim. I see that as a sign of smarts. Lord knows there's a shortage of that in D.C..

As far as that oil issue in the ME goes, I completely agree with him. If you recall, the anti-war crowd used-and still use- it's about oil..on and on. Bush, stupidly, proved them wrong by not getting any oil perks from Iraq. Considering the financial cost of it, that's the least that Iraq should have done in payment....if we had stayed long enough to leave a stable country that was self-sustaining and secure, that is.

Bottom line, I give this guys mulligans for his rhetoric SOLEY to the perception he's outside the political and economic trap/mechanism.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

We shall have to agree to disagree. Unlike most on the left, I give a little more credit to the average citizen finally becoming more disaffected with our political machine.

Still, you could very well, be right. Anyone who claims certainty is full of it, in my not so humble opinion...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join