It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Airlines passengers from international flight, leave airport without going through Customs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

Oh, they're far from blameless, I agree. Only raising the point that this was a much bigger failure than just them.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I don't know what's more shocking. Letting them bypass
customs or the guy going to see three Phish concerts.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Wow.

words cant describe....at least they have cool gear and plenty of people to fill all those uniforms. If not all of it would go to WASTE.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I heard but cannot yet verify there were actually 203 passengers but only 150 souls were "on board". Who was allowed in under cloak of denial?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Unless they used a bigger plane that day, the aircraft used can only carry up to 160 people (one seating configuration is 150). They may have overbooked the flight, and then loaded who showed up first until it was full.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

I heard but cannot yet verify there were actually 203 passengers but only 150 souls were "on board". Who was allowed in under cloak of denial?

Hmmm, interesting Newz, hope you can follow up with a link or more backup info.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I am waiting for confirmation that I can share and will do!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted byZaphod58
I'm getting twitchy.

LOL What did I do now?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Out of curiosity are these flights part of the pre screening program? I know the US and Canadian customs have stationed people at airports on both sides of the border to help expedite the process at landing. Essentially turning n international flight status to domestic flight status. I thought we had a similar program with Mexico.
edit on 27-1-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Going by the uproar in certain circles about both of these flights, I'd say no.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

Such incompetence by people in a position like this should be punished.
At least a hefty fine should be issued.
To let this happen twice in three months is unacceptable. They need to be taught that this type of thing will be punished harshly, to try and ensure it does not happen again.

Incompetence? or might it be a deliberate plan to slowly breakdown the immigration controls over time?

After all, this would just be another step to "an economy without borders" is followed by 'countries without borders."

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Ermmmmm WHAT!?

That’s like basic security 101!

Who could order such a thing?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

I guess it's possible that is deliberate.
But who? The airline? Someone influencing them?
I don't think the airline would risk it and I don't feel like there could be an outside force that would be able to control the airline to get that outcome, without raising the attention of employees and passengers without having whistle-blowers all over the place.
Maybe a couple 'plants' at the terminal... Who knows.
Either way, the airline should be punished in some way.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

I guess it's possible that is deliberate.
But who? The airline? Someone influencing them?
I don't think the airline would risk it and I don't feel like there could be an outside force that would be able to control the airline to get that outcome, without raising the attention of employees and passengers without having whistle-blowers all over the place.
Maybe a couple 'plants' at the terminal... Who knows.
Either way, the airline should be punished in some way.

During discussions about the shoot down of a Russian plane over Egypt a while back it emerged, that the poster, had had a conversation with a lady behind a counter in Moscow and the poster claimed that the lady (from security) said that airport security and ground crew plane servicing is handled by Israeli owned companies, in most airports around the world.

Given the extent to which this is true, we can see where these 'accidental' deliberate mistakes begin to come into play. Like many other things that come into being, just occasionally at first, then just a trickle, then a flood.

All the erosion of privacy and rights we see around the world has been brought in like this, a little bit at a time. If the speed of the change is slow enough, the pubic wont DO anything about it but they will complain but that's OK with the powers that should not be. They know that for so long as the public only complains the speed of change is about right.

The powers that be are well aware of the story about the boiled frog.

Its possible I could wrong on this occasion but if they are to dismantle all the feelers at the airports, it likely it would be gradual and preceded by some 'lapses' in integrity of the system.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Moving people to Customs is handled by the airline, and security is handled by DHS, not by any ground handling company or private security company.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

A follow up with the percentage of those who actually did check back in would be nice. Hope they didn't bring zika or terrorists...

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
what's the big deal? just using similar policy as the us-mexico border.

The TSA security is a combo of a handout to certain groups, a PR stunt, and acclimating the public to police states.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join