It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he won’t participate in GOP debate on Fox News

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Reagan skipped his last debate also in 1980.

But that was before the internet so it probably doesn't count.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Trump wants sycophants. If you don't tell him how great he is, you're a loser. If you challenge him, you're worse. Nixon was a paranoid. Trump's an egomaniac.

The easiest thing for Fox to do would be to sit Kelly down and cave to Trump's wishes. I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Disappointed, but not surprised.

I'll watch either way. Frankly, I'd prefer to see Paul on the main stage, anyway.

This will most definitely hurt Trump in Iowa if he truly ends up a non-participant. Since he's not beating the bushes for cash, it doesn't matter to him long term. He doesn't need the donors to pony up to keep going.

This will be good theater.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: EightTF3

Totally accurate and he still attended all the debates.

Trump is afraid of Kelly. He's a coward.

How do you define accurate? I don't know if he pulled out because Kelly or not but your assessment that he never brought up the ridiculous profits they're making off him or using it to raise money for the Vet's is flat out wrong.

Also he's pulling out of a debate where they tried railroading him the first time. It's 4 days before the primary, this is all about Fox getting paid so I have no problem costing Rupert Murdoch or the Saudi Prince money. I'd rather he raise money for the Vet's even if he's doing it out of childish stubborness it's a better cause then lining Fox News' pocket.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Silly stunt. The parties, politicians, and media play games with our elections. It's us against them...anything else is smoke and mirrors. I feel kind of bad for people who lap this up like it's meaningful in some other way.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: xuenchen

So a Fox News reporter is scaring Trump from showing up on the next debate,
. So here's a candidate for POTUS who has a responsibility to give his views on the issues to the American people, but decides not to show because he's not tough enough to handle questions from a reporter?

He also tends to dodge "open question" news conferences... and has snit-fits when reporters ask him about his changing stance (which seems to change to fit the circumstance (from pro-abortion to "abortion is criminal", for example.)

I think he's rather blatantly two-faced.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
Trump wants sycophants. If you don't tell him how great he is, you're a loser. If you challenge him, you're worse. Nixon was a paranoid. Trump's an egomaniac.

Agreed. He wants sycophants who will support his "big bully boss" stance.

I'll watch either way. Frankly, I'd prefer to see Paul on the main stage, anyway.

Agreed. It will give other candidates some air time. I doubt Trump supporters will watch it, but it may give some of the others a boost in the poll.

This will most definitely hurt Trump in Iowa if he truly ends up a non-participant. Since he's not beating the bushes for cash, it doesn't matter to him long term. He doesn't need the donors to pony up to keep going.

This will be good theater.

True. He's spending his own money (or was for awhile) on this and has more than enough for a run (it's a pity we've become an oligarchic society.) I think that the main deal behind this is concern that Meagan might go after him with some of her questions (he would rather be given lightweight questions where he can produce a "magic bandaid" proclamation (like... make Mexico build a wall at the border. Really? How's he going to convince them to do that, particularly after alienating them?))

And then there's the issue of Fox not paying him for his appearance. I believe I read that this was causing the initial standoff with him and Fox.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Trumps biggest weakness is he can't handle rejection from ladies he flirts with and gets aggressive when he can't win them over

Selina Scott a reporter from the UK did a documentary about trump in the 90s for ITV and knows the wrath of Donald only too well

Right at the start of the filming Donald was on the charm offensive with her laying it thick about her good looks but when this documentary showed him warts and all he became very aggressive to her

He lied about her making advances on him and sent her abusive letters

13 of them!

Selina couldn't believe he was acting the way he was and upon receiving the last letter she told him he was mentally stalking her

He clearly has big issues and his ego gets bruised when his charm gets him nowhere

I wonder if he sent Kelly any hate mail

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: annalisa2016
I don't know what in the world I will do without being able to watch the hair and the verbose attacks fly tonight, I was really looking forward to making popcorn and sitting by the fire whilst watching the combover flap about.

