It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets ERASE our history!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Wow guys. Calm down. No one is erasing history. The civil war is still going to be taught in school to small children. All of that information and much much more can freely be researched online. The only thing that is happening here is that a city is changing it's appearance to more reflect the current state of mind of the majority of the people that live in the country where it is located.
Not the majority. Just me.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Volchitsa
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Cities are steeped in history. Slaves were used to build the Colosseum. We know now that slavery is a bit of a no-no, but no-one is daft enough to want to destroy the Colosseum because it's history might be offensive to... somebody.

Monuments illustrate a city's history. When I'm walking through a city, I like to see the old bits nestled in with the new bits, I like seeing how it's changed over time. I find this better than getting everything from a book, because it's a real, tangible experience.

Obviously, they could get rid of every old monument and relegate history to confines of a library, but I think that's a big loss.
it's important to see what happened I the past in form that can't bee erased.

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join