It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump Accepts Cruz’s Debate Invitation, Pro-Cruz Super PACs Are Willing to Make This Pledge

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

A pair of pro-Ted Cruz super PACs pledged Wednesday evening to donate $1.5 million to veterans charities if Republican frontrunner Donald Trump accepted Cruz’s invitation to a one-on-one debate.

Looks like its time for Trump to put his butt where his mouth is....

Not only has he been challenged by Cruz , after threatening to back out of the FOX debate, to debate him one on one, his people and his super pacs have addressed Trumps directly on the issue of Veterans

Trump , after cowering out of the debate because FOX wouldnt get rid of Megan Kelly, also said he was doing it for the troops...

Well looks like Trump can have his cake and eat it too, seeing as how this would happen on a Sat, he can avoid the FOX debate, and still debate Cruz one on one on Sat....

They have already reserved the place

Will Trump man up, take the debate, AND raise money for the troops, or will he make yet another excuse to meet this challenge head on?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

A pair of pro-Ted Cruz super PACs pledged Wednesday evening to donate $1.5 million to veterans charities if Republican frontrunner Donald Trump accepted Cruz’s invitation to a one-on-one debate.

Looks like its time for Trump to put his butt where his mouth is....

Not only has he been challenged by Cruz , after threatening to back out of the FOX debate, to debate him one on one, his people and his super pacs have addressed Trumps directly on the issue of Veterans

Trump , after cowering out of the debate because FOX wouldnt get rid of Megan Kelly, also said he was doing it for the troops...

Well looks like Trump can have his cake and eat it too, seeing as how this would happen on a Sat, he can avoid the FOX debate, and still debate Cruz one on one on Sat....

They have already reserved the place

Will Trump man up, take the debate, AND raise money for the troops, or will he make yet another excuse to meet this challenge head on?

Lol!!!

Trump is smart, he has nothing to gain by going to the debate on Fox. But fox has a lot to lose by him not showing up.

They are projected to lose millions in add revenue alone because most won't even watch it now that he isn't going.

Guess maybe their moderator shouldn't have helped coauthor hit piece on him a week before the debate huh?

That shows clear bias, and Megan Kelly should not be moderating it then.

As to Cruz.

You do know that by the rules any candidate that participates in an unsanctioned debate is thereby excluded from all future sanctioned debates right?

No?

Then maybe educate yourself before trying trash somebody on a subject you know nothing about.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

Trump is smart, he has nothing to gain by going to the debate on Fox. But fox has a lot to lose by him not showing up.

I thought this was for the troops?

Guess maybe their moderator shouldn't have helped coauthor hit piece on him a week before the debate huh?

Can you provide proof of this "hit piece"? Last I checked truth had no agenda

They are projected to lose millions in add revenue alone because most won't even watch it now that he isn't going.

Not everything is about money, should we be elected a man as president that values the dollar over people?

You do know that by the rules any candidate that participates in an unsanctioned debate is thereby excluded from all future sanctioned debates right?

And yet the challenge stands........

Then maybe educate yourself before trying trash somebody on a subject you know nothing about.

Interesting attempt at attacking me, I didnt write the piece I just added the relevant commentary.....

I think my post history over the last 8 years on this site is testament that I most certainly am not uneducated in the realm of politics

Nice shot though

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This got interesting ,well played Cruz, if he back down then he looked like an unpatriotic azz if he does then he must admit to being handled, if he accept and loses then things will quickly unravel...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I thought this was for the troops?

Can you provide proof of this "hit piece"? Last I checked truth had no agenda

Not everything is about money, should we be elected a man as president that values the dollar over people?

And yet the challenge stands........

Interesting attempt at attacking me, I didnt write the piece I just added the relevant commentary.....

I think my post history over the last 8 years on this site is testament that I most certainly am not uneducated in the realm of politics

Nice shot though

Lol at Ted Cruz and his sorry 1.5 million dollar taunt.

If trump accepted he could not debate any more period in sanctioned debate for the remainder of the election cycle.

That is dumb.

Trump is going to bring in way more than 1.5 million tonight in his fund raiser, and he is going to donate more than that himself.

It is a ploy that idiots eat up, but smart people see right through.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
This got interesting ,well played Cruz, if he back down then he looked like an unpatriotic azz if he does then he must admit to being handled, if he accept and loses then things will quickly unravel...

