It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Air Force Shoot Down UFO – Jan 26th 2016

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I cant comment on the UFO being shot down, but all I know is there are some weird hi-tech electronic warfare systems in that area, that nobody seems to know about. A few years ago, in that same area of India, they had huge problems with military communications, and I was sent out to investigate and come up with a solution. I discovered there was a huge and very sophisticated jammer operating in that area. The jamming signals seems to have originated from Pakistan, but Pakistan totally denied it. From the signal-analysis of the jammer it seemed as though it was one of the big players in he world that was trying interfere with any type of communication in that area going on. If it has anything to do with this 'UFO', I dont know. All I know is that somebody went to great effort to make sure no communications takes place in that part of India.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Had to be a weather balloon

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellhound604

Now that is interesting.
There's lots of UFOs reported from the Ladakh region of the Indo-Tibetan border. Spying seems too obvious an answer but remote areas must make borders difficult to manage. Funnily enough they were also described as balloon-like.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

One of the early US methods of spying on the Soviet Union was to launch camera equipped balloons that would travel over their territory, then be recovered by aircraft on the other side. Project names included Moby Dick, Skyhook, Mogul, Grandson, and Genetrix.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Makes sense really.
Cost effective too. On my budget I'd probably choose balloons over satellites if I was worried about my borders.

I read that the Ladakh thing was getting a few folks hot under the collar with both sides accusing the other.

I shouldn't be surprised.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20305598]Zaphod58[/pos

Double sorry.
edit on 27-1-2016 by Tulpa because: New phone. Old user.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

originally posted by: bandersnatch
Im not holding my breath after reading.....I think its likely some mundane explanation....
From what I hear, and have personally observed...no jet aircraft in existence could bring down a real UFO......

Seems like it is just a balloon hey!

But what do you mean by a real UFO?

Like the ones during the Korean and Vietnam wars that could trap ammo shot at them and send it right back at those who fired it originally, and no one ever figured out who they belonged to. Something we still do not have the technology to do. (Of course this is if you even believe all those stories in the first place, which lots of people don't.)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

So within 24 hours, the air force went out to some remote village and gathered chunks of bullets because they had just shot down a weather balloon?

No.

Cover-up.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

How long do you think it would take to get out there? Three weeks?

Oh right, I forgot there are no balloons, it had to be an alien spaceship.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Apparently it's becoming a common occurrence.

The latest first: On Republic Day, the IAF radar tracked an unidentified balloon-shaped object at Barmer. Considering the high alert issued for the particular day, a Sukhoi-30 aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF) shot it down. Investigations have revealed that it was a US-made shiny helium-filled balloon with ‘Happy Birthday’ written on it. It had come in from Pakistan. The previous incident occurred in Mumbai on 14 January, when two blue balloons were spotted hovering over Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport’s runway. The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) denied ownership of the balloons, as it never uses blue-coloured weather balloons.
In May last year, five unidentified objects were spotted flying over Mumbai airport, causing panic among security agencies. Later, those ‘UFOs’ were found to be helium balloons — part of promotional merchandise to mark a cricket tournament organised by a Surat-based diamond trading firm. Arrests were made and the Directorate-General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) fired off a letter to the Mumbai International Airport Private Limited to pursue a criminal case against the organisers.

When UFO's go pop

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

How long do you think it would take to get out there? Three weeks?

Oh right, I forgot there are no balloons, it had to be an alien spaceship.

[Snip]

Yes we all know balloons exist but that doesn't mean this was necessarily a balloon and frankly it's one of the oldest and most overused debunking tactics.

Please refrain from making off topic comments about fellow members and stick to the topic of the OP
edit on 1/28/2016 by eriktheawful because: Removed off topic comment

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Ockhams' razor.

Given a choice between a spy balloon or an extra-terrestrial spacecraft,which is more likely?

Which is why it was a balloon.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hex1an
Comparing one object to another doesn't sound like identification.

It looks like a "Balloon""... But it is not.

Saying: "Balloon shaped object" is an odd statement to make.

i'm with you on this...

the unknown object (Orb) may have just projected itself as a balloon... instead of going into Stealth or Invisible mode, because the UFO had knowledge that it was tracked for 30 minutes prior to the Jet encounter

I would also expect that the physical materials found at the intercept site were materials jettisoned by the crafty UFO (much like the decoy debris fired out torpedo tubes by WW2 subs to fool the enemy that the Sub was destroyed)

I suggest a blue ribbon(FBI) panel to investigate this close-encounter-of-the-4th-kind...
edit on th31145400002928532016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Please, understand it has been 25 years since I strapped a military airplane to my butt. Modern gunsights are very sophisticated. When a target is acquired there is small box that appears around the target and stays around the target even if it is lost visually. When the target comes within the range of the guns or missiles the sight will display "shoot cues" to alert the pilot to fire. The sight will display cues to fly the airplane to make the kill.

The Su-30 most likely has gun sights that are similar to ours. They will compensate for lead, lag, trajectory and airspeed. All the ballistics of its' weapons are programmed into its' computer. Differential closing speeds are no problem whether zero or 1000 kts. The shooting cues just move to compensate automatically.

Maybe, some of the fighter pilots, on ATS, can elaborated more than a recce pilot.
edit on 28-1-2016 by buddah6 because: AGE, PAIN MEDS and BAD MEMORY!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

It's a lot more sophisticated in terms of cues, but the basics are the same.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hex1an
Comparing one object to another doesn't sound like identification.

It looks like a "Balloon""... But it is not.

Saying: "Balloon shaped object" is an odd statement to make.

It was a balloon, here the pictures by a witness. No UFO.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
For the record...SWAMP GAS or VENUS.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: free_spirit

I thought it was supposed to be shiny with Happy Birthday written on it. This picture looks like a standard weather balloon. Of course the Pakistanis could be using 3 meter wide birthday balloons for weather monitoring. Who knows?

-dex

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Tulpa

One of the early US methods of spying on the Soviet Union was to launch camera equipped balloons that would travel over their territory, then be recovered by aircraft on the other side. Project names included Moby Dick, Skyhook, Mogul, Grandson, and Genetrix.

You're coming dangerously close to spilling the beans about Roswell....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join