It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden to Expel Up to 80,000 Refugees

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
a reply to: luthier

Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey have taken millions.

Obviously. The Syrians will be better off in those countries.

Maybe so. Time will tell. I was just pointing out that most of the six million refugees are in fact in the gulf states. Even Saudia Arabia has a couple hundred thousand.

The problem is if their infrastructure collapses the problem keeps compounding.

Unfortunately there is no magic bullet here. The west should have done more for the peace process rather than egg on the opposition. Assad may be a monster but the unknown is no better and the war itself is the biggest killer.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I was posting on what I knew about,I didn't hear until now about these countries.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I was posting on what I knew about,I didn't hear until now about these countries.

Not blaming you at all. The propaganda on either side is overwhelming.

It's also ok to protect your society from harm. Like you said earlier there is no real solution here that doesn't have hard choices. It's extremely complex. I think Europe made terribly naive mis steps. Assad should never have been forced to leave as a pathway to peace. Just look at the consequences.

We should have never made Saudia Arabia an ally without demanding steps in human rights. That would have helped reformers of Islam not get beheaded in public.

Here is an article of interest. Side note I hate salon and they usually write scathing articles about Sam Harris and his "islamaphobia". This is an interview. www.salon.com...
edit on 28-1-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

The expulsion is for failed asylum seekers only and will likely take several years using chartered private planes (so also horrendously expensive), I suspect they are hoping these failed asylum seekers will see reason and move out of sweden of there own accord but it is just as likely they will go to ground.

Also remember official statistics are often a white wash and the true numbers far higher.

This is a knee jerk reaction by swedish politicians to the growing anger of the swedish people over the abuse of there country and of there once legendary humanity and tollerance.

This is just the start though and it has it's root's in the fact that one of the nicest, kindest and most tollerant people's in europe welcomed refugees and other immigrant's with open arms only to have there hand's burned by those immigrant's, there daughters raped and called whores and an alien culture and religion forcible take over entire inner city's culminating in Muslim youth's trying to burn down the historic heart of one of Sweden's most historic city's in the process causing irreparable damage to the very history of there host nation.

Remember though as these 80.000 are slowly removed (if they ever are?) far more will likely arrive each year of the several years it takes to remove just these, a start but not enough by a far way's.

At least the swede's have started the ball rolling however which is a hell of a lot more than most european country's, I never thought I would find myself agreeing with a Czech prime minister but Milos Zeman spoke the truth.
www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Good for them.

Let's hope they and the world learns from their mistakes.

I know how callous that sounds, but when doing good deeds result in negatives for those who already have roots and are the ones providing the ability for the good deeds to happen, that is the time to undo the deed. Sometimes the brain is needed more than the heart at this point.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Maybe so. Time will tell. I was just pointing out that most of the six million refugees are in fact in the gulf states. Even Saudia Arabia has a couple hundred thousand.

Unfortunately there is no magic bullet here. The west should have done more for the peace process rather than egg on the opposition. Assad may be a monster but the unknown is no better and the war itself is the biggest killer.

Turkey, Jordan and Lebanon are not Gulf states.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well, when they go around raping and killing people in the name of Allah, they should be sent home.

Unfortunately it will take several years to ship them out and by that time many would have either gone someplace in Sweden where they can't be found or would go to another Country (again where they can't be found).

Get ready for terrorist threats!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Turkey, Jordan and Lebanon are not Gulf states.

OK. They are direct neighbors.

The gulf states can be found here.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Saudia Arabia is now estimates to have 420,000 Syrians. The other gulf states are on the list

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I'm aware of what the gulf states are: the countries bordering the Persian Gulf.

Where are you finding these estimates? I ask because Saudia Arabia has not signed the UN refugee convention.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I'm aware of what the gulf states are: the countries bordering the Persian Gulf.

Where are you finding these estimates? I ask because Saudia Arabia has not signed the UN refugee convention.

Click the link.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

It's tough to say. From the article you linked:

The BBC reported that "despite their proximity to Syria, no Syrians claiming asylum have been taken in by Saudi Arabia or other wealthy Gulf countries."[134] The BBC also reported that "most successful cases are Syrians already in Gulf states extending their stays, or those entering because they have family there."[135] There are conflicting reports of Saudi Arabia's version. According to the The Guardian, "Saudi Arabia has said reports about its response to the Syrian refugee crisis are "false and misleading" and it has in fact given residency to 100,000 people as war rages in their country. No Gulf country has signed the UN Convention on Refugees, which sets standards for the treatment and rights of those fleeing to a new country."[136] According to the UNHCR's representative for the Gulf region, there are 500,000 Syrians in Saudi Arabia, but in "official documentation they are referred to as "Arab brothers and sisters in distress"" and not as Syrian nationals.[137] While Al Jazeera and Arab News, on 12 September 2015, reported that Saudi Foreign ministry official says nation has received nearly 2.5 million Syrians since 2011.[138][139] Though there were no evidence to authenticate this statement or prove it.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