Which is why I believe he wont accept, he knows he will lose....again Cruz is definitely not my first choice, but there is no doubt the man is a great debater.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

No candidate would ever accept that stupid offer.

It is political Theatre nothing more.

If Cruz was patriotic and cared about the troops why not donate it tonight during trumps fund raiser?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Which is why I believe he wont accept, he knows he will lose....again Cruz is definitely not my first choice, but there is no doubt the man is a great debater.

I won't deny Cruz is a great debater, but that is not the reason trump won't accept.

Would you guarantee you could not enter another sanctioned debate the rest of the election, for 1.5 million donation?

No?

Why?

Because you aren't stupid either?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Lol at Ted Cruz and his sorry 1.5 million dollar taunt.

So youre saying that 1.5 million dollars isnt a decent amount of money to give to the troops to help? Do YOU have that much money to give?

If trump accepted he could not debate any more period in sanctioned debate for the remainder of the election cycle.

You dont think that if Trump accepted that they would allow that to happen? As you said earlier its all about money, you know they would.

That is dumb.

Thats subjective, I could put forth a laundry list of things regarding Trump that I believe are "dumb"

Trump is going to bring in way more than 1.5 million tonight in his fund raiser, and he is going to donate more than that himself.

So if hes so selfless and this is about the troops why wouldnt he partner with Cruz for an event like this that is sure to bring in much more?

No this isnt about helping anyone, this is all about Trump, Trump is always only about Trump

It is a ploy that idiots eat up, but smart people see right through.

Smart people that apparently cant see through Trump?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

No candidate would ever accept that stupid offer.

It is political Theatre nothing more.

If Cruz was patriotic and cared about the troops why not donate it tonight during trumps fund raiser?

Nice counter punch if the Donald is making his own fundraiser , he can say nope! I gave at the office now bugger off..

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Apparently no he won't take up the offer

Tom Llamas ‏@TomLlamasABC Trump camp tells me Cruz offer to debate 1on1 is "a desperate attempt to gain more publicity" -"super PAC money is"dirty money" @ABCPolitics

It's a shame both Republicans and Democrats have these rules regarding sanctioned/unsanctioned events

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Would you guarantee you could not enter another sanctioned debate the rest of the election, for 1.5 million donation?

What choice would they really have when the top two contenders for the nomination decide to step outside of the lines

You really think the RNC is going to revoke their eligibility to do so? What leverage would they have?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I like this idea and eagerly await Trump's response.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I like this idea and eagerly await Trump's response.

LoL I think we both have a pretty good idea what that response will be my friend

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Trump is sitting in first place. He has nothing to gain from any more debates. Cruz is desperate to try to climb in the polls. If Trump starts to dip in the polls his campaign staff will advise him on what to do. It's hilarious to say he's chicken or a wimp for not accepting a lost/lose situation.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Trump could easily counter with, "Well, if you have money to help veterans, then why haven't you spent that money already to help veterans rather than using said money for a political campaign?"
Nothing sticks to Trump even when he steps in it up to his nipples...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I don't like trump and think he would make a horrible and dangerous president, but in that first debate with her I think Trump got the better of her.

I seriously doubt it has to do with any fear of confronting Megan Kelly.

If anything this could be a PR stunt to show how he is anti the establishment and appeasing to the republicans who are sick in tired of the GOP candidates within the last decades.

Stupid enough idea that might actually brilliantly work and increase his poll numbers even more from the PR.

edit on 23131America/ChicagoThu, 28 Jan 2016 10:23:49 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Trump is sitting in first place. He has nothing to gain from any more debates. Cruz is desperate to try to climb in the polls. If Trump starts to dip in the polls his campaign staff will advise him on what to do. It's hilarious to say he's chicken or a wimp for not accepting a lost/lose situation.

How is it a lose lose situation for Trump? He gets more exposure, the troops get more money, and they can raise more for the event?

Are you admitting that Cruz would beat him in a one on one?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Trump could easily counter with, "Well, if you have money to help veterans, then why haven't you spent that money already to help veterans rather than using said money for a political campaign?"
Nothing sticks to Trump even when he steps in it up to his nipples...

Be a good question, but then Trump would have to show the same, and it doesnt look that good for him

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Why doesn't Trump just double the donation. 3 Million isn't much to a man of his stature.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join