It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 dead, 3 hurt in shooting at Seattle homeless camp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
This is a targeted killing on homeless people. The article goes on to state that the shooters may have been a bunch of people dressed in all black on BICYCLES? ???

Apparently the article is two fold, also addressing the enormous homeless population in Seattle. The mayor has called for an emergency order to create "safe lots" for the homeless. I wonder is this normal for Seattle? Homeless being executed? A brand new level of low.....

Officers began searching a greenbelt where there is a homeless encampment known as “The Jungle,” and found the five victims.

One person was dead at the scene, four victims were taken to Harborview Medical Center. Their ages range from 25 to 45.

"We've got gunshot wounds to the chest, the abdomen," said Harborview spokeswoman Susan Gregg.

One male died. Two victims were in critical condition, another was in serious condition.
Police say all of the victims lived at the camp

L I N K

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Were the shooters themselves homeless?

I've been to a few homeless encampments, mostly out in the forests and hills but a couple in the city. The city ones felt far more dangerous. There was like this tension in the air, a sense of lawlessness without freedom, where everything was hard and brutal and lean. The occupants lived in these cheap, shabby tents, or sometimes simply beneath tarps strung up to the odd sick looking tree. Everyone was either a junkie, an alcoholic, or both. They all sized us up, even the kids, as though any moment they'd run at us with a knife and demand to see our wallets. The ones out in the forests were full of nature loving hippies, where there would be the occasional conflict but little more, but these city towns were something else entirely.

In the city towns, you'd get wars being waged. Someone would steal someone else's heroin money, and then the victim would gather a group to attack the thief, and the thief would gather a group to defend himself, and on it goes, with even the most minor seeming incident often escalating to violence.

Incidentally, I didn't actually stay in these places. When I was younger I just liked to explore.

The article says that the attacks were targeted, so I'd bet any money it was other homeless people, rather than some psychopath going around taking shots at bums.

City homeless camps are almost always dangerous because of the kind of people they attract. By no means is every homeless person a bad person, but many are long term homeless for a reason that isn't temporary.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
My GOD.

This is worse than the Oregon standoff !!!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Um it wasn't like a group targeting homeless people. It was people who frequent this shifty homeless camp. The people shot were targeted because of who they are not because they are homeless. Get them stars tho champ.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

This is nothing new if you talk to people and travel in ways other than locked up safe and sound in your car.

I lost my driving privileges for five years when I lived in Florida and had a job 30+ miles from my home and rode a bicycle to and from work for the entire time.

I met some interesting people who were in similar positions to mine, but didn't have the motivation to keep getting to work in any way they could.

If you want to know how bad it is for the homeless in a country of people who mostly live a lie, you won't see much of this on the mainstream media and will have to seek out those things unreported by the media yourself.

....By like maybe, going out and talking to those homeless people whom you consider to be filthy animals and people affected by mental illness and drug abuse....

The way many people treat the homeless is what causes them to give up and go crazy or seek nullification of the agony of being marginalized by all of you who are 3 paychecks away from being homeless yourselves.

I know, not all of you, but way more of you are that way than think you are.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO
Um it wasn't like a group targeting homeless people. It was people who frequent this shifty homeless camp. The people shot were targeted because of who they are not because they are homeless. Get them stars tho champ.

Oh, good to know. Whew, now I can move on, nothing to see here. WTF???????????????????

Five people shot. It's good to know that homeless people living in homeless camps are no-good shify characters, not worth the air they breath. No big deal if they get shot. /sarc

Are you serious?

I'm glad most people will take this article as a threat against people, no matter where they are, physically or financially.

Scaaary times.
edit on 27-1-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

This is a targeted killing on homeless people. The article goes on to state that the shooters may have been a bunch of people dressed in all black on BICYCLES? ???

Apparently the article is two fold, also addressing the enormous homeless population in Seattle. The mayor has called for an emergency order to create "safe lots" for the homeless. I wonder is this normal for Seattle? Homeless being executed? A brand new level of low.....

Officers began searching a greenbelt where there is a homeless encampment known as “The Jungle,” and found the five victims.

One person was dead at the scene, four victims were taken to Harborview Medical Center. Their ages range from 25 to 45.

"We've got gunshot wounds to the chest, the abdomen," said Harborview spokeswoman Susan Gregg.

One male died. Two victims were in critical condition, another was in serious condition.
Police say all of the victims lived at the camp

L I N K

MIB you say? On bikes? Shooting at homeless American citizens? Were they possibly acting as a type of BLM to keep those with no land in continual fear and making sure they will never have any hope they will get ahead and have a safe and private home someday?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

nice reading comprehension. op stated people went out and targeted homeless people. that was not true. if you know anything about the jungle then you would agree that everyone there is shifty. but you dont know #.

top topics

join