Whatever shall I do now?

(Sarcasm folks sarcasm, this is just that silly)

Isn't the debate on Thursday night?

Yeah it is on Thursday, I got my days mixed up thank you, was tying and didn't notice i had put tonight *MY BAD*

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I don't think Kelly was harsh but I do think she was off topic when she asked that question. Having said that, I didn't feel like hearing questions about why Trump said this or that, or why other candidates are saying things about other candidates. I want to hear about how they're going to help America. All that other junk is for the birds.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

"It's -10* below out there!"

Off topic, but fun fact, and useful... Hold ALT and type in 0176 on the number pad of your keyboard...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Fox will be the only one hurting from this, if Trump isn't there, the debate ratings go way down, and likely his poll numbers do the exact opposite.

Yep. The last debate on Fox News (not Fox Business) drew in the neighborhood of 24 million, the highest non-sports cable show of all time. I doubt they will get more than 18 million for this debate. While that number is still respectable, it'll be no where near the number they could draw with Trump participating.

www.adweek.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Who is most likely to run this counrty like a business and cut the fat?

If someone doesn't, we are effed.

Bernie or Hillary? They are a couple of taxpayer watered gov Chia pets.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The whole 'Kelly' thing was orchestrated...I'm sure she and FOX know this too...and are playing along with it

Look at this maneuver objectively...

1.) Trump can point to diminished FOX debate ratings...while comparing the ratings from his wounded warrior rally on other stations

2.) Trump dominates the news cycle all the way up to the Iowa caucus

3.) Trump sets himself apart from all other candidates

4.) Trump scores with veterans and their families

5.) Trump buys himself (along with FOX) a HUGE future ratings event (probably just before Super Tuesday) where he makes nice with Meghan Kelly sits down with her (On HIS terms) for a ONE-ON-ONE Interview
edit on 27-1-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I completely agree that Trump and FOX are in cahoots.

Along with the RNC...and DNC. When they all work together, in secret, the two parties and the media divert loads of cash into their pockets.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I like Megyn Kelly. She is a hot commodity for Fox right now.

Vanity Fair recently did a piece on her. www.vanityfair.com...

I have a feeling this 6th debate, however, is more about spotlighting Megyn than anything. Donald gets it! The man is brilliant, imo.

Yeah I think he was tipped off about something. Plus who wants to see them all attack each other's policies again? I'm tired of it. I'll be tuning into Trump's rally if it's aired.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

I'll be tuning out of all of it. I am honestly sick, tired, and completely bored of these shenanigans and stunts. I have better things to do.

This entire election is a farce and it's not even amusing.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Reagan skipped his last debate also in 1980.

But that was before the internet so it probably doesn't count.

I was just about to post this fact, when I saw yours. Trump is not setting a precedent here, folks.

Trump has said that the networks are making lots and lots of extra money off of his draw and should donate that extra money to Wounded Warriors. He has openly asked them to do it. I doubt any of them did.

So, he will raise money for WW, and eff the 6th debate that will only put money in pockets that are already full and bulging!
edit on 27-1-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Most people that are televised don't like him. If you think most Americans (the silent majority) aren't in Trump's corner, you're going to be a frustrated person come election time.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
As for Trump and the topic. What a gigantic crybaby!!!

I guess he doesn't like the fact the world doesn't revolve around him. Oh well, let him stay home and whine about it like a little b*tch then.

He's having his own rally during the debate. If it's aired, he'll have more viewers than the debate itself. Keep hating though, it's going to be comical watching you guys pull your hair out.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Unfortunately, if Fox loses all that extra ad money Thurs., all we will hear about in the coming days is negativity about Donald Trump. They will then go deep to smear him and all eyes and ears will be focused on Trump's past misdeeds RATHER THAN HILLARY'S real and serious misdeeds!

Watch what the left hand is doing while the right hand tricks you. Stay focused, friends.
edit on 27-1-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join