It's tough to say. From the article you linked:

The BBC reported that "despite their proximity to Syria, no Syrians claiming asylum have been taken in by Saudi Arabia or other wealthy Gulf countries."[134] The BBC also reported that "most successful cases are Syrians already in Gulf states extending their stays, or those entering because they have family there."[135] There are conflicting reports of Saudi Arabia's version. According to the The Guardian, "Saudi Arabia has said reports about its response to the Syrian refugee crisis are "false and misleading" and it has in fact given residency to 100,000 people as war rages in their country. No Gulf country has signed the UN Convention on Refugees, which sets standards for the treatment and rights of those fleeing to a new country."[136] According to the UNHCR's representative for the Gulf region, there are 500,000 Syrians in Saudi Arabia, but in "official documentation they are referred to as "Arab brothers and sisters in distress"" and not as Syrian nationals.[137] While Al Jazeera and Arab News, on 12 September 2015, reported that Saudi Foreign ministry official says nation has received nearly 2.5 million Syrians since 2011.[138][139] Though there were no evidence to authenticate this statement or prove it.

Fair enough. It also says this.

According to the UNHCR's representative for the Gulf region, there are 500,000 Syrians in Saudi Arabia, but in "official documentation they are referred to as "Arab brothers and sisters in distress"" and not as Syrian nationals.[2]

I agree they could do more. I have zero respect for Saudia Arabia.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I would not pilot any of these flights even with a copius amount of "danger" money..

Many of these "refugees" will simply end up tying up the system for years with appeals stating they are under the age of 18 etc.. Every loop hole will be used and no doubt there are lawyers standing by to take on cases.

I am all for helping true refugees but what are people from Morocco and Algeria doing entering anywhere illegally and not being turfed straight out. The Police have little or no powers to deal with them and the immigration service at least in the UK is only interested in dealing with people that do things by the book and try to enter legally, I know as I have been put through the system in my current situation..

It all sounds good on paper but the reality is that this current situation is here to stay sadly..

RA

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
About time the lunatics in power started to wake up, and the lunatics who voted the lunatics into power woke up, muslims have always hated Christians, even before the muslims fought Christians(who were there first) for control of the 'holy land' 'holy'? really? soaked in blood land more like.
While I think of it, for over 2,000 years Jews have lived in the land know known as Israel, they have more right to it than anyone else I can think of.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Good catch on this news story.......I'm genuinely surprised Sweden is doing this.

The US should help them out! We could easily send them to Flint Michigan and/or Detroit. No one would even notice! Yea, the water may suck, but hey......how good could the water have been in their home countries?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Fair enough. It also says this.

According to the UNHCR's representative for the Gulf region, there are 500,000 Syrians in Saudi Arabia, but in "official documentation they are referred to as "Arab brothers and sisters in distress"" and not as Syrian nationals.[2]

I agree they could do more. I have zero respect for Saudia Arabia.

Yes I wasn't aware that they were taking in immigrants, if indeed they are. Thanks for sharing the information.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I do care about the children,there isn't anything I can do! You can't provide
care packages and other food aide because the people who need it won't
get it.
I have already watched many videos on what is going on over there.I did
post earlier that they are eating dogs and cats.You know things are bad when
muslims' are eating dogs.
So,what is the solution to this problem?I can't think of any.

Then don't add to the BS that is flying around by stating the following 5 posts earlier :

They are eating dogs and cats and after they are gone it will be
people.
The only thing is about 80% of these "refugees" are military aged men!
These men should be taking care of their own instead of fleeing to
another country.They are parasites in their host countries by living
off their welfare systems and bleeding these countries dry.

Not one single fact, all assumption intended to inflame attitudes. By the way which side should those "military aged men" fight on? Do you have the ultimate guide to the "good guys of Syria" in order to determine who you fight with. That in itself assumes fighting resolves problems, which it only does if it results in total surrender, which won't happen any time soon. What happens to the families of these "fighters", the women and children where do they go, are they safe in Syria without the men to protect them from the other men on the other side(s). Seems to me there is lot of abuse of women and children going on.

Oh and there we have the 1930's Nazi Germany de-humanisation technique by calling them "parasites". Sieg Heil.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Yes I wasn't aware that they were taking in immigrants, if indeed they are.

You weren't aware of it, because they are not taking them. They have taken zero. Oh, did I say zero? I meant to say ZERO.

The Syrians who are there have lived there for years - decades, and are all 'Saudi-ized' by now. The Saudi's are not taking refugees from the current crisis.

edit on 1/28/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/28/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Heeey, what's with these formerly beautiful loving euros, going all racist and hateful all of a sudden ?

That's no way to start a nirvana utopia that lives free of money, hunger, and gravity.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join