It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nathan Deal warns lawmaker who confessed to passing along medicinal pot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
When the law is unjust, civil disobedience is a DUTY (not just some "option").....If you remain silent, you are complicit in these crimes against those suffering.

Rep. Allen Peake has my support and my respect for this one.

Will you speak up and join the fight against these criminals who withhold life saving and life giving medicine from us so they can profit? Or will you remain silent and continue to cover your eyes and ears? If you remain silent, there is blood on your hands and I honestly hope you do not sleep well at night until you come to your senses.

Source

The governor said it was “problematic to say the least” when he read that state Rep. Allen Peake told the AJC’s Political Insider that he’s getting medical marijuana from states where it’s legal and bringing it across state lines for a child suffering from debilitating seizures. What he described could be considered a felony in the eyes of federal and even local prosecutors.

Peake had this to say...

“We made sure families that were properly registered with the state have gotten the product that they needed for their child. “Listen, I made a commitment to these families when I got involved, that I was willing to do whatever it took make sure they had access to a product from a reputable manufacturer. I’ve made good on that promise. If it involved civil disobedience, it’s been absolutely worth it…. “I got a text this morning from the mother of a young child who I delivered product to, and the heartfelt thanks from this mother, the difference in this child – the increase in cognitive ability, the reduction in seizures, has been worth every bit of risk that I’ve taken.”

But it’s still illegal to cultivate marijuana in Georgia, which means families have to trek to Colorado and other states that have legalized the drug for medical purposes. That makes travel a tricky prospect, since most states, as well as the federal government, make possessing the drug a crime.

This in and of itself is a crime against those suffering. No one should have to "break the law" simply to provide life saving and life giving medicine to themselves or those they love and care for. The real criminals are those who deny the right of others to obtain this medicine legally.

I'll leave it at that, as I just wanted to post this to support Rep. Allen Peake and his decision to be civilly disobedient. He has put himself on the line here and I support him 110%.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
While the cronies profiting from prohibition attempt to buy time while their cronies within "big pharma" attempt to create synthetics and derivatives they can patent and charge their prices (whatever they want) real people are suffering. Real people are speaking out about the healing abilities of cannabis for so many issues.

This is a crime against humanity itself and proof positive that the medical establish gives not one uck about our health or our well being. They care about profits, and if you don't know this I implore you to do your homework. Silence is consent. If you remain ignorant because you choose not to hear the pleas of those suffering, I really don't know what to say to you.

We cannot allow these criminals to continue attempting to criminalize us for seeking treatment outside their "network". We MUST make a stand (and it is happening)....I am not a criminal because I choose this over their "medicine", which often makes one sicker and dependent.

*Rant over, because I could go on and on and on

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Totally agree.

Thats why it shouldn't matter who's president or what the current laws are in your area.

Use your moral compass and keep it to yourself for your own sake.

If morally it is right to do something, then it really doesn't matter if the State deems it to be wrong and illegal.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
No blood on my hands, just a lot of shake.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Sounds like a great man.

Living in Utah now and they have been discussing medicinal cannabis but with the religious entrenched in most state and city government I'm not holding my breath.

Going to Oregon next month to start growing! Super excited.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Marijuana is an attempt for excused laziness. I bet nearly half those who are "in pain" only want it for recreational purposes.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Oh it's not even cronies with Big Pharma riding this gravy train. In states where the voters have voted-in medical cannabis (please don't call it marijuana --- that's a pejorative term) a disproportionately large number of permits for growers and dispensaries are being snapped-up by well-connected, affluent 'players' since they see the fortunes to be made. Many of the new states' laws are written to require outrageous bonds and other requirements to prevent any but the most well-to-do or well-connected people fro passing muster. A long time friend of mine who seriously looked into getting into it said he was amazed at the number of 'former' justice/law enforcement types that were getting the permits. The 'big' guys always win. They make the rules.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

Stereotype much?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
Marijuana is an attempt for excused laziness. I bet nearly half those who are "in pain" only want it for recreational purposes.

is being lazy a crime?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Wow! I'm kinda taken back by all this.
If one was to ever pick a just cause to practice civil disobedience...
This would be it!

The world needs to be shown that the prohibition on this plant is a crime against humanity. Depriving someone of a safe natural medicine purely for profit, then to offer a dangerous synthetic as a substitute is inhumane. I now practice civil disobedience by simply going to work and it's been most rewarding experience of my life.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Use your moral compass

Absolutely agreed.

keep it to yourself for your own sake.

While I agree (and it's just commonsense really) and apply this, for the most part, in the real world, I have a hard time always doing that. That silence feels like consent to me. I cannot idly stand by while people suffer (myself included) and pretend it's going to get any better if we just "hide" our activities. Lives are destroyed because of these unjust and inhumane laws and consequences or not, I cannot remain silent.

