It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Officer on Oregon Killing: 'This could be the First Shot of 2nd American Revolution'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
DefendYourBase
Is streaming live from within the compound on and off again, with several videos already uploaded, thanks in part to the IT efforts of David Fry.

May God be with them!

Press Updates by Lauren Martinez
edit on 27-1-2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
Theres one patriot dead and another wounded................that's enough for me.....
You guys haggle over the details...WEVE just lost a brother...There WILL be a price to pay for it....

You got that right!

But I'd just bet the price that gets paid is not what you think it is, in more ways than one.

You and your "patriot brethren" will never garner enough support to do accomplish anything other than getting yourselves killed.

And.....in the process, you will chip away at an already diminishing level of support to maintain the gun rights you currently enjoy.

It's a lose, lose situation for your side.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: Flatfish

How many humans throughout history have blindly followed orders into deadly confrontations though.

There's always going to be "generals" manipulating the "grunts" to do their bidding and follow orders

Now it's no excuse sure, but the majority of people are stupid and will blindly follow for a cause they believe is right & just even if to others it may not be.

I feel sorry because they're not bad or evil, they're just naive and stupid like many people on this planet, they're just human, I'd say while they might seem crazy, they're more humane than most for being willing to die for their beliefs which are inherently good beliefs, ie the quest to make change for a better world. Sure the methods aren't exactly the best, but their motives are good.

As for the whole child thing, they went in there peacefully, they always claimed it was a peaceful protest and would only ever discharge their weapons if they were fired upon, so they didn't take their kids to a gun fight. I'd say they would be bad parents if they left their kids behind, I see no difference with them taking their kids to what was a peaceful protest to parents taking their kids to church and indoctrinating religion into them but that's all opinion based and is really moot for this discussion so let's not get into such discussion as it deviates from the on going situation.

You're absolutely right, naive, stupid people have done this throughout history and more often than not, to their own demise.

ISIS fighters would be another good example of this phenomena, but I don't feel sorry for them when they get their asses blown up either.

Well, maybe on a human level, but that's it!

If it were'nt for that, I wouldn't even give them the chance to surrender. I'd just storm the place and take them out.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: opethPA

Great, when are you posting the video to back up your claim since you were there or are you just jumping to conclusions because you dont trust the Govt?

Likewise.
It boils down to who do you trust.
The Federal government?
Not me my friend, not me.

Just because some people lie doesnt mean all people lie..
Just because some people in the Fed lie doesnt mean all people in the Fed lie...

You choose to automatically assume that anything coming from the Govt is a lie and that is your prerogative just like my choosing to not think that way is mine.

In the end hopefully the truth comes out .

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I would safely say anything coming from the Executive Branch of the Federal government (especially the White House Press Release and the President himself) is mostly lies.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
There will be no revolution.

Most people don't care and are quite happy with their lives.

A few are not and type angrily on their keyboards, a few pointlessly occupy government land.

The rest know they could never win an armed conflict with the government.

This.

The way to start a revolution is not with guns anyway. That has been done ad infinitum. It's ideas now. It's an information war.

I don't know for sure who's right or wrong with this Bundy thing. I've just been everywhere too much. I'm not a republican or a democrat. I don't take sides. I'm not with anybody right now.

I will say I don't think this is merely some people trying to avoid paying fines or taxes or fees. It's more than that. It's hard to pin down. I think it's a form of extremism. Freedom from government is a big theme. Too much freedom can be bad though. Maybe some of us forget that.
edit on 1/27/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
There will be no revolution.

Most people don't care and are quite happy with their lives.

A few are not and type angrily on their keyboards, a few pointlessly occupy government land.

The rest know they could never win an armed conflict with the government.

This.

The way to start a revolution is not with guns anyway. That has been done ad infinitum. It's ideas now. It's an information war.

I don't know for sure who's right or wrong with this Bundy thing. I've just been everywhere too much. I'm not a republican or a democrat. I don't take sides. I'm not with anybody right now.

Exactly!

The way you start a revolution in a modern civilized society is the same way Bernie Sanders is doing it.

Guns are not the real power here, people are.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Wait a minute.

These are the same guys posting videos on Facebook of their children, begging for donations, right?

The Second American Revolution?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

"Guys, we're starting the revolution against the tyrannical government. But - we need snacks, and give me your money!"

Hahahahahahahahahah. Actually have protested before; and not in the form of streaking cars to cruise around while drunk while writing erotic novels, these clowns are just that.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Just out of curiosity, during the first revolution the war for independence in the US which the nation is wholly founded upon. Would you consider that era to be a civilised society ? Was society civilised during the civil war also ?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

The BLM people keep saying the police forces are too violent and these types NEVER get down with them.

