It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Air Force Shoot Down UFO – Jan 26th 2016

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Reports have been in the UK tabloid media and other web sources of a UFO being shot down over India yesterday.

Artistic impression from ABP

According to the reports an Indian Air Force Su-30 MKI fighter intercepted an unidentified flying object in Barmer, Rajistan.

The IAF spokesman said:

"Between 10.30 and 11 am an unidentified balloon-shaped object was picked up by the Indian Air Force (IAF) radar. ..An IAF fighter was launched, which intercepted the object and brought it down. Materials have been retrieved and further investigation is ongoing.”

Stock photo of Su-30 fighter

The object was tracked on radar, triggering alerts. A fighter was scrambled to intercept and the object was described as “balloon-shaped” before being targeted and shot down.

..............Oh hang on. Balloon shaped. Where have we heard this before?

Some local speculation has been that the object was a meteorological weather balloon from Pakistan. The IAF is yet to go on record as to what the object might be and has only said that there were no injuries and no damage to property.

Hmmm.

Barmer is around 300 miles from Jaipur, where villagers reported mysterious metal balls falling from the sky earlier this year. Villagers of Gugardi and Panavara and the nearby area around them said they heard five loud booms. An air force jet flew overhead and pieces of metal fell from the sky. Local police retrieved these triangular metal objects and quickly passed them to the IAF. That didn’t satisfy local residents.

Materials found at the site were photographed:

No protective gloves or equipment seems to have been used

And here's a TV news report

I am not sure what to make of this report at present. I suspect it's something terrestrial rather than extra-terrestrial.

But let's keep an eye on the story to see how it develops and whether the weather balloon excuse is used.

(Although it seems a bit drastic to shoot one down).

Sources :

Daily Express UK

Inqui sitr

Times of India

edit on 27/1/16 by mirageman because: edit

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It appears to be a balloon from Pakistan. They're looking to see if it was a weather balloon or had cameras for reconnaissance. At least some of the material found in the village were bullet remnants from the aircraft.

BARMER, RAJASTHAN: The Air Force this morning used a fighter jet to intercept and bring down an "an unidentified balloon shaped object" in the Barmer area in Rajasthan near the border with Pakistan. The Air Force has found the debris and are carrying out a detailed investigation.

Sources said the possibility of the "balloon" traveling across the border has not been ruled out. According to sources, radars of the Indian Air Force detected the object between 10:30 and 11 am this morning; a Sukhoi-30 fighter was then sent to make an aerial intercept using its main gun. Sources say that they cannot reveal yet if the object that was brought down was a commonly used meteorological balloon, or whether it was equipped with cameras and other devices for reconnaissance.

Meanwhile, a team of air force officers has travelled to Gugdi, a village in Barmer in Rajasthan, where villagers complained that "material" dropped by a fighter plane had caused cracks in some houses. What was found on the ground was the remains of bullets used to intercept the object. Sources said it is possible that the minor damage to structures in the area could have been caused by a sonic boom by the fighter jet. Sonic booms are known to causes a huge vibration and sound when a fighter breaks the speed of sound and enters supersonic flight.

www.ndtv.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I knew it would be nothing more than a balloon!

But if it came from Pakistan and they suspected it was some kind of reconnaissance balloon then I figure that's why they brought it down.

Just waiting for the pictures now of a sheepish looking Air Force intelligence officer with remnants of the balloon to be published.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Im not holding my breath after reading.....I think its likely some mundane explanation....
From what I hear, and have personally observed...no jet aircraft in existence could bring down a real UFO......

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Typical bs from daily express..

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
Im not holding my breath after reading.....I think its likely some mundane explanation....
From what I hear, and have personally observed...no jet aircraft in existence could bring down a real UFO......

Seems like it is just a balloon hey!

But what do you mean by a real UFO?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This story reminded me of the "balloon" that was shot down by Israel near their nuclear facility in Dimona. link

Color me skeptical, all the info on this India flap seems like a cover up including the hot air balloon graphics in the video. They have all that info, but they can't tell us what the radar signature showed them for the 30 minutes they tracked it.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Let's hope that in the photo of him looking sheepish he doesn't have a crumpled memo in his hand.

It could get very very messy.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
ok....so damage caused by a sonic boom? So a jet fighter needs to go super-sonic to intercept an apparent balloon that is drifting........sounds dodgy already.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

Fighter pilots will take any opportunity they can to go supersonic. But in this case he had to go at almost stall speed to shoot the balloon down, and then accelerated to regain speed, and accelerated to supersonic speed.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Looks like it was a US made helium ballon

A US-made helium-filled balloon that was shot down by a Sukhoi-30 fighter aircraft over Rajasthan had come in from Pakistan and could have been an attempt to gauge India’s response time, top government sources said today. The Defence Ministry has now written to the Ministry of External Affairs informing it about the incident. The shiny 3 metres in diametre balloon, with “Happy Birthday” written on it, was flying at a height of about 25,000 feet in Jaisalmer district when it was picked up by the air force radars which were on high alert in view of Republic Day celebrations....

The Indian Air Force said in a statement, “Due to heightened security alert, the balloon was shot down as it would have been carrying unknown payload. However, on analysis of the debris it was established that there was no dangerous payload.” Meanwhile, government sources said that balloon, made by an American company, was flying at an altitude higher than that of an helicopter (18,000 feet) and hence leaving nothing to chance, it was shot down.....

Source : India Express

I hope the Indian Express is a more reliable source than it's Daily British equivalent!
edit on 27/1/16 by mirageman because: edit

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Happy Birthday......Sheeesh!
Some Pakistani kid is roflhao...............

Edit to muse that a few hundred thousand such balloons may pose a problem for any defending forces if they were used creatively at the right moment....or maybe not....what say you Zaphod....could such a ruse be of use.....
edit on 27-1-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

The Japanese did it in World War II, and managed to start some pretty serious fires and kill a few people on the US mainland. Somewhere like India, coming from Pakistan, it would be a lot more effective I'd bet.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
It appears to be a balloon from Pakistan.

The OP quoted report said it was "balloon shaped" and my first reaction was that this was a balloon.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That's quite a sinister thought actually.
Maybe it was intended to be downed and has already delivered.....something?

I'm sure they've already thought of that.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
They've just released pictures of the remnants

It was definitely a "Happy Birthday Balloon"

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Weather balloon.

Along with the usual suspects.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

edit on 1/27/2016 by N3k9Ni because: oops

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

The Japanese attached bombs and incendiary devices and launched them towards the US mainland.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Looks like alien tech to me. Is that some kind of integrated cockpit helmet system? I'm not gonna believe it til I see that memo.

That's enough now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join