It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets ERASE our history!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: wulff

ISIS demolition gangs have been blowing up, destroying and removing ancient archaeological monuments and artifacts in the Middle East for the past 3 years in an attempt to erase history in preparation for their coming delusional global caliphate.

This is acute propaganda - an attempt at changing the history books over coming generations and when governments control the education system and curriculums they also stand a good chance at changing history.

The mysterious destruction of the Great Library of Alexandria, imo, is another example of the establishment perhaps attempting to extinguish from the minds of men, a truth that threatens to destabilize the ruling class's agenda of population control in their quest for power and money.

I Agree it One of the Most Disturbing Moment of thought ,

Muslims did this with ancient Buddhist Statures decades ago ..
The Spaniards did this with the majority of Ancient of Pre Columbia
Statues to Scrolls Tablets and Codex's .claiming it was the devils work
all that ancient writing lost.. what a shame ...
.. and Multiple Ancient Libraries Destroyed During the Crusade Events
as The Library of Alexandria isnt the Only one
although its the most Recognized .. even around 900 a.d.
is the claimed Start of the Destruction all around ancient Persia ..
The Middle East was once the Greatest Center Hub Knowledge
aka Hall Of Records more so then the Library of Alexandria as a few claimed ..

ohh yeah The Ancient 15th to 16th century Briton's Also did Destruction with
its Own Ancient Site mostly Smashing and Toppling the Stones
all in the Name of Christianity as one good Spot ive been focusing on lately is

Avebury ( Late Mediæval period )
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Volchitsa
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Cities are steeped in history. Slaves were used to build the Colosseum. We know now that slavery is a bit of a no-no, but no-one is daft enough to want to destroy the Colosseum because it's history might be offensive to... somebody.

Monuments illustrate a city's history. When I'm walking through a city, I like to see the old bits nestled in with the new bits, I like seeing how it's changed over time. I find this better than getting everything from a book, because it's a real, tangible experience.

Obviously, they could get rid of every old monument and relegate history to confines of a library, but I think that's a big loss.

Well, it's in ultra liberal New Orleans so I don't expect anything rational to come from this, nor do I expect any rational thinking efforts to be put into it. My camp just bought an acre of land off of one of Louisiana's major interstates. We'll be erecting a Confederate Flag on that acre, big enough to see from miles away, in the coming months.

hahahahaha!! GOOD!

Maybe even pick up some a statue or 2?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

We aren't erasing history though. No one is denying that the Confederacy existed or held a significant part of American history. Just like the Germans have kept the reminders of that era, we too have done the same for the Civil War. There are plenty of historic battlegrounds you can visit, museums, history textbooks you can read, historians you can talk too, history departments at colleges that have professors more than willing to talk to you about it, etc.

These statues and icons aren't history anyways. They are just symbols that represent a warped view of history. They idolize the Confederacy while disavowing its dark sides or ignoring them altogether. You won't see someone display a Confederate flag.

So if it offends a few, tear that # down! If two or more people shed tears over it, then remove it. Take a picture, and put it in some museum.

Washington DC is rife with history. A good bit of it from that era in time. Will the bulldozers and backhoes be gassing up to tear it down next? Just how far do we need to go to please each and every precious snowflake?

I'm sorry I just find hypocrisy here in this fake outrage over these statues being removed. These statues never represented real history. Just distorted history made to idolize people and events. I don't see proudly displaying biased history is conducive to learning non-biased history.

I also have no problems bucking traditions. I think appeal to tradition is the weakest reason to keep doing something, so I have no problem taking down historical things if they misrepresent history or idolize dark times. Where are the statues of slave owners whipping and beating slaves?

Why would any be made? Most slave owners didn't whip and beat their slaves. Another distorted lie. Plus most of the slave owners were too old or rich to fight. They just sat back and wrote the Declarations of Secession while the poor boys fought for their own reasons.

Slaves cost money. There is no reason for mistreatment or make them miserable.

People need to look at it from a logical point of view.

