It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold dilution more than 50% overnight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Something Snapped At The Comex

as of Monday's close there was a whopping 542 ounces in potential paper claims to every ounces of physical gold. Call it a 0.2% dilution factor.

This is a curve no broker wants to see in gold if they are in stocks. It means paper gold is so leveraged in physical gold it is a house of cards that is about to crumble.

edit on 01am2016-01-27T01:41:08-06:0001411America/Chicago41131 by machineintelligence because: errata

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This will not be the last broken bourse or market from over exuberant fraud trying to prop everything up Wall Street has already wrecked the emerging economies,now Canada,Denmark and other first world economies are suffering print to infinity must stop.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

A ten year CD is around 2.3% on average. I think even as under performing as gold seems to be in the short term it is the store of wealth in the long haul it seems to me. It is manipulated by paper and electronic means to slow investment shift from more short term temporary high yield financial instruments.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
How is it a 0.2% dilution when there's 542 more "paper" gold than actual gold ?

Why would anyone invest in paper gold when, like our FIAT currency it's guaranteed against what is basically thin air

Unless I've misunderstood what it all means

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I've wondered whether the "paper gold" folks are mostly just short-term speculators. It just doesn't make sense to me otherwise. Might as well just make up a pretend commodity to trade on the markets. Let people alleviate on what they think other people will speculate on.

I'm just hoping gold gets below $750/oz soon. I miss my gold and want to replenish it. Happily, I sold it off near the peak (because I had to at the time.)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Might as well just make up a pretend commodity to trade on the markets.

Bitcoin?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

This is what I don't understand, the prices do not reflect the reality

If I was going to compare the gold paper market to anything it would be the housing bonds pre 08, where everybody involved did everything they could to keep the prices artificially high and not show the reality of an impending crash until they just couldn't hold it back any more.

Is the same thing happening for other metals (if there are "paper" versions) ?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
The Fed has been bidding gold down using futures that don't require physical gold.

With less gold available to COMEX the price of gold should go up.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate
The Fed has been bidding gold down using futures that don't require physical gold.

Probably true (I haven't looked at it myself), though should gold truly be going up when the value of the USD is on a rapid upward trajectory?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Paper gold = toilet paper.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
the $ was papier for gold. they printed to much.
now they have done it AGANE. papier gold.
how stupid can the people be?
will they do it a 3 time?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Why is it even legal to sell the same ounce of gold to 542 different people at the same time? If I sold my truck to 542 different people and collected $5,000 from each of them for the truck I would go to jail for fraud.

so, basically 541 of those people don`t own an ounce of gold they just own an I.O.U for an ounce of gold?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

"Paper gold" was an excellent investment when the stock market was tanking, but everyone who was smart should have sold off back in 2011. I have no idea why people are buying it now. Probably taking advice from globalresearch.ca.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

so, basically 541 of those people don`t own an ounce of gold they just own an I.O.U for an ounce of gold?

They own a piece of paper that gives them ownership of 1/540th of an ounce of gold that they paid 541 times too much for. So long as the fund has the gold, they are only responsible for the physical amount specified on the original "paper." (There was probably never any physical paper.) All the "dilution" is due to mark-ups by the middlemen who bought the shares and sold them at profit. It's perfectly legal, but the market is obviously dominated by fools now.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
Why is it even legal to sell the same ounce of gold to 542 different people at the same time? If I sold my truck to 542 different people and collected $5,000 from each of them for the truck I would go to jail for fraud.

Those sales are all futures transactions that require no gold to cash out. Basically the central banks borrow/print/create enough money to buy all of the gold in the world and sell it at a low price, so as to keep the gold price down. All of the gold in the world amounts to less than a trillion. So the Banksters can "sell" massive amounts by offering futures contracts at low prices and then settling with fiat money.

Originally, it was the same gold at different times. The futures price in January and the price in April are two different contracts on the same piece of metal.

Then derivatives used any contract as collateral for additional contracts.

Since the Bankster Bailout all of that has been implicitly insured by the government.
edit on 27-1-2016 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: Semicollegiate

Probably true (I haven't looked at it myself), though should gold truly be going up when the value of the USD is on a rapid upward trajectory?

The value of the dollar is relative to other currencies.

The value of gold is absolute, because it has a finite amount.

More money with the same amount of gold means gold will be worth more money.

As far a the COMEX, since less gold is accessible to the COMEX, the COMEX gold price should go up. However, since it is all insider stuff the COMEX might continue as though nothing like that matters.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

This is the reality of paper gold

gata.org...

7:26p ET Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Dear Friend of GATA and Gold:

Gold ready for delivery against futures contracts on the New York Commodities Exchange is down to 74,000 ounces or a mere 2 tonnes, the TF Metals Report's Turd Ferguson writes tonight, moving the exchange's nominal paper-to-metal ratio up to 542 to 1. Delivery data for the bullion bank traders, Ferguson writes, suggests that they are mainly just swapping gold among each other each month to maintain the illusion of serious trading. Ferguson's report is headlined "New Record Low Comex Gold Inventory" and it's posted at the TF Metals Report's Internet site here:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I only buy and store physical gold and silver. That fake gold is exactly the kind of thing I am trying to hedge against.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
gold bullion available for physical delivery just dropped by a sudden 200k ounces....
leaving the COMEX only 75k ounces of available, physical gold to be possible for potential delivery to holders of gold contracts...

only IF 98% of those contract holders agree to settle for fiat USD instead of bullion...

...This took place as a result of adjustments at vaults belonging to
Scotia Mocatta (-95K ounces),
HSBC (-85K ounces),
and Brink's (-21K ounces).

?? why did those 3 vaults find a need to clawback their promise of gold bullion to COMEX ??

did they actually ship bullion to China who paid cash in the form of US Treasuries to purchase the gold bullion~~~ which then leaves the COMEX gold futures with a 73% deficiency of gold bullion available to back up paper contracts for gold...

me, I personally think the recent gold rally in price to $1129. per oz from lows near $1060 oz was enough gain to abandon the COMEX pressure to keep the bullion available....Profits 1st is the undoing of fraudsters !

oh. here's a link: www.zerohedge.com...
edit on th31145393439827392016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Handbrake on gold has been released so always question why.

We might see gold rise to $1400-1500 before another market collapse causes POG to collapse 33% back down to $1050 (aka 2007-2008 pattern). After the Fed announces a new round of QE to dilute the value of fiat (a stealth taxation on all including retirees) it will be off to the races for gold.
edit on 27-1-2016 by glend because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join