It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden to Expel Up to 80,000 Refugees

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I think he was referring to those who Sweden are expelling....those that fail asylum criteria not necessarily the actual Syrian refugees.

This is so much shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted....now they are going to be tasked with trying find all those that have absconded and gone into hiding

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I already know that there are terrible things happening over there.
They are eating dogs and cats and after they are gone it will be
people.
The only thing is about 80% of these "refugees" are military aged men!
These men should be taking care of their own instead of fleeing to
another country.They are parasites in their host countries by living
off their welfare systems and bleeding these countries dry.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Good for Sweden.

They have a lovely country and have a great thing going. Dont ruin it by takeing in hords of barbarians.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
but they are still taking refugees?

Most of those for deportation are not going to be caught.

essentially create an illegal immigrat class like the usa.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I already know that there are terrible things happening over there.
They are eating dogs and cats and after they are gone it will be
people.
The only thing is about 80% of these "refugees" are military aged men!
These men should be taking care of their own instead of fleeing to
another country.They are parasites in their host countries by living
off their welfare systems and bleeding these countries dry.

Then I see your mind is made up. I'm not talking about the criminal element, I'm referring to the people who previously lived in the devastated areas shown in the video I just posted, of which you hopefully watched although I get the feeling you didn't. You don't need to watch no stinkin ' video!

Maybe 'you can't handle the truth". I thought I'd give it a shot.

~~~Of course I have concern about what is happening, and the "Trojan horse" scenario has not escaped my notice. But that does not negate the fact there are truly people who need shelter from the devastation in Syria.

Maybe a little compartmental exercise for your brain.

(a) There are those who need to be protected from the nightmare that used to be their homes, until Assad starting killing their children with chemicals, and the civil war turned their cities into rubble.

(b) and there are those who need to be sent home as quickly as we can get them on a plane.

No country has to be 100% falling all over themselves to make accommodations, But likewise nobody has to be 100% in favor of adopting a whole nation either.

edit on 1/28/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I think he was referring to those who Sweden are expelling....those that fail asylum criteria not necessarily the actual Syrian refugees.

I agree. The people who have turned to crime need to be evicted. Swedes have rights too.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I do care about the children,there isn't anything I can do! You can't provide
care packages and other food aide because the people who need it won't
get it.
I have already watched many videos on what is going on over there.I did
post earlier that they are eating dogs and cats.You know things are bad when
muslims' are eating dogs.
So,what is the solution to this problem?I can't think of any.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
What happens when they refuse to get off the plane when they arrive back where they came from?
Will their home country send troops to forcibly remove them from the plane? or maybe their country doesn`t want them back and will refuse to allow the plane to land?

will the American liberals learn anything from this or will they continue to insist that America accept all the "refugees" that want to go to America?
edit on 28-1-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I think the point is not many true refugees have come to Europe, in fact only 20% are Syrian and even then that is in doubt because of false papers and passports.

Everyone knows there are millions of true syrian refugees but the majority have stayed in camps in Lebanon etc.

What annoys normal citizens is that Europe have just made it a free for all for criminals etc from Pakistan, Somalia, Eritrea. At best they are economic migrants and at worst jihadist terrorists. They are taking the places of genuine refugees.a reply to: ladyinwaiting

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I think it might alleviate some of the problems by bringing refugees into neighbouring countries so that they can remain closer to their homeland, or in countries of a similar culture and climate. But countries like the Gulf states have refused these people asylum with very little criticism, whereas Europe has opened its friendly doors.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I know. I feel impotent too.

My church is still sending clothes and food, and although we reportedly have a 'contact', we can't be certain it is being distributed the way we would like, but they are certain to not receive anything if it's never sent. We decided we must at least try. I sent 11 pairs of lady's jeans, and I don't even know if the women are permitted to wear jeans.

No doubt it is a monster of a crisis and not much the average American Joe/Jane like us can do about it.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

A brutal sectarian and civil war is occurring in central and northern Africa, attracting very little media attention. I would wager most immigrants are coming from that area of the world.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Can we even be certain what country many of them originate from in the first place? So many without any papers they could quite possibly name any country as "home"

One thing I'm fairly certain of, is as this news spreads to the refugees, those that know they won't be accepted will run, hide or they will plan retaliation en mass in some way shape or form they certainly will not just sit idly by and wait to be deported.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
They'll probably try to send them to Canada. That's great. We have lots of warm clothing and would be happy to re-settle them. In Churchill Manitoba.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

CNN news reported yesterday that ISIL actually has somewhat of a 'factory' now where they are manufacturing Syrian passports. So all is not well.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Oh yes,they have opened their friendly doors and now look what has happened
since then! You should know there is a problem when the countries bordering
these refugees refuse to help.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Cynic

They'll probably try to send them to Canada. That's great. We have lots of warm clothing and would be happy to re-settle them. In Churchill Manitoba.

I believe Canada is accepting Syrian families only. We already have some here out west. As a matter of fact I was just sitting on a park bench with a newly arrived Syrian mother and father while their children were playing in the park this morning. We chatted about what they thought so far and they love it here, and are grateful they can now live in peace. Their children were laughing and playing, which for them is probably rare.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Good for Sweden. I hope they continue and repent for their sins against their citizens.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

I think it might alleviate some of the problems by bringing refugees into neighbouring countries so that they can remain closer to their homeland, or in countries of a similar culture and climate. But countries like the Gulf states have refused these people asylum with very little criticism, whereas Europe has opened its friendly doors.

Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey have taken millions.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey have taken millions.

Obviously. The Syrians will be better off in those countries.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join