It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
BURNS, OREGON – January 30, 2016 (Last Updated 1/31/2016 at 3:37 AM) — BREAKING NEWS: Shawna Cox is one of five occupants who traveled in with LaVoy Finicum in his white pickup truck on January 26, 2016. Tonight at 10pm Mountain, Rick Koerber and Free Capitalist Radio broadcast ((video below)) her first-hand statements from a telephone interview earlier in the day, recounting the events she experienced, including the tragic shooting death of Mr. Finicum on January 26. This is the second eyewitness account being reported to the public, both differ dramatically from the official FBI story.
originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Boadicea
Okay, I listened to it...
- Finicum WAS apparently saying he was only going to talk with a Sheriff (i.e. no one but the Sheriff had jurisdiction in his mind). And this, allegedly WAS the reason he took off from the traffic stop. Cox alleges they shot at them while stopped. This needs to be verified.
- Finicum DID apparently exit the vehicle saying, 'go ahead and shoot me...I want to talk with the Sheriff...shoot me', etc.
- Cox states bullets hit the windows but didn't break them. These would have been the less than lethal rubber rounds. In almost the same sentence she states there were gas "things". These would have been the capsicum rounds.
So the "hail of gunfire" was likely a hail of less than lethal rounds, not gunfire. (even the radio host catches this detail).
At one point she states they were set up by someone from the inside. I couldn't make out who she was talking about, but she states "look how quickly they turned him loose". So, based on this, it doesn't sound like they even trusted each other.
So I guess the remaining questions are:
- Let's see the truck. It must be riddled with bullet holes. If not, someone is making things up.
- What was the real reason Finicum ran the stop...to talk with the Sheriff, or because he was being shot at (with real guns)?
That may be... but it's also reported that Ryan Bundy was taken to the hospital for gunshot wounds. We need the hospital reports.
edit...on a medical note; typically a gunshot wound is not a "treat and release" injury. Normally a person with any type of an actual gunshot wound is held for further observation (arterial bleeding, bone or collateral damage, etc.). Especially not as fast as Bundy was released, which further suggests it may not have been an actual direct hit, but a fragment, ricochet or piece of debris). Contrary to what people see in the movies, an actual gunshot wound is usually a pretty serious thing (especially from a 9mm or larger, which is what LEO's carry).
originally posted by: Phage
No. The Bundites instigated the whole affair. From the get go.
They were the ones strutting around armed on youtube. They were the one's who called on other "patriots" to join them. Finicum is the one who said he would rather be dead than imprisoned.