It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump Accepts Cruz’s Debate Invitation, Pro-Cruz Super PACs Are Willing to Make This Pledge

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

A chess game?

Trumps method for a chess game is to smash the board with a hammer........

If there is no up side, why do a thing at all?

Actually theres an upside in every aspect.....if there was no upside, then why is trump doing his own thing instead of the debate

Again cognitive dissonance.......

Or are you admitting that Cruz would slaughter him in a one on one?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Phoenix

Really? whats his contributions to vets? Actions speak louder than words

Yea, I'm curious about this as well. I don't recall any bombastic and outraged speeches about our failing VA centers, a problem that has literally transcended every modern Presidency.

I guess actions do speak louder than words. Back in July:
"Donald Trump is rallying the troops.

Literally.

His campaign announced Thursday the formation of a new coalition: "Veterans for Trump."

In a press release distributed by Trump's campaign, it states that the group consists of veterans in New Hampshire who have pledged support for Trump in the primary.

"Our Veterans are incredibly important and I'm proud to have the support of this coalition, especially in New Hampshire, where if I am elected I will build a full-service, first-class VA hospital to ensure all New Hampshire Veterans received the care they deserve," Trump said in the statement.

The press release also references actions made earlier this week by Trump to reach out to the veteran community, including the creation of a veteran hotline and email address specifically for veterans to "share their stories about the need to reform our Veterans Administration." "
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Sargeras

A chess game?

Trumps method for a chess game is to smash the board with a hammer........

If there is no up side, why do a thing at all?

Actually theres an upside in every aspect.....if there was no upside, then why is trump doing his own thing instead of the debate

Again cognitive dissonance.......

Or are you admitting that Cruz would slaughter him in a one on one?

The Donald would steam roll Cruz not because of any actual answers mind you but pure showman ship bluster and deflection, he would come out looking like an alpha dog and Cruz looking like a puzzie..

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

So Trump's support of veterans is going to get us one new hospital in one state? And it appears the reason they are getting that hospital is because they support Trump's presidential run and not because it would be the right thing to do.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I can't wait for all the Trump haters now bitching when Hillary is POTUS. She'll be 10X worse than Trump could ever be. At least he's obnoxious out front. Hillary is a behind-your-back sneaky criminal. When Trump goes third party, it's going to guaranty a Hillary win.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
I can't wait for all the Trump haters now bitching when Hillary is POTUS. She'll be 10X worse than Trump could ever be. At least he's obnoxious out front. Hillary is a behind-your-back sneaky criminal. When Trump goes third party, it's going to guaranty a Hillary win.

This is called a distraction and deflection. Having trouble arguing the points of the topic? Bring up someone or something else that is the basis for a whole other conversation. Standard propaganda technique.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

So Trump's support of veterans is going to get us one new hospital in one state? And it appears the reason they are getting that hospital is because they support Trump's presidential run and not because it would be the right thing to do.

I just provided a source to counter your assertion about Trump's non-involvement with the VA. Even one new hospital would be more than any other candidate is proposing. I wasn't aware you are moving the goal posts.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Hillary will not be POTUS that job belongs to the Burn..

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I just provided a source to counter your assertion about Trump's non-involvement with the VA. Even one new hospital would be more than any other candidate is proposing. I wasn't aware you are moving the goal posts.

Well I hesitate to call that "support"... It's more like a business deal Trump is offering to buy votes from veterans. Also you are wrong about other candidates:
Sanders: Caring for our Veterans

Amid reports of unacceptable wait times at many VA medical facilities last year, Sen. Sanders spearheaded a bipartisan effort to pass the most comprehensive veterans’ legislation in decades. The landmark Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act increases accountability within the VA and ensures that all veterans have access to timely health care.

The law written by Sanders strengthens the VA health care system by authorizing 27 new medical facilities and by providing $5 billion to hire more doctors and nurses to care for the surging number of veterans returning from wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. It provides incentives to attract young doctors to the VA. It makes it easier for some veterans to see private doctors or go to community health centers, Department of Defense facilities or Indian Health Centers. It expanded VA educational benefits and improved care for survivors of sexual trauma while serving in the military.

Sen. Sanders wants to build on a program he has championed in Vermont, where the National Guard operates an innovative outreach program to provide pre-deployment and post-deployment support to family members and service members. This effort has been hugely successful in terms of making sure that veterans know about and receive the health care, mental health counseling, family assistance, transition assistance and other benefits they need to make sure they can live a healthy and productive life.

Moving forward, Sen. Sanders wants to expand veterans’ benefits by making comprehensive dental care available to all veterans at VA medical centers, and by expanding caregiver provisions. He believes we must do more to meet the mental health needs of our veterans, especially those who have served in harm’s way. We must fully restore cuts to military pensions that were insisted upon by Republicans in the last budget deal.

I don't know about you, but that seems to be a BIT more than one hospital in one state.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

This is called a distraction and deflection. Having trouble arguing the points of the topic? Bring up someone or something else that is the basis for a whole other conversation. Standard propaganda technique.

No propaganda, just reality. Trump will never be elected POTUS. Hillary is the chosen one, she can do no wrong even after she's done everything wrong. I'm just pointing out that everything bad about Trump is obvious in your face, while Hillary, who will be the next POTUS for eight years, is way worse. At least no Americans have died because of Trump's mistakes.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Well I hesitate to call that "support"... It's more like a business deal Trump is offering to buy votes from veterans. Also you are wrong about other candidates:

Amid reports of unacceptable wait times at many VA medical facilities last year, Sen. Sanders spearheaded a bipartisan effort to pass the most comprehensive veterans’ legislation in decades. The landmark Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act increases accountability within the VA and ensures that all veterans have access to timely health care.