So you’re revolution won't go nowhere until the white militias get down with the black brothers otherwise their full of crap.

The brothers have been saying this for decades and these white militias ignore this when blacks get murdered so until they realize that this is already been done and join what the minorities have been suffering for decades your revolution GOES NOWHERE!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: TrueAmerican

He says Obama should be impeached over this for ordering in the FBI

Really, I mean really? Why does it always have to go back to f*cking Obama.

What was the situation surrounding the man's death? How was he executed?

it's amazing how you guys bristle at the suggestion the POTUS is to blame for anything that happens under his leadership. Yet, you all still blame bush and that includes obama himself!

Ain't that the damn truth.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I don't see why that is funny. You and yours had a continuous supply line also when you were having your skull cracked at OWS in the city where it was easy to get supplies around every corner. They are in the middle of nowhere. The cannot just swing by a corner store (or loot one like the other BLM) when they run out of batteries or a bottle of water, so they will need to rely on the generosity of others.

I dont see why you have been placing yourself above them just because you got smacked around, and still accomplished seemingly little to nothing. Trying to make yourself feel better?
edit on 27-1-2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
a reply to: RomeByFire

I don't see why that is funny. You and yours had a continuous supply line also when you were having your skull cracked at OWS in the city where it was easy to get supplies around every corner. They are in the middle of nowhere. The cannot just swing by a corner store (or loot one like the other BLM) when they run out of batteries or a bottle of water, so they will need to rely on the generosity of others.

I dont see why you have been placing yourself above them just because you got smacked around, and still accomplished seemingly little to nothing. Trying to make yourself feel better?

I've been to New York once, and it was when I was a child.

What?

EDIT: Also, who is "you and yours?" I've had this suggested to many multiple times, and I'm confused. I'm one dude. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

I didn't steal others peoples' vehicles and drive them around while under the influence.
edit on 27-1-2016 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Just out of curiosity, during the first revolution the war for independence in the US which the nation is wholly founded upon. Would you consider that era to be a civilised society ? Was society civilised during the civil war also ?

I would have to say no, they were not.

Any society that would allow and accommodate slavery is not civilized.

IMO, Civilized people don't treat one another that way.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Ben Franklin, someone who actually lived during that time, remarked that he thought that "Savage" culture (he was using that word ironically by the way) was FAR more civilized than English-American society.

Here's the essay he wrote on it.
Remarks Concerning the Savages of North America

ETA: One more thing, you asked about society being civilized during two times of great war and conflict. War is the exact opposite of civilized mate.
edit on 27-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Great, when are you posting the video to back up your claim since you were there or are you just jumping to conclusions because you dont trust the Govt?

Likewise.
The Federal government?

As long as a Democrat is in charge, the government is good. As soon as a Republican gets back in, they'll be ranting about revolution again.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Likewise.
The Federal government?

As long as a Democrat is in charge, the government is good. As soon as a Republican gets back in, they'll be ranting about revolution again.

Actually the left doesn't really do that as much as the right does when the left is in power.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Actually the left doesn't really do that as much as the right does when the left is in power.

Actually, you're full of it. How old were you during the Bush years?

Talk of assassination and revolution was RAMPANT. Main stream media referred to the Bush admin as "The Bush regime". Multiple movies were made depicting the assassination of Bush.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Actually, you're full of it. How old were you during the Bush years?

I graduated high school and served in the army during Bush' Presidency.

Talk of assassination and revolution was RAMPANT. Main stream media referred to the Bush admin as "The Bush regime". Multiple movies were made depicting the assassination of Bush.

Actually ONE movie was made depicting the assassination of Bush. It was an English movie, and the assassination was just a plot development to set the stage for the rest of the story. Death of a President

And you are remembering things VERY differently. First, I didn't say it didn't happen. I said that it doesn't happen as much as the right does it to the left, but as I recall Bush strong armed most of the media into being gung-ho patriotic with him for the longest time. Remember this gem?

edit on 27-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

And you are remembering things VERY differently. First, I didn't say it didn't happen. I said that it doesn't happen as much as the right does it to the left, but as I recall Bush strong armed most of the media into being gung-ho patriotic with him for the longest time. Remember this gem?

By what measure do right wingers talk of revolution? How are you making this determination?

Now you're claiming that Bush "strong armed" the media in to support him? Really? I remember a very unfriendly media that did all they could to support his opposition. I can give you pages worth of video clips to back that up too.

By the way, I was also in the military during his term, but I paid attention. It doesn't seem like you did.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join