It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there are so many conspiracy theories, why is life in the states so good?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: areyousirius360

Well not me personally but round these here parts if you make a statement/pose a question like "why is life in the states so good?" you should be prepared to justify said statement.

Truth is America these days is no better than a lot of other places that experience socioeconomic problems probably a whole lot worse in certain regards.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
i agree, op. I think life is good here comparatively. I've traveled and I'm grateful for what we have here.

I have a friend who just the other day who said she was happier when she was poor. she has lots of money and lots of stress now.

some bring hardship on themselves but want to blame others. me for instance, being a single mom was difficult, but that was all me, 100% bad choices I made that made life hard at times. maybe that's why I'm so appreciative now...

people like to whine.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie
Right? All I need is to wake up(and take my anxiety meds) to be happy, just the basics. Every hard time I ever went through I caused. And the world helped me get back on my feet. I'm happy you're happy, thanks for your input.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I guess it really just depends on your perspective.

The truth of the matter is that the money could be flowing in different places that would improve the quality of life for ALL Americans exponentially. But that said same money is being "generated" by the working class to further tighten the stranglehold big time political donors are putting on politicians to pass law and policy to generate more money for the donors. Our money that we slave away for day in and day out is really the tool of the slave masters we are serving to keep everything running smoothly according to them. So if you're good with what's going on at home and abroad than yes, the US is great. Enjoy the Superbowl and get back to work on Monday

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: areyousirius360
a reply to: knoxie
Right? All I need is to wake up(and take my anxiety meds) to be happy, just the basics. Every hard time I ever went through I caused. And the world helped me get back on my feet. I'm happy you're happy, thanks for your input.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with your OP or being grateful for the good things in life. Bear in mind that the term "conspiracy theory" is only the end result of an ongoing program going back to the '60s in which the CIA was searching of an effective way of referring to anyone doubting the Warren Report in a pejorative way. Conspiracy theorist is just the description that best marginalized the individuals targeted. They managed to bundle a variety of undesirable traits into those two words: nut-job, unpatriotic, gullible, etc...

Just try to remember that,just like the justified (now verified) skepticism toward the Feel-Good Fairy-tale known as the Warren Report, some Conspiracy Theories are actually Conspiracy Facts that the general public isn't yet allowed to know.

One of the things that frustrated me when I first was studying Carl Jung was the resistance I got when I tried to bring "Reality" into the dialog. The benefits of The Power of Positive Thinking are obvious and easy for almost anyone to grasp. My problem always came when I tried to articulate the difference between the genuinely Good things that can come from learning to internalize those principles and the danger of going too far in the Jungian belief that, with repeated use of desired affirmations and understanding the differences between your individual consciousness and your connection to the collective unconscious, you can create your own immediate Reality by impressing what you desire on the collective unconscious and then watch as it (almost magically) sets about creating that Reality for you.

The example I've tried to give many times over the years is a man standing chin-deep in sewage. While it might be possible for someone completely into the Carl Jung style of psychology to convince themselves they are standing in a field of fragrant wildflowers, the Reality is that they are STILL chin-deep in sh*t...

Once I got the response, "Well at least it wasn't over your nose!!" He totally missed my point.

Given some of the things I know, there are three musical thoughts I go back to several times a day:

"These ARE the Good Old Days..." - Carly Simon

"In a New York minute everything can change..." - Don Henley

and if I catch myself wanting to share TOO much:

"Learn To Be Still" - The Eagles

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CornShucker
Thank you for such a well-reasoned and thoughtful post.
I like your choice of tunes!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
a reply to: CornShucker
Thank you for such a well-reasoned and thoughtful post.
I like your choice of tunes!

It is a weight on my heart every time I hear someone being savaged for being happy about something in these cynical times. Thank God I grew up during a time when people could still set things aside for a moment and find joy in someone else's good fortune.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
You have been conditioned to think life is good.

Sure, it's subjective, and if you're one who doesn't look at the bigger picture other than just the direct, close relationships in their life (time, food, money, work, a house, culture, government - all less important than family and close relationships, yet essential to take part in to live in this world), then sure, you can consider life as ONLY good. Positivity is a fantastic trait to have.

But, at some stage you have to take part in society's whole. And this is where life is not as 'good'. Only ignorant people would say that the U.S is perfect, and that life is good for everyone there. It's just not. There is so much corruption, cheating, stealing, dishonesty and hate in the world. That's why conspiracy theories are a good thing. They bring to light the corruption in society and the government so we can be awakened and cautious in all aspects of life. It's not a negative bitch fest with a whole bunch of skeptical, paranoid people who have nothing else to do but make up stories.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Because the masters of "bread and Circus" are exactly that. What is your definition of "good"?
The Kardations? Bruce Jenner thinking, he's a woman?... A vast majority of Americans are part of the "conspiracy" and don't even know it... By giving meaning to ignorance. TPTB dread the day/forbid, they ever figure that out.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
You're welcome.
It wasn't easy, but the bad guys aren't as good as your military at securing their nation.
But UNLESS I miss my guess, you may be a tad YOUNG to have the weight or even knowledge of the world yet.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: areyousirius360

Well it is a 1st world country. But still you have a lot of problems. They might not effect you because you might have a normal job / career you've done for a long time. You live in a normal middle class area, you're not exposed to much else than what you're use to. So you think everything is good and perfect. And maybe things might go on that way for you forever. So you'll be comfortable. But you'll always be asleep because you've never truly seen or experienced the other side. Meaning a better freer country, or a much worse country or part of your own. Which might snap you out of this sleep you seem to be in. But what you say is like the opinion of a HUGE demographic of the states. They're comfortable, so as long as they are they can so easily remain totally oblivious, brainwashed and asleep. They're the free range hen who hasn't found the fence. I can't really give you any advice. But were there's the most power their's often the most CT's for the simple fact that they have the most conspiracies taking place behind the scenes.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: areyousirius360
There are too many conspiracy theories to list in one place but it makes me wonder if there is a global conspiracy going on why is life so good, with so many freedoms under a system that honors the same ideas this country was founded upon almost always. Flint is an exception, but things seem pretty good to me. Am I alone in thinking life is good? Am I crazy?

Have you lived in other countries to compare life there with life in the US.?

Perhaps I get a jaundiced view of life in the US from ATS but as I see it, is seems to me that Americia is a very unfair and a very harsh socieinty to live in. It seems ones quality of life in the US is dependent upon how much money, connections and pull one has. It seems the further one is down the totum pole the more one is likely to end up homeless or in goal. Are you a financially well off person?

Have you compared life in the US to life in Australia or New Zealand?

While I think all western countries are sliding into that big black hole of tyranny, Australia is some years behind the US although when the US has finished sliding into the black hole, Australia, and all the rest of the western countries, will quickly follow.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: areyousirius360this makes nice change to all the moaning, you appreciate the quality of your life , which more people should when the vast majority of people on earth live in relative poverty. It's good your thankful for what you've got

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Overall, yes life is good here. Communist regimes are orders of magnitude worse than democratic or oligarchic ones. Maybe the paranoia is because so much has been obfuscated. You hear the name of a company and it later turns out it's owned by a multi-conglomerate. It's very hard to see the actual links of cause and effect at times. More and more agendas seem to be hidden. Then you see a documentary like Michael Moore's F911 and the complexity of the web that exposed. Yeah it's a biased film, but still there were an awful lot of shady connections that, to the best of my knowledge had not been covered before. More and more information seems to be hidden, while more power seems to be consolidated. Perfect recipe for CT's.
edit on 16-4-2016 by AdamKescher because: Add information

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join