Why would slave owners trust them with the children and cooking the family food?

Anyway, I'm not condoning slavery or excusing it or saying anything positive about it, disclaimer in case anyone wants to jump on what i wrote or call me a racist.

And the civil war wasn't about civil rights, it was about money and trade.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

If the north would had let things continue as is No there would not be any slaves these days because it was getting too exspensive compared to a machine called the cotton Gin and other farm technology.

At th eTime it was a unconstitutional act that lincoln undertook with the civil war. Now dont go getting this confused with suport of slavery because i dont support it,but i do support the law and at the time Lincoln broke it(and as th e north were th e winners wrote history as they wanted it to be)

Later on Lincoln using his power made sure th e supreme court(all lincoln apointed and bypassing th e legal representives of the south and ignoring the constitution doing so) made sure to give th e sheeple the appeareance of legalality.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Wait... did someone compare the removal of these monuments to the burning of the Library of Alexandria?

I'm sorry but.... LOL!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

‘The people of the South,’ says a contemporary, ‘are not fighting for slavery but for independence.’ Let us look into this matter. It is an easy task, we think, to show up this new-fangled heresy — a heresy calculated to do us no good, for it cannot deceive foreign statesmen nor peoples, nor mislead any one here nor in Yankeeland. . . Our doctrine is this: WE ARE FIGHTING FOR INDEPENDENCE THAT OUR GREAT AND NECESSARY DOMESTIC INSTITUTION OF SLAVERY SHALL BE PRESERVED, and for the preservation of other institutions of which slavery is the groundwork.

Even after the war, as the Lost Cause rose, many veterans remained clear about why they had rallied to the Confederate flag. “I’ve never heard of any other cause than slavery,” wrote Confederate commander John S. Mosby. The progeny of the Confederacy repeatedly invoked slavery as the war’s cause.

What this cruel war was over

You can believe what you want, but evidence is evidence. Anyhoo, I'm pretty sure removing some statues never equaled erasure from history, like ever. Also I agree with "tradition" being the most terrible reason to ever keep something alive. Haven't you read The Lottery??

Ironically I think a few you are so scared of this because you've witnessed how capable Americans are of erasing OTHER folks histories (like the Native Americans as another poster pointed out).

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Volchitsa

Erase it all! That way when someone refers to White Guilt, you can justly turn around and say, that slavery never happened.

Its a win-win!!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Volchitsa
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Cities are steeped in history. Slaves were used to build the Colosseum. We know now that slavery is a bit of a no-no, but no-one is daft enough to want to destroy the Colosseum because it's history might be offensive to... somebody.

Monuments illustrate a city's history. When I'm walking through a city, I like to see the old bits nestled in with the new bits, I like seeing how it's changed over time. I find this better than getting everything from a book, because it's a real, tangible experience.

Obviously, they could get rid of every old monument and relegate history to confines of a library, but I think that's a big loss.

Well, it's in ultra liberal New Orleans so I don't expect anything rational to come from this, nor do I expect any rational thinking efforts to be put into it. My camp just bought an acre of land off of one of Louisiana's major interstates. We'll be erecting a Confederate Flag on that acre, big enough to see from miles away, in the coming months.

hahahahaha!! GOOD!

Maybe even pick up some a statue or 2?

That would be awesome too...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

It's all about what their revisionist history tells them. Logic isn't required because it negates the unwarranted hatred.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

slavery, logical point of view.

you say you're not saying anything good about slavery yet you just tried to justify it.

to say that white men were nice to their black slaves therefore it wasn't that bad, seems kinda racist, then you say we are not allowed to call you racist. well sir, stop trying to justify it. owning another human as property is wrong, no matter how nice the owner is.

the civil war was fought for many reasons and slavery was one of them. the fact slavery was illegal in northern states, makes slavery a variable in the american civil war.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113

slavery, logical point of view.

you say you're not saying anything good about slavery yet you just tried to justify it.

to say that white men were nice to their black slaves therefore it wasn't that bad, seems kinda racist, then you say we are not allowed to call you racist. well sir, stop trying to justify it. owning another human as property is wrong, no matter how nice the owner is.

the civil war was fought for many reasons and slavery was one of them. the fact slavery was illegal in northern states, makes slavery a variable in the american civil war.

