It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there are so many conspiracy theories, why is life in the states so good?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: areyousirius360
a reply to: interupt42
The smart ones read sun-tzu, Machiavelli was an exile who failed.

Thanks for the chuckle!
If people are reading and quoting my scribblings ten minutes from now I'll be so proud! I can't imagine anything I've ever written be considered important enough to be preserved for hundreds of years. Perhaps I should attempt to be an exile and fail.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

To be fair here, anyone who has a college education should have read Machiavelli and many others as well.

True and that was where I got my taste of it. Although you would be surprised how many college educated people have never heard of him.

Those same tactics could be said to apply to adolescent behavior could they not?

True but you can apply any tactics to anything , it doesn't mean its the right tactic.

If you have ever had long-term dealings with teenagers you know their favored tactic is to test the absolute boundaries.

I haven't had to deal with a teenager yet but my 8 year old could fit that description in certain things.

It is up to us, the people, to set the agenda.

Thats the way it should be , but that is not the way it is when it comes to gov't.

Lobbyist set the Agenda and politicians implement them.

That is why we got the bailouts, patriot act, TPP, restricting state rights with GMO labelling, Healthcare designed by insurance companies to benefit insurance companies , and a misled WAR.

That is why every industry that the consumer is unhappy with has an Oligopoly in the background that is elated with the profits they are raking in because how the industry is run and governed.

It's why we must on occasion rise up and "smack" the government when they trespass on the rights of the people. They must be shown their boundaries just as that willful teenager must be shown boundaries.

Absolutely!! However, again that is the way it should be but that is not the way its working.

edit on 07131America/ChicagoWed, 27 Jan 2016 22:07:06 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10131America/ChicagoWed, 27 Jan 2016 22:10:04 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

a reply to: makemap
I will die free, no ones master of me. That's a horrible way to look at life.

There is a reason why I call it a waiting game. Americans are so concentrated on their jobs and pay checks and not even going for the final frontier(space). It will either be the end of the world or total tyranny. The only people left slowing the process is the gun fanatics/militia. As soon as the guns are gone or military(could be militarized police) coming back for lock down either from war or something else.... America is not like the revolutionary past. United and coexisting with others. You got corporations there. You got rich guy there. You got Government. Even Spy agencies that want to takeover now. Spies Agency today is like a form of medieval cult without all the mass murdering(you can say assassins like Assassin Creed for a video game example).

When the population drops everything either the young population will suffer or the population in present day. You know during medieval age everyone can carry and trade whatever they want freely(weapons, food, objects). All wars start from greed and the want to own things. If the population cannot find out greedy or continue to ignore them(media). The greedy will come for them. Just like majority of the wars in the past.

You can't say your free now. There is a difference between truly free and partial free.
edit on 27-1-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No job? No money. No money? No food or home. No food or home? You'll live a miserable life, and that's not much better than a slave getting whipped for trying to escape his captors. At least with a slave being whipped it was somewhat quick, if you're homeless it's slow and drawn out agony. It's no different from someone being captured and thrown into a slave camp in the middle of a desert. You can leave, but you will have a hard time getting anywhere in the middle of the desert. Just because they give you the option to leave doesn't make you any less of a slave to them.

I'm sorry what...?

Since when do slave masters give their subjects the OPTION to leave their INVOLUNTARY profession as a slave?

Ever heard of entrepreneurship? Running your own business? Or in your case being your own "slave" master..Earning a living wage doesn't always require you to take orders from someone of authority and taking in the scraps as you put it. I despise the current economic system as well but I would not equate it to slavery of any caliber, it's completely unnecessary and fallacious.

And no homelessness is not comparable to being thrown in a slave camp, incidentally as a slave in many cases your housed,fed and treated as an expendable worker. Being homeless in many cases your treated even worse than a slave, some countries even go out of their way to euthanize the homeless.

Seriously lets say that all of what you said is correct, what's your solution to the problem of homelessness? Or for those unemployed in an economic recession?

