It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New to ATS, some help please

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hello! I'm new here, very new. I never heard of this site until I read Annie Jacobsen's book about Area 51. I have visited Area 51's back gate with my dad in June of 2015. The weird thing that happened there was this one Blacktailed Hare. It kept near me. I tried chasing it, but it stayed about 3 feet near me. I took a video of it, 3 minutes. When we visited Area 51, there was basically no sign of life. The guard house was empty. The security cameras did not follow us. The EG&G "camo dudes" were not there, even though I was taking pictures. But, anyways, I'm interested in the aircraft that were/are at Area 51, other than the A-12. A-12 II, F-22, 737-200/600, Beechcraft B200, Beech 1900C, SR-71, F-101, Hopeless Diamond, HAVE BLUE, the MiGs, TACIT BLUE, F-117, C-124, C-130, MH-60, F-15 and F-16. Those are all of the aircraft that I know of that were ever at Area 51. Do any of you know about any other types of aircraft that were ever at Area 51? Other than the Area 51 stuff, I track satellites, spot aircraft, build model aircraft and tanks, play FSX, and a bunch of other stuff. Is my new thread against the rules? Just wondering. Sorry in advance if that's the case. But, any help/information is appreciated. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Welcome lazy...

Your thread is kinda over the line of what an introduction is about.
This is where you leave a little synopsis about yourself.

Which you have kindly done by explaining your fascination with Aircraft.
You probably won't get many answers to your question, though.

But you can ask the same question in the Aircraft Projects forum and the many knowledgable Aviation heads will be along without a doubt.

Again, welcome aboard.
In the event of an emergency deny ignorance and brace for a rough landing.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: lazyfortress

One small piece of advice: Textishardontheeyeswhenitisn'torganizedwell.
S P A C I N G makes things easier to read- try adding empty lines between sentences to organize text.
Like:

That.

That out of the way: Welcome to the best place on the internet!
edit on 27-1-2016 by ADAMandEVIL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Welcome to the boards! There's a plethora of good information that's buried deep in some of the lengthy threads in the Aircraft Projects forum. Lots of it is speculation, but there are some very interesting nuggets of truth and derp rabbit holes to delve down into.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Welcome
No idea lazy
But type in your search button sure you ll find plenty

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Sorry 'bout the intro. By the way, I'm 13. But I am not your average 13 year old. I know lots about aircraft and satellites. And I mean a whole lot. 7 years of research. Always loved aircraft since I was 6. I don't have many friends. Just two really. Excluding my Czech German Shepherd (not to brag), Cookie. I listen to 60s, 70s, and 80s music. Mainly 80s metal (Iron Maiden, some Metallica, Vixen, Black Sabbath, Madam X, all of that). Again, sorry in advance if this is "too much". How does one get a job at Area 51? EG&G? I'll be back on this site after dinner. Probably ~45 minutes.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Hey buddy,

Glad to have you. Here is a heads up. Its always helpful to space out paragraphs a bit. It helps follow a thread and keep track of ideas as they are presented. Other than that just have fun!

Also, may the swartz be with you.

edit on 1 27 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

Welcome
No idea lazy
But type in your search button sure you ll find plenty

Lulz

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS....

Looking forward to seeing your video. Please feel free to start a thread on this topic in the appropriate forum and attach your video for us to view....

Cheers!

ETA - don't let anyone give you any flack about your age. I wasn't a "normal" 13 yr old either... I want to encourage your discussions with like minds. Just two pieces of advice:

1. Don't take anything personally.
2. Have a thick skin.

Some people have no filter when it comes to what they say on this site. Some people will say very mean things to you...especially if they can find holes in whatever you are posting about. Just remember that nobody knows all the answers. Know how to let go things that don't work for you and keep pursuing your interests.

edit on 27-1-2016 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Omg you are 13 ??????

kids these days

Respect little sweetie here is some chewing gum

edit on 27-1-2016 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I have a question. What is the difference between the "default ATS avatar" and the "mini-profile background image"? Which one shows up on forums?

It says to post the photo in a photo album, but when I click the link, there is no photo album to post the pictures in? Help!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

See my photo that's default
The grey behind is mini (u can just choose color or put a picture in it) hope I make sense
Then there is a trick where u can have them both size

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Lol u don't panic

One sec

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Awwww that's just too crazy lazy cute bunny

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I cant crop it. Is there any way I can? Can I make the length of the space for the avatar bigger?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Put this link into default

files.abovetopsecret.com...

But normally it's the size u upload it
It's should be 400x200 pixels
But I am aweful at this

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I think it worked. It's the same species of hare I saw at the Area 51 back gate. Black-tailed hare.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
What does a "flag" mean? From where I've been on the net, it has a negative meaning.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

It's very cute
The boys and girls here will help u with the avatar I am useless

U know funny enough I heard something about them not long ago

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

No sweetly lol u

Stop panicking

U are the best entry so far.. Flag means how many people tagged ur thread usually indicator of how much u liked it

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: lazyfortress
What does a "flag" mean? From where I've been on the net, it has a negative meaning.

Oh that was priceless .. A false flag? Good one

Cheers to that

I share my carrot

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join