It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden to Expel Up to 80,000 Refugees

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: TheTory

You weren't aware of it, because they are not taking them. They have taken zero. Oh, did I say zero? I meant to say ZERO.

The Syrians who are there have lived there for years - decades, and are all 'Saudi-ized' by now. The Saudi's are not taking refugees from the current crisis.

Not that it isn't possible but do you have a source for that?

I wouldn't be surprised one of the worst countries in the world wouldn't but it seems like several publications didn't fact check and all copies each others story.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The UN, EU, CAIR, ACLU will all work together to make it illegal for the swedes to do this.

Besides, in reality, even if the logistics of flying them is possible......the logistics of chasing them down, fighting with them, arresting them, holding them, fighting with them all the way to the plane, dragging them onto and off of the plane.....likely impossible.

The swedes would have to grow a second set of cajones and care not about that caterwauling of progressives, as they introduce cracking skulls, chain gangs, chasing 'em around with dogs, tear gas and tazers, etc. Maybe they can use that subsonic crap-yer-pants speaker lol.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

They will not as they do not have legal ground's to do so, Sweden is a sovereign nation and has the right to expell non citizen's, the number it takes in is far above it's legal requirement under internation refugee law anyway and these are FAILED asylum seekers.

The EU will likely back off as public opinion in Sweden is that they want out of the EU anyway but like all EU member state's the politicians are on a good gravy train and so do not want to leave the EU, the EU will back off because it does not want the already rocking boat rocked any more which would be the inevitable outcome.
edit on 28-1-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Yes, I've looked at it closely. There are Syrians there who have been there for years and years, and some reports are claiming those numbers. The Saudi's do not deny they are not taking them, for reasons given as too much "culture clash". They have sent money, and offered to build mosques in Germany. That's all folks.

It depends on which source you read, and I think the one you posted is one of the few ones who try to make it appear they have taken refugees from the current crisis. They are not. But if you read between the lines, they mention Syrians living there, and no, they don't call them refugees, because they aren't.

Look at some of the maps offered on each country, and how many refugees they have taken. Saudi inevitably has big fat goose eggs.

I didn't bookmark any of those maps/lists, but bypass the one you did read, and read the others links. I've seen the one you posted, as because of the wording, it typically comes up first on a search.

Also, they are not denying it, and display no shame for not helping. Saudi can't be bothered with other people's problems. You've seen pictures of the empty tent cities which could take over one million of them, I'm sure.

edit on 1/28/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
lol @ "culture clash" from one ME country to the other. But not from ME to europe and US.

Hey, good for the Saudis....they're probably correct in saying that. It's europe's and US fault for claiming that no such thing exists.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

To my knowledge the Saudis agreed to take only Sunni Muslims and have paid to ship refugees to other neighbouring countries. See this article for more on why they aren't taking their fair share. It should also be rembered that unlike the Wahabbi Arabs the Syrian Muslims were quite liberal and Westernised, and probably wouldn't want to go to Saudi anyway
Bloomberg View

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Yes, I've looked at it closely. There are Syrians there who have been there for years and years, and some reports are claiming those numbers. The Saudi's do not deny they are not taking them, for reasons given as too much "culture clash". They have sent money, and offered to build mosques in Germany. That's all folks.

It depends on which source you read, and I think the one you posted is one of the few ones who try to make it appear they have taken refugees from the current crisis. They are not. But if you read between the lines, they mention Syrians living there, and no, they don't call them refugees, because they aren't.

Look at some of the maps offered on each country, and how many refugees they have taken. Saudi inevitably has big fat goose eggs.

I didn't bookmark any of those maps/lists, but bypass the one you did read, and read the others links. I've seen the one you posted, as because of the wording, it typically comes up first on a search.

Also, they are not denying it, and display no shame for not helping. Saudi can't be bothered with other people's problems. You've seen pictures of the empty tent cities which could take over one million of them, I'm sure.

Then just provide sources. It says here they deny they haven't helped refugees or accepted them. www.washingtonpost.com...

I truly am just asking to see the source since media often parrots one article without checking facts.

The other source was from a UN rep. Yes s there would be a culture class women in Syria could go to college alongside men and even be in parliament.

The stories I've read from your presentation say migrant workers who's visas have run out. Thats not the same as people living there for years. It is hard to judge because Saudia Arabia isn't part of the UN charter.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Zero refugees

Leading NGOs which have worked closely with refugees are fiercely critical of the Gulf states.

The executive director of Human Rights Watch, Kenneth Roth, lashed out at them on Twitter, captioning the photograph of an overloaded migrant vessel with: “Guess how many of these Syrian refugees Saudi Arabia & other Gulf states offered to take? Zero.”

www.euronews.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

dailycaller.com...

Overall, they are not treated as 'refugees' by UN specifications. It's more of a slave thing, and they deport the ones they let in who won't do the work they assign, or discuss things they don't want discussed. Such as the Syrian Refugee crisis.

Anyway. I could do this all day. But I'm not going to.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Zero refugees

Leading NGOs which have worked closely with refugees are fiercely critical of the Gulf states.

The executive director of Human Rights Watch, Kenneth Roth, lashed out at them on Twitter, captioning the photograph of an overloaded migrant vessel with: “Guess how many of these Syrian refugees Saudi Arabia & other Gulf states offered to take? Zero.”

www.euronews.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

dailycaller.com...