Typical... He stated that they didn't all beat their slaves and gave reasons for his conclusion. Way to miss the boat and completely over speculate.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

and i said it doesn't matter if they didn't beat them. they could have been extremely gentle about their slavery and simply shot them if they tried to leave, which is acceptable because you can do to your property what you wish, like a stapler or a shoe.

the statement slavery wasn't that bad because they're not getting beaten, doesn't justify owning another person.

this is what i get for talking to conservatives, some slave owners weren't that bad.
edit on 29-1-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Just so we're clear on how the KKK used racist symbols.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113

and i said it doesn't matter if they didn't beat them. they could have been extremely gentle about their slavery and simply shot them if they tried to leave, which is acceptable because you can do to your property what you wish, like a stapler or a shoe.

the statement slavery wasn't that bad because they're not getting beaten, doesn't justify owning another person.

this is what i get for talking to conservatives, some slave owners weren't that bad.

That's what you get for talking to Conservatives..? You should probably take notes because you keep saying someone said something they didn't say. Now show me where anybody stated that not beating a slave justified owning another person.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

saying slave owners weren't that bad is justifying slavery. slave owners were that bad. it doesn't matter that it's not complete justification but it is a degree of justification none the less.

for example i could say 911 was because of US foreign policy but it doesn't mean 911 was okay in any way.

i should teach a logic class or something, make some money off this

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

No it's not, lol... And again, nobody said slave owners weren't that bad to justify slavery. The only thing that's been said is that slaves weren't beaten like the history ig'nernt people have been claiming. That doesn't justify #. Proving your hateful rubbish wrong doesn't equate to justifying anything.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: wulff
First I apologize if this has already been discussed but New Orleans decided to remove Confederate statues amounts to trying to erase history! We can't change the past but responsible people can explain to children what the United States History is, good or bad and to coin an overused phrase "it is what it is!"
Gee... why doesn't Germany remove all the Holocaust monuments and we will pretend it never happened! A brand new-cleaned up past!

www.newsmax.com...

Or we could do something new this time. We're sill going to rewrite it but were going to call gold niggas and promissory notes muggers.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: solarjetman
Wait... did someone compare the removal of these monuments to the burning of the Library of Alexandria?

I'm sorry but.... LOL!

No Its about Erasing History of Good Or Bad !

The Culture of Government of Today
is becoming the Ministry of Truth

as Erasing it Altering The Truth to Falsification

The State or FEDS are thinking by Removing these Monuments
would start people to forget a Dark Sinister American PAST

Which Wont Ever Happen with Information Technology We have Now !!

Internet, Cell Phones ( Pocket Computers )
PDF MOBI TXT EPUB, JPG GIF PNG , AVI FLV MP4 3pg Divx Mov

Destruction of Ancient artifacts from Book Burning , to Solid Art Smashing to Ruins
in the Ancient Past Is GONE! Library of Alexandria was a Prime example..
and they did not just have only.. Literature Scroll Tablets , Books , it also had Art,
inventions, even a Laboratory for Study, Another
was the Literature of The Mayans Aztecs Destroyed by Catholic Religious Zealots
Priests of the Spanish order that called Scrolls to Tablets to Statues the Work of the Devil
it happening again in Modern Day Iraq Iran Afghanistan, by fundamentalist Muslims

and Apparently now here .. is THE Ol USA

edit on 62016SaturdayfAmerica/Chicago129 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
When the amendment to the Constitution to repeal the prohibition amendment was instituted did everyone notice the original prohibition amendment was left intake?

Consider why. Please stop and think long and hard first. Maybe some research would help.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
It appears as a species we never learn from history.

So why bother trying to keep it remembered?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join