Edit:
The only thing I can agree with you on is that yes, the working class is still the exploited class and in a way we've just been upgraded to glorified servants. To call a worker today a slave is a bit of a misnomer.

edit on 27-1-2016 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

All that shi# is normal government bs. You just have to be smart. Once I stopped caring about money my mind opened up and I just relax and read and l learn as much as I need to. It's awesome.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
America is a very beautiful place in the wild places without humans nothing seems too much out of the ordinary when you are surrounded by nature back in the city its always a mess and you can see the toxic wastes on all levels of the street whether chemical sociital or political

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: sociolpath

You can't see any stars in the city either.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

sounds like you just dont want to work. guess what you are still workin if your a caveman and want to survive, food and shelter doesnt just happen. there are probably way more years in history where the non working people were liquidated rather than nurtured so this is probably one of the better societies to be homeless in..
edit on 28-1-2016 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2016 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: areyousirius360

It maybe a good experience for some, but we aren't experiencing the fullness of freedom we should be. It's the illusion of complete freedom, like a dog on a leash. Life is good as long as you're an obedient worker; who doesn't question everything, or raddle cages. Just like a pet, if the population is given a reward for being "good" nobody questions it. Kind of like a dog when the owner gives it a treat. We still have it somewhat better than most, but to those of us who devote every hour to seeking the hidden truth...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Sated, narcotized, and propagandized (entertained) people don't rebel.

And always there is a bit of threat of imprisonment, harm, and death as well.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

You can't say your free now. There is a difference between truly free and partial free.

You seem to be confusing freedom and liberty. As KrisAnne Hall so eloquently explains, liberty is freedom governed by morality. You have the free will bestowed by your Creator. The government is formed to protect our right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

You are free to do as you please so long as you are accepting of the consequences of your actions. Those consequences can range from public shaming to imprisonment, as society dictates when your actions cause harm to another.
Our government went off the rails when they began punishing people who had not caused actual harm to another.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

There are too many conspiracy theories to list in one place but it makes me wonder if there is a global conspiracy going on why is life so good, with so many freedoms under a system that honors the same ideas this country was founded upon almost always. Flint is an exception, but things seem pretty good to me. Am I alone in thinking life is good? Am I crazy?

I live in the states and I'm happy. I would be happier If (when) the pay rate here gets raised.
I think what you really should have done was have the North Americans here to take a happiness vote.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Compared to where through, how do you know that life somewhere else is not far superior?

Do you think life would be just as good if you were a black Muslim homeless person or single parent with numerous mouths to feed and a disability?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shakeI don't know that, Canada sounds pretty sweet too, but I like America fine. And I was homeless.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

a reply to: TerminalVelocity

on the side

That wasn't an answer, just a deflection.

I do not want to know your street address, however the US is made up of many different areas with different styles of living. No two cities are alike.

Can you at least tell us what area of the US you're living in? This is a international forum, I'm sure it would be educational to many who live outside of the US.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
You are obviously not someone who is struggling. Life is hardly "good" for a lot of people in America, much less the world. Working your 9-5 job isn't that much different from slavery. Your masters (employers) get the lion's share while you get the scraps from their table. We are an enslaved society and we hardly even realize it.

I couldn't agree more. Said exactly what I thought when I read the OP.

Somebody mentioned pay rises a few posts up and I've noticed (at least here in the UK), every time pay get's a rise, so does the price for everything. So nothing really changes.

edit on 28-1-2016 by Fraiser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Bet you were not to happy when you were homeless? Im sure you see the point. Just sounds a bit like you are trying to convince us and yourself that everything is fine, when simply looking out the window on any given day suggests otherwise.
edit on 28-1-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocityThe most ill tell you is I live in a commonwealth

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Hell I gotta convince u 4? I was homeless cuz I messed up my life, but I took it back and ain't going to spend my life crying about it. America is a great nation of great people of all cultures and is the new Atlantis. Everyone who lives here is blessed.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocityyes it was a deflection, I wasn't being rude, it's just that I don't trust people on the internet. I tell you where I live and it comes back to haunt me who am I gonna blame?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join