It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Air Force Shoot Down UFO – Jan 26th 2016

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I know. I read they tried really hard to keep that quiet so as not to cause people to panic. They didn't want the Japanese to know they'd been an effective weapon. Quite effective if a bit random.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: hiddenNZ

Fighter pilots will take any opportunity they can to go supersonic. But in this case he had to go at almost stall speed to shoot the balloon down, and then accelerated to regain speed, and accelerated to supersonic speed.

To help keep this thread going, I need to ask why the need to go to "almost stall speed" to shot down a balloon and then the need after the heroic deed to push into afterburner?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Go too fast you overshoot in a second, so you have to drop down to a slow speed to get the shot off. You don't want to be near stall speed any longer than you have to so you punch afterburner to accelerate and build speed back up.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Go too fast you overshoot in a second, so you have to drop down to a slow speed to get the shot off. You don't want to be near stall speed any longer than you have to so you punch afterburner to accelerate and build speed back up.

So, you are saying that this was not some sophisticated gunnery system on board that SU-30 but a WWI manner of attack, minus the afterburner, of course?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

If I'm not mistaken these balloons had a relatively sophisticated control system for its day. They had to keep them in the Jet Stream in order to make it across the Pacific.

-dex

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be sop to do a flyby and visually check out the object before blasting it out of the sky?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

The only difference between modern gun sights, and WWII gun sights is that a modern sight has a computer calculated impact point that gives you a cone the bullets will fall into. The WWII gun sights didn't. Guns are still guns.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

You still shoot it down in this case. A balloon can carry cameras that will transmit data back, including pictures, of bases it flies over, electronic systems that gather radio signals and frequencies, or worst case, a bomb. You are going by so fast, all you'd be able to tell was that it was an apparent balloon.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Yes a modern day 'Roswell' ... 'Bollywood' style.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

The only difference between modern gun sights, and WWII gun sights is that a modern sight has a computer calculated impact point that gives you a cone the bullets will fall into. The WWII gun sights didn't. Guns are still guns.

Still, a computer aided system requires drastically slowing down to shoot a balloon? 'Just doesn't make sense to me, neither does going supersonic after the act, because we have several hundreds of miles per hour difference between almost stall speed and a sonic blast. That increase took awhile. I'm just trying to make sense of this story and interpretations.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Hey,since when has Maj. Jesse Marcel been a Sikh?

I don't recall a turban in the original photo...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Yes a modern day 'Roswell' ... 'Bollywood' style.

Lol my god **
that was too good

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

So you're saying that you could toss a ball out of a car window at 60 mph and put it through a net? At high speed you have about a tenth of a second to pull the trigger and have a chance at hitting a slow moving target. At low speed you increase that to a couple of seconds.

Energy (speed) is life. Fighter pilots want as much speed under their belt as possible, just in case. So they're going to accelerate and get as much energy as possible to keep in their pocket.
edit on 1/27/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter

Hey,since when has Maj. Jesse Marcel been a Sikh?

I don't recall a turban in the original photo...

You've heard of Roswell right?

Well it starts off with a dramatic headline in 1947. Then if you read the actual story a rancher (Brazel) found stick, paper and rubber like material spread across the pasture.

50 years later it became a legend.

In another 50 years it could be a full on Turban Legend!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

So you're saying that you could toss a ball out of a car window at 60 mph and put it through a net? At high speed you have about a tenth of a second to pull the trigger and have a chance at hitting a slow moving target. At low speed you increase that to a couple of seconds.

Energy (speed) is life. Fighter pilots want as much speed under their belt as possible, just in case. So they're going to accelerate and get as much energy as possible to keep in their pocket.

I'll let this go after this, but if a jet pilot can't hit a balloon that is virtually stationary in the sky with his super-duper, computer and radar augmented plane than I wonder what the Hell he could do in a real battle when the other guy is all over the sky in seconds?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Just think. We're all in right at the start this time. I'm going to make some rash statements in the press. When I retire I'll show everyone the clippings and I'll dine out for free on the story.

I could get rich!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. Try using a rifle and hitting a slow moving target out of a car going 80 mph and come back and tell me how easy it is. It's basic ballistics. The faster you're going, the less time you have to pull the trigger. If you're traveling at 400 mph, and your target is travelling at 1-2 mph, no human being in the world is going to be able to pull the trigger fast enough to hit it. The slower you're going the easier it is to hit, so you're going to slow down to get a better shot at the target, unless you want to burn through all your ammunition and do absolutely nothing.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Comparing one object to another doesn't sound like identification.

It looks like a "Balloon""... But it is not.

Saying: "Balloon shaped object" is an odd statement to make.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join