It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any updates for voyagers?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hello

I support the idea that voyagers are gone long ago, especially since Nasa said they stuck in an invisible wall or something, then they changed their statement and they finally made it but in 33000 years they will make it completely out. So I need to know if there is any official updates about voyagers?

There is a nasa webpage that shows us in "real time" the traveling distance of voyagers, here it is...

voyager.jpl.nasa.gov...

but heres the thing... When the webpage loads, we see the numbers changing, WOW real time, impressive and I decided to unplug my router, but keep the page on. I waited about an hour and without an internet connection, the numbers still change, its like my pc getting internet from other dimensions and renew the distanse of voyagers!

Well, Nasa is good into crafting things.

edit : I am dyslexic so I edit my posts to fix them a bit, after I read them again.
edit on 27-1-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas
Hello

I support the idea that voyagers are gone long ago, especially since Nasa said they stuck in an invisible wall or something, then they changed it and they finally made it and in 33000 years they will make it completely out. Its a personal belief and opinion that NASA is just nasa... and I need to know if there is any official updates about voyagers?

There is a nasa webpage that shows us in "real time" the traveling distance of voyagers, here it is...

voyager.jpl.nasa.gov...

but heres the thing... When the webpage loads, we see the numbers changing, WOW real time, impressive and I decided to unplug my router, but keep the page on. I waited about an hour and without an internet connection, the numbers still change, its like my pc getting internet from other dimensions and renew the distanse of voyagers!

Well, Nasa is good into crafting things...

Yuh missed something, they are on the way back here!...well one of them is

edit on 27-1-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Well it's real time in that they can tell it's velocity and hence how far away it is.
It's probably a J-Script.
edit on 27/11/16 by 0 x 0 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas
there is a nasa webpage that shows us in "real time" the traveling distance of voyagers, here it is...

voyager.jpl.nasa.gov...

Well, Nasa is good into crafting things...

LOL

You don't need to be connected to know the distance. They travel at a known speed, hence a little script on the webpage could easily calculate it.

link   
voyager1 comes back with both online and offline... voyager 2 goes further with internet and without internet

so its not a real time, but a real time speculation from a j-script.

Edit: I click the "read more" and it doesnt say, the tables with numbers are a guess... Anyway, I felt I have to ask about voyager updates but it seems there is none.
edit on 27-1-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

link   
if you bothered to read the 'read more' bit it basically says due to solar winds etc its a guesstimate.
going to one of those 2012 doomsday counter websites that now count up and unplugging your router will still allow the clock to run also.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Last I heard, Voyager made it back to Earth after narrowly escaping the Borg with the help of Admiral Janeway from the future. Transphasic torpedoes pack a wallop!

Sorry for the horrible joke. I like to flex my Star Trek knowledge once in a while. Useless as it may be...Anywhoo, does anyone know how long the RTG's on those craft are good for? Shouldn't the nuclear fuel in them almost be gone? Once that happens I would imagine they'd kind of just turn into frozen metal ice cubes, as the electronics wouldn't have any power or heat to operate...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

That is interesting. It looks like V 1 is getting closer to Earth at he moment.

I'm guessing this is due to our solar orbit velocity being greater than Voyagers and it is losing ground as it moves away. This must happen quite often I'd think.

Well spotted !

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
they are gonners long ago, I feel it... lol

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Last I heard, Voyager made it back to Earth after narrowly escaping the Borg with the help of Admiral Janeway from the future. Transphasic torpedoes pack a wallop!

Umm, excuse me, but Voyager came back to Earth with Captain Kirk in "Star Trek; the Movie" and only a last ditch effort to find the correct password was able to save the Earth from being made a museum prop inside the extensively modified probe. Several Klingons lost their lives in the making of that epic movie.

It was Kirk and Spock who saved the day.

again.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0 x 0
Well it's real time in that they can tell it's velocity and hence how far away it is.
It's probably a J-Script.

That's right, offline scripts to keep online where it matters.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: angus1745
a reply to: smurfy

That is interesting. It looks like V 1 is getting closer to Earth at he moment.

I'm guessing this is due to our solar orbit velocity being greater than Voyagers and it is losing ground as it moves away. This must happen quite often I'd think.

Well spotted !

Truth is I looked at the numbers, and saw the, 'anomaly' and said to myself...continue reading below to try to make sense, and the explanation is given as you describe down a bit. That's NASA...look at the app, then read the instructions. That's a Phaged sense of humour.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

JPL are into magic, don't ya know.

Anyway, the Earth is orbiting around the Sun so sometimes we travel toward the Voyagers, sometimes away.

(chr0naut, conjures forth the genie of Javascript and vanishes into the web...)

edit on 27/1/2016 by chr0naut because: Slight temporal echo. Nothing to see, move along...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Anywhoo, does anyone know how long the RTG's on those craft are good for? Shouldn't the nuclear fuel in them almost be gone? Once that happens I would imagine they'd kind of just turn into frozen metal ice cubes, as the electronics wouldn't have any power or heat to operate...

I believe the RTGs (there are three on each craft) are supposed to keep them going another five to ten years from now. They're also used to keep the electronics warm and operating correctly, in addition to generating electricity. But once they stop putting out enough heat, you're right on with the frozen metal ice cubes part!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Can someone with knowledge explain to me what the wide ellipse in blue is? Is this one of our circling asteroids? Why would they plot it into the simulation??

edit on 27-1-2016 by verschickter because: y key is dying...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

My guess is that it's the orbit of Pluto, which is tilted relatively drastically against the orbital planes of the other planets.

The four other orbits shown in the video are the outer planets -- Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune (the orbits of the other planets can barely be see in the video in the glare of the Sun). The eccentric orbit is Pluto:

Here is a diagram showing Pluto's orbit:

edit on 1/27/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

How embarassing

Now I can see the angle in my own picture too.
But I have an excuse: Its late.
Thank you
edit on 27-1-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

No worries. It was hard to see the inner planets on the video. I first thought the orbits being shown were the inner planets, which also made me wonder the same thing you did about the eccentric orbital path.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: angus1745

I would imagine the earths journey around the sun brings us closer and then further. Same with the sun as we float through the void.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join