Overall, they are not treated as 'refugees' by UN specifications. It's more of a slave thing, and they deport the ones they let in who won't do the work they assign, or discuss things they don't want discussed. Such as the Syrian Refugee crisis.

Anyway. I could do this all day. But I'm not going to.

Your source
Textdmittedly, while the Arab states of the GCC might not have officially resettled any of the Syrian refugees, it would be incorrect to say that Arab states have not received any of the millions of Syrians who have been displaced since the civil war began.

Personally I think all state aid should stop from Europe and the US until the gulf states clean up human rights records and accept refugees.

It's no wonder the more moderate Lebanon, Jordan, and Turkey are taking millions of refugees.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I don't think I've ever made such a mess of a post in all my life. I've been trying to clean it up, and add some more links, but it is now FUBAR so I've deleted it. I think I must have copied an entire magazine, complete with vids and ads.
What a mess. It was a mile long, grrrr.

I think the overall point is, there are Syrians in Saudi, but they are not privy to laws pertinent to refugees. Saudi plays by it's own rules only. So at last, you are correct in saying they are there. But the way they are there.... is odd. Not right. On Saudi's terms only.

Let me see if I can get in one last link....

www.cnn.com...

I appreciate your patience while I've made such a mess of this post, although thankfully you didn't have to see most of it.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I don't think I've ever made such a mess of a post in all my life. I've been trying to clean it up, and add some more links, but it is now FUBAR so I've deleted it. I think I must have copied an entire magazine, complete with vids and ads.
What a mess. It was a mile long, grrrr.

I think the overall point is, there are Syrians in Saudi, but they are not privy to laws pertinent to refugees. Saudi plays by it's own rules only. So at last, you are correct in saying they are there. But the way they are there.... is odd. Not right. On Saudi's terms only.

Let me see if I can get in one last link....

www.cnn.com...

I appreciate your patience while I've made such a mess of this post, although thankfully you didn't have to see most of it.

That I agree with. But I wouldn't expect anything different from them. The rulers barely act human as it is.

Let's be honest would a refugee be any better off in Saudia Arabia anyway? Certainly not the women girls or boys.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray
lol @ "culture clash" from one ME country to the other. But not from ME to europe and US.

Hey, good for the Saudis....they're probably correct in saying that. It's europe's and US fault for claiming that no such thing exists.

Syrians were far more liberal than the Saudis. Syrians actually allow women to work with men, got to college with men, they can't be married until 17, rape is actually a crime etc. The people who are making trouble are not your typical Syrians. Europe just decided to open its doors with out discrimating who the people were. Of course since the war plenty of people have been turned into psychopaths from the carnage. So its a tough screening.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
That will be hard to do once it gets approved. But its a good starting point. The utter stupidity of European countries for letting them in is mind boggling. Let muslim countries let them in. Thats where they belong. With their people. They don't want to assimilate all they want is a free handout and to take advantage of the system. Then when they get the free food and water they deny it and want money. When they don't get money they rob vandalize rape and pillage.Yeah its sad. Send them all back. Guess what Europe doesn't have housing for their own people! Let alone millions of muslims who do not want to be part of the European culture. Sand, goats, misery and oppressive religion with no free will or tolerance send them back.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Late to the party ... but mine is a voice of approval.

Let common sense prevail.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I suspect the real problem is that they have nothing they can do with all these extra people because they can't offer them jobs and the arrange all the facilities required is nothing but investment which isn't going to earn the country a return fast enough to pay for these people's upkeep.

I suspect also they have realised that if you leave religiously bothered men idle - you will have nothing but trouble and they are already causing this. Your only answer is to slowly and relentlessly deport and stop others arriving.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Sweden is known for it's laid back tolerance towards just about everything. If they have come to the conclusion it's time to close the curtain to refugees, the rest of the world needs to take heed and act as well to expel the poison within their countries and get their borders shored up.

It would be different if these people wanted to start a new life and assimilate, even somewhat, to a new home in a new country. But these people, many of them, have an agenda. They have been met with little resistance and it will be very difficult to now weed them out and send them packing. Sweden has been taking in refugees for years. Now will come all the battles with children born in Sweden.

The bad dream has now turned nightmare.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Interesting,i'm South African and have'nt heard of this. Ungrateful yobbos

But i think it's because of the general anti-white sentiment in my country,the attitude in general and nurtured by the government too,is that whites should pretty much just be thankful to be alive,and deserve to have nothing aside from oxygen.

Anyway Sweden made a mistake,good on them for starting to rectify it.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
this is just damage control for the socialdemocrats who lost 15% of their voters since they came into power.
this will never happen.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Thing is just what else could they do with the failed asylum seekers anyway? Surely its the correct thing to do. I don't know what Sweden's criteria is for asylum but as has been said before, they can't house them feed them give them jobs or just about anything, they've hever been prepared for such an eventuality. There are STILL refugees/migrants living in tents out there in minus degrees. It can only be better surely to go back to their own country where their own Governments & infrastructure can take care of them

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

No wonder they are flooding into Europe, with many pinpointing the UK.

as a favourite final destination ...

# accommodation ...

# welfare ....

# human rights ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join