It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

K-Wow! All things Korean!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This is a thread for anyone interested in Koreans, their culture and history. In this thread I'll share interesting videos and articles I come around, recipes for delicious Korean food, and what not. Please note this is mostly just for fun. While I might post something "more serious" like wars, I think that will warrant it's own thread for the content involved. So I'll only add something if it's easier to share, and doesn't take away the general feel I want for this thread.

Learn Korean 1: Pronounce the Alphabet

Korean Alphabet - Learn to Read and Write Korean #1 - Hangul Basic Vowels: ㅇ,ㅏ,ㅣ

COLORS in Korean

Steak, Bacon, and Potato Korean Pizza

Videos:
Billy Korean
KoreanClass101
sweetandtastyTV

Links:
Korean Recipes
Korea Expose

Remember this is just the beginning of the thread. In the near future I hope to have more awesome content to share. But in the meantime I hope you enjoy what I have already posted.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Teddy916

i speak in this thread because my girlfriend has a boner for south korea, she taught english for two years in korera and is planning our trip back. also i like korean food. ever had a kimchi cheesburger?
edit on 27-1-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

ever had a kimchi cheesburger?

My friend was talking about kimchi one day. It's made from cabbage, right?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

yes i believe its fermented and spiced

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Cool thread, man. Thank you for sharing. I'm always interested in learning about different cultures. I hope you don't mind my asking but are you Korean or know somebody that is?

I'm actually sending this thread to a friend of mine, who is also a member of this site. He was stationed in South Korea in the 1980's when he was in the army. I think he'll really enjoy it. The way he talks about being there, I can tell he liked being there.
edit on 27-1-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
That would taste interesting on a cheeseburger. I think my friend knows how to make it. His dad was in South Korea, I think, and taught him how. I'm going to ask him to make it. Thanks for bringing it up.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

well if you ever come across some kimchi i will post a video tutorial on how to make a kimchi burger

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
kimchi is great.

I loves it.

Some the most epic farts I've ever had.

My gf she hates when I eat it.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I love S.Korean horror movies!! I have seen A Tale of Two Sisters about 5 times.

IMDB

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

ever had a kimchi cheesburger?

My friend was talking about kimchi one day. It's made from cabbage, right?

Ohhhh yummm. Usually very spicy, but very good. brined and made with garlic or chili pepper or radish.
edit on 27-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Thanks for this.

My brother has married a beautiful (very) and talented (very) Korean girl and I must confess I have very little knowledge of all things Korean.

I'll do a follow up read tomorrow.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
If you like gas... I highly recommend. Dated a Korean for two years.

Man, she could cook!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Kimchi
Free pot
Largest stadium in the world

Go Korea

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I saw the devil is awesome too, one of my favourite movies ever.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Here's something funny. I talked to my friend this morning and before I could even mention kimchi, he showed me a jar of liquor he has. He said that once the jar is empty he's going to make kimchi in it.

I told him about kimchi cheese burgers and he says that he likes to put kimchi inside of the burger with cheese. That sounds tasty.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Some the most epic farts I've ever had.

It'll keep you warm at night then; not good smelling but warm. I doubt your girlfriend would appreciate the Dutch oven though lol.

new topics

top topics

join