It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any updates for voyagers?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas
So I need to know if there is any official updates about voyagers?

Yes, here: voyager.jpl.nasa.gov...

The last news story (rather than a recollection story) is from Oct 29 2015 - Voyager 1 Helps Solve Interstellar Medium Mystery

The reason for Voyager 1's apparent approach to Earth is explained in the OP's link, it's just that people don't bother reading the text.

Note: Because Earth moves around the sun faster than Voyager 1 is traveling from Earth, the distance between Earth and the spacecraft actually decreases at certain times of the year.

Here's something to consider: the two Voyagers haven't even passed a quarter of the maximum distance Sedna gets from the Sun. Since Sedna is a Solar System body, in my view the Voyagers are still firmly in the Solar System. And there's still the hypothetical Oort cloud to reach, which will take thousands of years.
edit on 28-1-2016 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

It's not an update story, but a recycle from 2012... it says "reanalyzed magnetic field data", the already analyzed from the past - and now they claim the magnetic field is turning from the new re-analysis.

Thats not what I mean as an update - where is it now, whats the new data, etc.

I will try to explain why I believe it will fail, in the image link I provide, this is earth and the magnetic field i.imgur.com... (something like it...). Now consider the whole heliosphere as a representation of that magnetic field in the picture. The exit and entranse of the solar system should be like that, one pole acts as entry and the other as exit. So my belief is voyagers are in the wrong direction.

This symbol from my country, it can be found in many statues and paintings, it represents that (the sun and exit/entranse). i.imgur.com... and NASA could be in other solar systems right now, if they used that path. 1 line of that symbol represents Father, the other line represents Mother and the twilight lines represents Apollo. Apollo in our books was traveling the stars, after he destroyed the moon in our books he departed for Sirius (thats why the moon lovers hate Apollo and fear so much), thats why all his temples pointing Sirius. And that symbol also represents the whole thing, even the earth magnetic field is that symbol.

It may sounds controversial knowledge, but if we ruled NASA, it would be the first thing we would attempt... If we wanted to exit.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Thats not what I mean as an update - where is it now, whats the new data, etc.

You already have the distance, and there should be the current celestial coordinates for them somewhere. But to answer in a few words, the Voyagers are in big empty space.

I will try to explain why I believe it will fail, in the image link I provide, this is earth and the magnetic field i.imgur.com... (something like it...). Now consider the whole heliosphere as a representation of that magnetic field in the picture. The exit and entranse of the solar system should be like that, one pole acts as entry and the other as exit. So my belief is voyagers are in the wrong direction.

But the Voyagers aren't following magnetic lines. They are following space-time warped around the Sun by its gravity (or, to be more precise, they are escaping it). By your logic, cars or planes shouldn't be able to travel against the direction of arrows shown in that picture...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I used it as an example,picture of earth with the magnetic fields, NOT that you have to follow the magnetic fields of the sun (lol).. Basically the poles of the helliosphere. Because voyagers in a point they will stuck in a void that cannot move further and the forces there, will destroy them. (no aliens involved.... just forces)

Thats what we know and I do remember NASA said voyager stuck in a wall of energy or something, few days later they said it went further. I never believed them...
maybe one of them still operates, but the one that stuck in a force field, is kaput for me.

I am not a physicist or astronomer to dress my words with academia vocabulary, I can only speak with patterns and ancient symbols. Thats what we know, take it or leave it
The sun surelly sends lots of particles of energy with different names, these particles of energy, follow a pattern and its not only magnetic field and it creates that bubble that we call Helliosphere. This bubble is been created because of many different forces, if it was just free/open space, we wouldnt have any helliosphere at all (like Mars planet that has a leak of its atmosphere) lol. Follow the polles and if you are in luck, you may get out in one piece.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

Nope, sorry, you have absolutely no idea about the physics involved. There's nothing that would stop or destroy the Voyagers due to the Sun's influence. In fact, it's getting weaker and weaker with distance.

The outer reaches of the Solar System are very, very big, and very, very empty. That's why there aren't any ongoing updates from the Voyagers (apart from what distance they are at), and why there's nothing to stop them.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Thats what we know and I do remember NASA said voyager stuck in a wall of energy or something, few days later they said it went further. I never believed them...
maybe one of them still operates, but the one that stuck in a force field, is kaput for me.

Can you please provide a link to your claim that NASA said one of the Voyagers was "stuck in a wall of energy" or "stuck in a force filed"? I don't recall that ever happening.

Maybe you misinterpreted something else they said. It was reported in September of 2012 that Voyager 1 measured an area of space where the pressure of the interstellar medium (ISM) was greater that the pressure of the heliosphere and solar wind. However, that is more of a result of the heliosphere becoming weaker as we get farther from the Sun than it is the result of the ISM being e a dense area of higher pressure. Perhaps the ISM is denser and acts with greater pressure than the solar winds way out there, but the pressures of the solar winds at the inner solar system is greater than the pressure of the ISM, and spacecraft traveling through the inner solar system do not get "stuck in a force field".

By the way, the area where the heliosphere has less pressure than the ISM is one definition of "interstellar space". However, that is not the edge of the solar system; there are still kuiper belt objects and comets that are gravitationally bound to to our sun that are still well beyond the location of the two Voyager spacecraft.

edit on 1/29/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yes I recall the further voyager travels, the denser it becomes and scientists calculated some articles say 40, some other articles say 50 times more denser than they originally expected. And the bubbles of plasma... science.nasa.gov...

www.gizmag.com...

The bellow info tells us that voyagers stop sending information? Its 2016

The scientist expect to continue to receive data from the UVS until 2016, at which time the instrument will be turned off to save power.
from this source voyager.jpl.nasa.gov...

Donald Gurnett, a Voyager scientist at the University of Iowa, found a way to get the measurement anyway. Poring over data from another instrument on the spacecraft, Gurnett discovered that in April 2013 a blast wave from the sun, the same kind that can cause solar storms on Earth, had reached Voyager’s neck of the woods and jostled electrons in the surrounding plasma. It was the first such energetic solar shock in nine years. “In that sense we were lucky,” Stone says.

Gurnett then used the frequency of the electron vibrations to calculate that plasma surrounding Voyager 1 was about 50 times as dense as scientists would expect inside the heliosphere, a sign that the spacecraft had entered interstellar space.
www.sciencenews.org...

science.nasa.gov...

A mistake I did, is not 33000 years but 14000-28000 years, be able to escape the solar ort cloud/part of the solar system and as a speculation.
www.yahoo.com...

here is a video by NASA presenting magnetic currents and plasma and its how they imagine it...

edit on 29-1-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

They just turn the UVS offline. Think about it, why would they disable the communication to save energy? What would be the benefit? It´s like turning of the antennas of a quadrocopter to save energy. Makes no sense.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I think they did not measure any pressure. If I remember right, there was inconsistency with the data because the probe deaccelerated a bit at one point, without obvious cause. Then they determined it could be the pressure of the interstellar medium. I recently read a book where it was explained like that, I think.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join