It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Accused of ISIS Plot to Bomb Cops Using Kangaroo: Reports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

A teenager discussed packing a kangaroo with explosives, painting it with the ISIS symbol and setting it loose on police, Australian prosecutors told local media.

Sevdet Besim, 19, is accused of plotting a terror attack in Melbourne on Anzac Day — an annual public commemoration of Australia's war dead.

Besim denied four charges of planning a terrorist act during a court appearance on Thursday, the Melbourne Age newspaper reported.

Prosecutors also accuse Besim of communicating with a teenager overseas, as well as planning to run over and behead a police officer on Anzac Day, it said.

Link

I'm sorry but in this day and age where there's bad news all around, this absolutely tickled me as being so ridiculous that it warranted posting. That does not mean that I am trying to downplay the seriousness of ISIS and their attacks, but this little plot just really is way beyond the insane.

Comments?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: annalisa2016

I like this bit from the article

Prosecutors also accuse Besim of communicating with a teenager overseas

So it's a crime in Australia to communicate with people overseas ?

If it wasn't serious it would be quite comical

But I guess it's no different than the wacky animals as weapons ideas that popped up during WW2

Project Pigeon

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
My God, thank you for posting this. I needed a laugh.

I can just imagine, shoving some dynamite into a kangaroo's pouch and releasing it unto the city.

If the Islamic State's Australian branch learns their Aussie history, they'll come to know about the Great Emu War.

The Emus emerged victorious, so perhaps next time the Terrorists could enlist the help of malcontented emus?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Wooops.
For a minute there I thought this was a story from the UK. That kind of attack really would be a surprise!
Is it poor taste to wonder how bouncy an explosive kangaroo might be?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I'd like to see him try and pack a kangaroo explosives and not get his face ripped off..

I am wondering was this just some sort of twisted humour from this young chap.. because only a complete idiot would even contemplate such a ridiculous idea..

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
"OK Muhammad just stick the bomb on the kangaroo."

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I'd pay good money to watch him try.... (not the boom.. setting it up)

Roo's don't cuddle... skippy was a lie
they are a brutal animal when cornered and those legs are like raptor's talons.

We joke about "drop bears".. but trust me.. Kangaroo's are no joke.

that makes me wonder... what were our intel guys thinking when they saw this as a legitimate threat.. it's a joke, it had to be... none here is that dumb. and it's so on the unlikely scale its ridiculous to even entertain it as serious.

Reminds me of the footage from the Indonesia attack the other day.. 2 guys in a clear parking lot hiding behind a car..messing with things they shouldn't, trying to be "terrorist bad guys"... big bang... no more guys... it was rather amusing.. this is the type of thing i need to be worried about....... this is what we need millions of dollars and a shiny new "border force" to protect us from...ok then.... um..
edit on 28-1-2016 by Xarian6 because: .

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

That about sums it up, thank you for posting that.

I.. I... Just cannot imagine what was running through this kid's mind.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
On one hand, I'm like oooo that poor Kangaroo.
On the other hand I'm like, even if this kid could get c4 in the roo's pouch, wouldn't the roo just reach in a pull it out?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
WTH is this???

Not the Roos! Some people's kids....
edit on 1/28/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
WTH is this???

Not the Roos! Some people kids....

That was my thought too..

Not the poor Roos!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

This really shows how insane ISIS can be. Unless this kid sedated the kangaroo, there is no way in hell he would have been able to pack the kangaroo with explosives without him getting brutally kicked. Not to mention, how in the hell would he control the direction once it was released? Sounds like an ignorant 19 year-old terrorist wannabe with a wild imagination.

Now his wild imagination will place him behind bars, good riddance.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

This really shows how insane ISIS can be. Unless this kid sedated the kangaroo, there is no way in hell he would have been able to pack the kangaroo with explosives without him getting brutally kicked. Not to mention, how in the hell would he control the direction once it was released? Sounds like an ignorant 19 year-old terrorist wannabe with a wild imagination.

Now his wild imagination will place him behind bars, good riddance.

I don't know if it's ISIS actually this dumb and insane or this kid's idea of how to serve ISIS, I haven't been able to quite figure out if he wasn't trying to impress them with a stunt that would most certainly get headlines.

Well he got his headlines ^_^

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I really wanna know how this genius plan was supposed to unfold. Was he gonna drive it to the police station or just point it in a direction and hope it ran straight at them or what?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Isis roos, what next.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
I really wanna know how this genius plan was supposed to unfold. Was he gonna drive it to the police station or just point it in a direction and hope it ran straight at them or what?

The article sadly, doesn't give detail as to the mechanics of the plan.

Sad really, I can only imagine the napkins this kid probably drew his plan out on in lunch period.

new topics

top topics

join