I have some pictures on fb of me arguing with a local cop about this exact issue...lol. I know, not really bright, but that's been a few years ago. The level of ignorance amongst some is beyond astounding. He tried to argue that "what if someone smoked a joint and killed his family" (I sh*t you not)....I asked him about alcohol and the fact that a lot of crime involves it. He told me "alcohol is not a drug because they drank it in the bible times" (again, I sh*t you not)...I have multiple witnesses to this. One of them was even trying to get me to leave it alone because they felt I would be targeted for making this guy look like an a**....of course, like I said, that was some time ago and thus far I haven't had a bit of problem, but I keep to myself and don't get out much and am very cautious when "holding", so.....there is that.

If morally it is right to do something, then it really doesn't matter if the State deems it to be wrong and illegal.

And that is exactly why I cannot remain completely silent on this issue. I have decided that if consequences come, I will take it before my peers, plea my case, and let the chips fall where they may. Things are changing swiftly and the more of us speaking out the less time it's going to take to educate the people. We have to combat the propaganda coming from the other side (heck, it's even right here in this thread...I won't give them the time of day to address it though)

Of course, I say all this with not much to lose. I have no children and not much at all really.
I understand not everyone is in such a situation and cannot be as open as they would like to be.

The least we can do is bring the medicinal value to the minds' of those unaware.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

with the religious entrenched in most state and city government I'm not holding my breath.

Same here in VA. See my last post about the religious and the stuff some of them believe about cannabis.

There is some legislation being worked on to decriminalize small amounts, but to me it makes no sense to fight for this. What right do they have to fine me for possessing a medicine they deem "unfit" or "not medicine"?

I cannot support decriminalization when the state can still seize my medicine and then claim I am the guilty part and can levy fines against me. I have been arguing with "Roanoke NORML" about this issue because they seem to support this decriminalization garbage and see it as a "first step"...it is not. Not in my opinion.

Without access to medical cannabis or complete legalization, I am not on board.

Going to Oregon next month to start growing!

I have a cousin in Alaska who is a military vet (desert storm) who suffers from PTSD and some other problems and he hopes to be able to grow and open a dispensary. I have somewhat of a "green thumb" and have been offered a job growing for him, but the laws there are shifty at the moment and it's not as simple as some thing. I'd up and move in a heart beat if/when everything is squared up.

I wish you luck.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

(please don't call it marijuana --- that's a pejorative term)

Absolutely agree, and you will note I make it a point not to use that term.

Many of the new states' laws are written to require outrageous bonds and other requirements to prevent any but the most well-to-do or well-connected people fro passing muster. A long time friend of mine who seriously looked into getting into it said he was amazed at the number of 'former' justice/law enforcement types that were getting the permits. The 'big' guys always win. They make the rules.

Oh, hell yeah. I agree. And it is something else I am often vocal about. Those who for many years, in many ways, have profited from the prohibition of cannabis are now seeking (and are) making a killing growing/selling/attempting to control the market.
I have a pretty extreme stance on this ilk that many won't agree with, but I've posted it here before. They are criminals against humanity and should be treated and punished as such (that's all I'll say in this thread..lol...and that hemp makes some really good rope
)

No one who has supported (especially for profit) this inhumane prohibition should be allowed to profit from any form of legality, medicinal or otherwise. Big pot cannot be allowed to take over. It's a hard one to sell though. People get all excited about potential legalization (medical and otherwise) and forget the bigger picture. Glad you see it.

Heck, I don't even care about making any money. I just wanna be left alone to grow enough for myself and those I "gift" it to. I don't want to have to be all paranoid just because I grow a freaking plant that's never killed a soul (I don't grow at this time).....Just leave me alone, let me make my own medicine, and I'd be fine.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Wow! I'm kinda taken back by all this.

I know, right?
Blew my mind. A state rep. doing THIS....

A lot of respect for this guy, a lot. He really is putting his a** on the line. We need more like him. Sadly, big money interests make sure these types are few and far between. But, the time is coming....

The world needs to be shown that the prohibition on this plant is a crime against humanity.

You're damn right it is.

Depriving someone of a safe natural medicine purely for profit, then to offer a dangerous synthetic as a substitute is inhumane.

Inhumane and criminal. A crime of the highest order. They should be treated as such.
I harp on this all the time. We can't just allow these people that have created so much suffering so they could profit to walk away from this freely (or to themselves profit from legality)....they must be prosecuted. My stance on that is extreme (see previous post) but I am willing to go with the prison route for them. It is the least we could do for those they have causes so much suffering for and for all the lives they have ruined by criminalizing and imprisoning otherwise decent people for possessing and utilizing this wonderful, healing plant.

I now practice civil disobedience by simply going to work and it's been most rewarding experience of my life.

That's awesome.
I've thought so much about it. I have family here in VA that are elderly and disabled that I take care of, or I'd be out of here in a heartbeat. If I could convince them to move, I would. Otherwise, I'm just going to have to suffer and wait. I refuse to turn my back on them after all they've done for me over many years.

If I could, I'd be doing the same at this very moment.
For now, I just have to practice my civil disobedience here, only aiding myself. I will not be silent on the issue though, no matter how much it pisses off the religious ilk and the propaganda programmed in my area.
I want to help others find relief as well........maybe someday.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I wish someone would just extract the CBD from hemp so these children can get their medicine.

top topics

join