The law written by Sanders strengthens the VA health care system by authorizing 27 new medical facilities and by providing $5 billion to hire more doctors and nurses to care for the surging number of veterans returning from wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. It provides incentives to attract young doctors to the VA. It makes it easier for some veterans to see private doctors or go to community health centers, Department of Defense facilities or Indian Health Centers. It expanded VA educational benefits and improved care for survivors of sexual trauma while serving in the military.

Sen. Sanders wants to build on a program he has championed in Vermont, where the National Guard operates an innovative outreach program to provide pre-deployment and post-deployment support to family members and service members. This effort has been hugely successful in terms of making sure that veterans know about and receive the health care, mental health counseling, family assistance, transition assistance and other benefits they need to make sure they can live a healthy and productive life.

Moving forward, Sen. Sanders wants to expand veterans’ benefits by making comprehensive dental care available to all veterans at VA medical centers, and by expanding caregiver provisions. He believes we must do more to meet the mental health needs of our veterans, especially those who have served in harm’s way. We must fully restore cuts to military pensions that were insisted upon by Republicans in the last budget deal.

I don't know about you, but that seems to be a BIT more than one hospital in one state.

Wait. You were talking about Trump, which I was addressing. Now you're bringing in Sanders? And to think, you just accused me of distraction, deflection, and propaganda. And I was wrong about the candidates. I should of specified GOP candidates.
edit on 1jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

The Donald would steam roll Cruz not because of any actual answers mind you but pure showman ship bluster and deflection, he would come out looking like an alpha dog and Cruz looking like a puzzie..

I would have to agree. Trump is the king of B$ and has no problem disagreeing with his previous self to get the punchline out in perfect timing and for the crowd to eat it up.

He does not hold himself or constraints himself to anything he said a second ago. Its hard to lose when you make it up as you go along.

On the other side cruz is a B$ as well, but not at Trump level B$ing.

Cruz worst nightmare is likely that Trump accepts.

The only thing that makes me happy in this , is that Rubio is being left out.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

No propaganda, just reality. Trump will never be elected POTUS. Hillary is the chosen one, she can do no wrong even after she's done everything wrong. I'm just pointing out that everything bad about Trump is obvious in your face, while Hillary, who will be the next POTUS for eight years, is way worse. At least no Americans have died because of Trump's mistakes.

Trump is going to be the next President of the United States.

Hillary must answer for her crimes. Cruz is a fool. Bernie is old.

Don't listen to six people on ATS trying to force an anti-Trump agenda.

He has support where it matters...With the American People.
edit on 28-1-2016 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Wait. You were talking about Trump, which I was addressing. Now you're bringing in Sanders? And to think, you just accused me of distraction, deflection, and propaganda. And I was wrong about the candidates. I should of specified GOP candidates.

Actually you made a claim about Trump's support for veterans versus other candidates' support for veterans and I gave you an example of one other candidate who happens to support veterans more thoroughly than Trump does. It is actually a very pertinent point to what we are discussing. How else should I have gone about disproving that false claim?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Not only that their heads will explode when uniparty arranges a judge to rule Cruz ineligible at a convenient time and all his delegates are taken at RNC convention to nominate Jeb Bush ensuring a win by DNC.

As I said up thread to Cruz fan, the RNC would like nothing better than to get rid of Cruz and Trump. I'll add that Cruz is the easy mark in that regard.

That Cruz presented a false choice just seals his appearence of dishonesty in this matter and many others that I'm aware of,

For awhile I too was taken in by his fast talking say what ya want to hear message - no more!

edit on 28-1-2016 by Phoenix because: Crazy phone

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That's exactly what it is and is trumps mo

If you comply I'll help. If you don't I'll destroy

Support me and I'll do one thing. If not you get nothing

That's not compassion that's control

It's how a king controls his surfs

edit on 1/28/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Trump is going to be the next President of the United States.

Hillary must answer for her crimes. Cruz is a fool. Bernie is old.

Don't listen to six people on ATS trying to force an anti-Trump agenda.

He has support where it matters...With the American People.

I'm an abashed Trump supporter but also a realist. I could only hope your scenario pans out. But even though I agree Hillary must answer for her crimes, since she's the anointed one, I'm pretty sure TPTB will ensure she snakes through the process unscathed. I'm afraid now's the time for the first woman POTUS, since she was trumped (pardon the pun) back in '08 for the first black POTUS. They will want to continue the agenda for the next eight years.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

This is why I'm so concerned about a Trump Presidency. Government isn't ran by the business deal. It doesn't run under the principle of "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours." If it did, only the rich and connected would ever get support from the government... Promising rewards for your vote just shows the kind of Presidency we can expect from Trump.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Really! so you are claiming Cruz made the invite to Trump prior to the Pac lining up the venue and promising to front the cash.

How convenient, but unlikely any where close to the truth. I guess its sort of like getting loans from the bank wink, wink.

The voters will decide and as far as I can tell by polling are doing it by a wide margin vis a vis Trump vs Cruz.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

Really! so you are claiming Cruz made the invite to Trump prior to the Pac lining up the venue and promising to front the cash.

How convenient, but unlikely any where close to the truth. I guess its sort of like getting loans from the bank wink, wink.

The voters will decide and as far as I can tell by polling are doing it by a wide margin vis a vis Trump vs Cruz.

Pretty easy to prove. Look at when he made the challenge. It's been two days before they said they would back it up w donating to vets.

You're reaching again. Placing your supposition in place of facts

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join